Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning everyone! 5.3 (close but no cigar) for me today!

@Gwynn and @MeeTooTeeTwo - congratulations on just sneaking past me to a joint HS !

@eggyg - welcome back home! My wife always gets stopped at airports, think she must look guilty going through the metal detectors!

Have a great day everyone!

My mum frequently gets pulled aside in airports, especially the US ones.
Mum has no fingerprints. Not that she has none on record, she actually has no fingerprints. No ridges, no whorls, no loops.

Oh and 6.8.

Now, after breakfast, I’ll have a second more leisurely search for that dratted tiny sim card, why rush it & send my breathing & heart rate through the roof! 🙄 Very tedious! And if I can’t find it I’ll have to get a new sim card & call customer services to transfer my old number over: REALLY hope I find it, though as a very seldom caller I’m on the more expensive tariff of All Calls, doesn’t require contractual top ups with calls & texts paid for, that’s not been available for some time now; all the tariffs now involve a monthly top up with different prices & different minutes & texts! I’ve always barely used the phone & £10 minimum top up can last me a year! If I have to go on one of the latest tariffs that’ll be a new monthly bill I’ll have to budget for?:(
while there's nothing quite on the level of £10 for a year, Lebara and Lycamobile frequently offer introductory offers for 1p, £1, £2 etc a month on monthly plans with no minimum contract. So there would be administrative hassle of switching between them when it went up to the full price if you didn't want to stay at that (usually £5-7 for those plans) but might help with the financial side

Good morning 7.1 today
Woke up and felt I’m feel absolutely exhausted felt like I’m ready for bed
thinking to myself - shame it’s Friday and not Saturday LoL

picked up my new specs yesterday, same style but a different prescription.
think I’m going to have to look at online reglazing solutions
I’ve many old pairs (I’m no longer wearing rimless since I changed to varifocals)

It looks cold and dark out, have a great day everybody 😎
I wear rimless and they are varifocals. astonishing how no rim costs more than with rim.
I took some of my old pairs (at least 4) to Specsavers for their charity collection.

5.5 this morning. Ate my breakfast, well still sipping my coffee, and contemplating the preparation work I need to finish in bedroom 4 (being turned into dressing room/chillout room for youngest - I have 2 boxrooms so they were in one each with the bigger second bedroom containing their wardrobes and supposed to also be playroom. It wasn't adequately used so I have already redecorated that and moved eldest into there which means youngest needs a space for their wardrobe etc). I've been meaning to finish it for quite some time but always distractions.... I will need to do some work later too as I didn't go back to my paperwork yesterday after having to unexpectedly collect kids at lunchtime, but I know if I start with that I won't get to the DIY/decorating.

Hey all 6.5
So DNS phoned me with a no to lilbre (and shes frustrated with me on that answer as she knows how much I get from it).

Anyone know if there is special funding or a way to appeal? I'm sure I have read that there are ways.

And it was a 5.6 for me at 8.15 this morning.

Going out today looking for a car for my youngest son, who’s 42. I know more about them than he does.

My mum frequently gets pulled aside in airports, especially the US ones.
Mum has no fingerprints. Not that she has none on record, she actually has no fingerprints. No ridges, no whorls, no loops.

Oh and 6.8.
Ooh that’s strange Colin. Was she born like that? She could commit the perfect crime, as long as she didn’t leave any DNA. :confused:

Ooh that’s strange Colin. Was she born like that? She could commit the perfect crime, as long as she didn’t leave any DNA. :confused:
It is probably harder to avoid leaving DNA evidence than fingerprints these days. They can pick up and identify the teeny tiniest traces of it.
Mine are all worn off probably due to long term steroid cream use as a child and the skin on my hands being hard and dry.
It is something I am aware of because we used to practice on each other when we were trained to take fingerprints back in the day when I was policing and my poor partner in training was unable to get anything remotely acceptable from my fingers. 🙄 It does worry me a bit if we ever come to widespread use of biometric identification.

Forgot to post earlier.....
It was 6.0 after a fizzy worm at 4.30am to bring me up out of the red I had very gently slipped into despite just 2 units of Levemir last night which gave me a lovely horizontal line the night before of course. 🙄 I slept longer last night though which always drops me lower. I didn't test the red but suspect I was probably low 4s as Libre showed me only just below the line and it reads lower than finger prick usually.

Hate to say it but Wordle took me 5 this morning.:( One gold in the first and got 2 greens in the second but just 2 many options after that. Got there in the end though. Not attempted Quordle yet but will be interested to, now I know there is a tricky word.... which of course may well help me to get it.

Congrats to our two House Special champions this morning @Gwynn and @MeeTooTeeTwo.

4 for Wordle today. Better than the last couple of days

Afternoon guys

7.7 for me today

Don't know what is going on, keep dropping like a brick! 1 unit for a Blueberry Muffin and was down in the 4's an hour later despite 2 jelly babies before bolusing and eating straight away as I dropped yesterday 🙄 xx

Afternoon guys

7.7 for me today

Don't know what is going on, keep dropping like a brick! 1 unit for a Blueberry Muffin and was down in the 4's an hour later despite 2 jelly babies before bolusing and eating straight away as I dropped yesterday 🙄 xx
I'm the other way today. Onto my fourth correction this morning already and I only had 10g carbs for breakfast. Would happily swap you 4 extra spikes in the stomach for a blueberry muffin and a couple of JBs 😉

@rebrascora sorry to hear your needing a few corrections, hopefully they come down soon

To be honest despite numerous changes in the way I've been doing things I've been needing a minimum of 10 jelly babies every day for a few days now so I'm a little fed up of it and we're both pretty useless and feeling sorry for ourselves today, me because I'm totally Drained with this everyday and Bruce because he had another bad reaction at work yesterday and his hand and neck etc are still swollen so we're curled up on the sofa after dinner grumping xx

Back