Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all on this very grey day.

6.8 this morning, after 2 JBs at 7am. Surprised and pleased as BGs hovered between 10.1 and 14.1 all afternoon and evening yesterday after the Greek meze.

The food went down well though. Lemony roast potatoes, Aubergine with tomato (melitzanes), chickpeas and veg stew (Briam), Greek salad with Feta, stuffed vine leaves and garlic flatbreads. I also threw in some artichoke hearts, followed by Baklava (bought in Corfu apirport) and home made Kumquat ice cream. The friends are vegetarians. Hubby then demanded a "proper" evening meal - luckily there was a sizeable piece of salt and pepper pork belly left over from the Sunday roast. To be fair, he pulls his weight as KP.

Congratulations @Barrowman on the HS.

@TinaD what you do absolutely amazes me, but honestly you need to be a little kinder to yourself. I hope you feel better soon, it sounds like more than a cold to me. Did you do an LFT?

Hi @rebrascora - our posts crossed... so CONGRATS on the HS, was that a hat trick?
Thanks Patti. No I am just on a double at the moment. Very much doubt I can pull off a triple..... but will give it a good try!

Do you think if you cook tomatoes then blitz them and sieve the puree so there are no seeds or bit of skin that will be low residue.
He coped well with salmon and some broccoli with cheese sauce and a yoghurt last night.
It would be better to strain rather than blitz I think. Funnily enough I’ve just cooked a kilo of very ripe tomatoes, from the garden, with garlic, salt, sugar and olive oil. I’m straining it through a fine net to make passata. The tomatoes need used up. Fingers crossed it works and doesn’t upset my tummy. Only thing is, it’s not the same as a nice, ripe fresh homegrown tomato sliced and placed on a thick slice of ham inbetween two slices of homemade bread! But needs must as I don’t want to feel like I do at the moment again. :(

Attachments

• 96B32D85-1FA1-40DF-83FE-97CFC94EBB16.jpeg
    96B32D85-1FA1-40DF-83FE-97CFC94EBB16.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 4
Well I am on a double, but I did well and truly sleep in this morning and it would have been slightly higher if I had woken up earlier....(late night doing Ordles before bed 🙄)
View attachment 22532
Went with 2 units of Levemir again last night but I was on 8.7 when I climbed into bed so believe it or not, I injected half a unit correction o_O..... How sad/obsessive am I?? It allows me to take full credit for that 5.2 though. 😎 It was clearly a good call.

I also had a unicorn day yesterday.... JUST! I like to use the full width of my range!
View attachment 22533
My levels are starting to dip a little quickly before breakfast these days and I have had to eat a single JB to stop me hitting the red before I ate breakfast. Normally I can set a clock by 45 mins but 33mins yesterday caught me unawares on 44 and a downward sloping arrow, but a JB before eating breakfast kept me in range. I wasn't paying attention to it today and 38mins saw me at 4.2... so another JB before my yoghurt. In reality these numbers will not be as close to the red line as they seem because Libre is reading lower, but I do need to adjust my morning routine a little so that I am not sailing quite so close to the wind. 😳

@TinaD I do worm egg counts now rather than routine worming and it saves me a lot of the aggravation of worming. The Tapeworm test is a saliva one which checks for antibodies and that is interesting to collect but none of the protests like there are regarding the paste. I rarely get a positive test although the old lady has started to have low to medium egg counts for Strongyles now occasionally. She of course is the worst to worm. The others all put their heads up to try to evade the wormer, but she puts her head right down to the ground, crafty madam. 🙄
So pleased you are feeling better today. I love the tone of your posts and as others have said, your will to get stuff done and workload is impressive indeed.
Well done, again, Barbara. I too had a unicorn day yesterday. I’m better at those than HSs! Funnily enough, my numbers are dropping quicker before breakfast too. I could quite happily ( maybe not happily as I am always blooming starving) go an hour after my bolus before eating, but my Libre has been giving me a warning the last couple of days that I’m sailing close to the wind!
Fingers crossed for a hat trick tomorrow.

Forgot to post yesterday & I haven’t tested today, yet either!

A Very Good Afternoon to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

I woke just in time for tesco delivery for 11:00 to 12:00 at 11:03. Landline in the hall rang & I went to open the front door! But, tesco really disappointed me this week: driver wasn’t there, rang back & I knew it was either blank gardens on one side or blank meadows on the other side of blank avenue he was at & I’m in the middle; got to me eventually! I returned 6 huge trays of cooke chicken drumsticks that I don’t like when I did not tick the substitution box for 6 trays of cooked chicken thigh pieces & they only gave me 1 pack of 8 duracell double A batteries instead of the 2 I ordered 8 packs at £10 offer: why be stuck with 6 of something I don’t like & pay £7:50 for a 1 pack of batteries without a discount; got the driver to check the price I’m being charged!

Put the rest away & ordered more shopping for Thursday after I put things away & ate: 2 packs of batteries & the chicken thighs along with some sushi to make up the £40 for delivery! I’m a bit grumpy!

I’m still struggling on & off with SOMETHING & it’s making my heart feel off! I posted about my weakness & fluttery heart the other day & woke with it gone the following day & indeed that day was alright all day! But, after getting up late, after 3pm yesterday that relatively short day my heart rate was still higher, around 90 & I was aware of it all day but, it wasn’t fluttery & I can’t really describe it!

Now, after the effort of putting away the shopping & eating, after tresiba & meds, my HR is a bit faster, it is always a bit faster after the NR insulin goes in for food, & it feels uneven is the best I can describe it: not fluttery all the time; the odd time here & there it’s a fluttery weaker beat or two for a second!

I forgot to test before eating & realise it now as I remembered to post today! 😳

It’s been a bit of a battle to keep my sniffle from going down to my chest but, with intermittent sleeping & some intermittent wet chesty coughing, the battle is still on the cusp of my head & chest!

I’ll see how things go after my HR slows down a bit after my bolus insulin & the rest of today! If it’s STILL off tomorrow I’ll phone the health centre for GP appointment!

BS has been ok ish with the odd borderline bit higher BS after eating with +2 NR across the board. Just forgetting to eat at times: ate twice the day before yesterday & only once yesterday; not hungry & it’s easy to forget to eat! 🙄

Morning all on this very grey day.

6.8 this morning, after 2 JBs at 7am. Surprised and pleased as BGs hovered between 10.1 and 14.1 all afternoon and evening yesterday after the Greek meze.

The food went down well though. Lemony roast potatoes, Aubergine with tomato (melitzanes), chickpeas and veg stew (Briam), Greek salad with Feta, stuffed vine leaves and garlic flatbreads. I also threw in some artichoke hearts, followed by Baklava (bought in Corfu apirport) and home made Kumquat ice cream. The friends are vegetarians. Hubby then demanded a "proper" evening meal - luckily there was a sizeable piece of salt and pepper pork belly left over from the Sunday roast. To be fair, he pulls his weight as KP.

Congratulations @Barrowman on the HS.

@TinaD what you do absolutely amazes me, but honestly you need to be a little kinder to yourself. I hope you feel better soon, it sounds like more than a cold to me. Did you do an LFT?
I did do a LFT - not Covid but, as I suspected from careful study of the ZOE list of symptoms, just a very nasty common cold - which with COPD chokes up everything and has to be watched carefully in case some obnoxious bacterium takes the opportunity to cause a secondary infection. I was just beginning to wonder if I might need antibiotics when I turned the corner - still 15 days is a long cold so I did an LFT today and its clear. Coughing is almost down to normal COPD levels and pulse rate back within sensible range.
I am being kind to myself, honestly, by trying to get everything done before autumn turns to winter. Elderly widows with animals have to keep busy and plan ahead...Oil was 43p a litre - now it's 90. Bedding was £7 a bale and now its £9.75. Food (and feed) has gone up like a rocket as we have all noticed. I plan on human and animals being warm, comfortable and fed whatever our increasingly silly government does. Hence all the logging - split my very last log today, just have a small pile of "rounds" to get into the shed. Mr Putin et al (on whom I wish all ills) can put oil up as much as they want - my standby woodburning cooker and a full woodshed will keep me warm and fed. I feel very sorry for those without such resources. Railing the yard means having a large dry under foot area for horses out eating hay during the day (saving bedding and preventing filled legs). Next job - clear the veggie garden - but that can wait until another day...'cos I want a cuppa and a sit in the sun!

Afternoon

6.something for me

Crashed from the 10's to 4.2 yesterday afternoon where I sat for well over an hour despite jelly babies, have a banging headache today, I thought things could only get better, that was until I put my soup in the microwave, it flashed and made a noise like it was going to blow up and had a horrendous smell, well looks like we're in trouble for a few days 🙄 xx

G'day all. Run out of strips. Thought I had some more for this new contraption, will have to make a thorough search. Hope you're all having a good day. 🙂

Congrats to @rebrascora on your HS today and a unicorn (thanks for the picture, I assumed it was a day in range but not certain until your post today!). The only way I’ll get those is if I avoid the rather spiky porridge pots for breakfasts (must be the refined sugar in them), I spike up to 11 or 12 quite scarily but then equally quickly back down around my target of 6, mid(ish) range within 2 hours.

Sensor change this evening, so an hour’s wait hoping the new one is as accurate as this one has been!

Was there someone else with a HS today? I thought I saw a post but now can’t find it?

Forgot to add @goodybags - Phew! Glad to hear it’s all healed. Good luck at your appointment.
Thanks for your thoughts, @Bloden yes toe fully healed up now,
it was quite scary back in June when I had the ulcer,

but received some good care,
lesson learned

if I ever have a problem again (cut foot etc)
will seek immediate advice from diabetic foot care team
at the general hospital, now I know they are there for us.

It would be better to strain rather than blitz I think. Funnily enough I’ve just cooked a kilo of very ripe tomatoes, from the garden, with garlic, salt, sugar and olive oil. I’m straining it through a fine net to make passata. The tomatoes need used up. Fingers crossed it works and doesn’t upset my tummy. Only thing is, it’s not the same as a nice, ripe fresh homegrown tomato sliced and placed on a thick slice of ham inbetween two slices of homemade bread! But needs must as I don’t want to feel like I do at the moment again. :(
I don't know where I got this from, book or TV? But I make passata by 'grating' the tomatoes across a fine grater. The skin and seeds stay on one side and the rest passes though. It's surprisingly easy, extremely efficient (negligible waste) and quick. I froze portions, some in small containers, some in ice cube trays, the latter are an ideal size for one piece of toast - Andulcian style breakfast with salt and garlic!

I don't know where I got this from, book or TV? But I make passata by 'grating' the tomatoes across a fine grater. The skin and seeds stay on one side and the rest passes though. It's surprisingly easy, extremely efficient (negligible waste) and quick. I froze portions, some in small containers, some in ice cube trays, the latter are an ideal size for one piece of toast - Andulcian style breakfast with salt and garlic!
That’s my plan, freeze in an ice cube tray. At least I can get my tomato fix without the associated problems of the skins and seeds. I’ll try the grating trick next time. Thanks for that.

Back