Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning everyone

Bright and sunny here in Lytham

BG 5.4

The huge App update looking at macro nutrients has gone well. Very hard work but fascinating.

The analysis looks at all the essential vitamins and minerals (26 of them anyway). What it has shown is that my diet is deficient in a few ways, not many. But before I look into taking at supplements to cover these aspects a lot more research needs to be done and care needs to be taken not to take too much if a supplement is used (which can be harmful). The safety cover in all this is a check against the blood serum results....hence my interest and impatience regarding getting the latest results set from the GP.

BP 115/69
Pulse 68

All good.

Still no results from last weeks blood test. I checked yesterday.

I rang the surgery and the receptionist was not only rather unhelpful but also gave me an incorrect summary of last March's results thinking they were last weeks results. Sigh

Today I will check through my new analysis AND the basic food data to see if there are any errors or ommissions. I do live an exciting life!!! Oddly, I do enjoy doing all this analysis stuff.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

4.6 for me this morning but I was only asleep a couple of hours and I had a correction before i slept so it wasn't difficult to keep in range. Pleased to report my TIR is back up into the 90s after a long spell of mid to low 80s. Feel like I am more in control too. Basal the last 3 nights has been 4 units, 5 units and 3.5 units and decent BG results each morning following those adjustments so just feel like I am winning the game at the moment! The last 2 days have also almost been "unicorns" with just one tiny excursion into a decimal place over 10 each day, so much happier that my levels are more stable.

Morning all. 4.8 today. Its going to be hot later, 27° so i'll get some housework done this morning while its a bit cooler.

Good morning people, 5'7.

Good news: my recent HbA1c, the pharmacist is finally changing my prescription from disposable pens to cartridges, and I got some tax back from last year 🙂

Not so good news: my brother still in hospital, he needed a second surgery yesterday :(

Good morning people, 5'7.

Good news: my recent HbA1c, the pharmacist is finally changing my prescription from disposable pens to cartridges, and I got some tax back from last year 🙂

Not so good news: my brother still in hospital, he needed a second surgery yesterday :(
There wasn't an emoji appropriate for both so...
Thats great news about the HbA1c and pharmacy. Getting a tax rebate is always good!

Sorry to hear your brother is still in hospital, i hope he's better soon.

Morning first test was 10.9 which I thought it might be a bit high by the time i managed to test because I spent a while working out breakfast (if it's something which requires weighing I usually wait until I've weighed it out and done the callecations to test because I'm aware my number could have changed by then) but it's still only a slight raise from where it was last night

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220803-075836.png
    Screenshot_20220803-075836.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 4
Morning. 6.1 for me.

Walked into town for my new specs, the rain stopped earlier in the day and it was blooming hot with a warm breeze. Picked glasses up, I like them very much, bought some tea, Darjeeling first flush, I last bought it less than three weeks ago, £13.95, yesterday £14.25! Everything is just going up and up, 20/30p here and there really mounts up. Mr Eggy is going to have to just drink Tetley teabags from now on, like me, he’s totally spoilt! 😉 We needed marscapone for the pasta dish I was making for tea so we walked to Tesco, not the one in the middle of town, about 500 metres from the optician, oh no, that would be far too easy. We got onto the riverside path and went to the one at the edge of town, as you do! 8 miles all told! I sometimes think we’re a bit nuts!😛

Quieter day today, rain forecast.

@Robin its the same with us, we’ve been going to the same hairdressers since before our youngest was a twinkle in her daddy’s eye, and she is 30 next month! We attended her wedding and childrens’ naming ceremony, we exchange presents for special birthdays, and during lockdown she and her family would cycle to ours and leave goodies on the doorstep. I’ve told her she isn’t allowed to retire!

Have a great day folks. 🙂

Last edited:
Morning

9.8 today

Had a nice 2 days with Bruce, we just chilled together as was too hot for the both us so didn't go for a walk, had my first bowl of ice cream yesterday in 6 years, Oreo ice cream and it was blooming lovely, BG's handled it well too, now have just ruined Bruce's day as when he checks his messages at 10 when he's on his break he'll find out unless someone at work can give him a lift home he won't be home until 7 as his bus is one to be cancelled today and with his mum and dad away in Cyprus he doesn't have them to fall back on xx

Managed Wordle today in 3. I got four letters right and in the correct place by 2! Thats very rare for me.

@Robin its the same with us, we’ve been going to the same hairdressers since before our youngest was a twinkle in her daddy’s eye, and she is 30 next month! We attended her wedding and childrens’ naming ceremony, we exchange presents for special birthdays, and during lockdown she and her family would cycle to ours and leave goodies on the doorstep. I’ve told her she isn’t allowed to retire!
Ha! Our hairdresser married a farmer and lived on a farm that ran an equestrian cross country course, the only interaction I have with her outside the salon is when she use to rope daughter and me in for stewarding at one of their events. Luckily they’ve retired now and live in one of the farm cottages, with a specially built on salon. (I say retired, I don’t think farmers ever retire, her husband now goes round the area building cross country courses for other people's events.)

You should try it, it’s strangely addictive.
nope nope nope I still do it and still blame you lot :rofl: (got in 4 today)

Was 14 this morning. Felt rubbish last night after yesterdays vaccine, kitchen sink (drain) is pouring water everywhere whenever I put the tap on so ended ordering in a small portion of sausage and chips from the chippy and struggled to get bg down. We don't have the best (or any) selection of non carby take away options here. I think all my bolus was used on limiting the rise vs reducing it. Still on fixed dose and minimal mealtime only corrections allowed 🙄.

Anyway plumber has arrived for bathroom work and he will sort the kitchen sink stuff. We think it was on the way out and he's knocked it as he has gone into the cupboard under the sink to access the water shut offs and its just been the final straw.

Another day of banging and having to leave the house every time you want to pee. Will be worth it when it is all done and kiddo can go for a shower without fear 🙂 Loving the wall boards that are going up. Wish I could remember what flooring I chose though. Was so long ago now.

Hope you all have a fab day.

5.7 for me 🙂

Dez

107/65 and 62bpm

Otherwise it’s all quiet on the western front.

Good morning - 5.6

I managed it in 3 this morning too. Got 2 letters with my first try, both of which were green and then figured out the last 4 letters in order with my second attempt and just got lucky with the first letter at my 3rd "guess" as there were several possible options left that would work.... so a mixture of skill 😎 and luck :Dtoday..... mostly the latter though! 🙄

Back