Group 7-day waking average?

5.8 for me this morning. 🙂

Dez

OH!!! And White Rabbits. This month silently snuck up us, didn't it?
1659342032742.png

@Docb @rebrascora yup I was thinking of your post Docb when I wrote that second test. I thought it was interesting. I presume the error comes from variability in the strips themselves.

Good morning - 5.8

@Gwynn.... re your two tests. If you search the forum you will find my report of testing all fingers and thumbs in one go. Got variation of +/- 1 or thereabouts about the mean. In technical terms, the number you get on your meter is best rounded to the nearest whole number so your 5.1 and 4.8 are not statistically significantly different. My preference when it comes to explaining the reproducibility is sample variability although others think more about instrument tolerances. In reality, its a bit of both.

Since those tests I vowed only to quote my blood glucose to the nearest whole number, which this morning was 7. Means i will never, ever, report a house special!

If you get a HS just say HS instead of an integer!

Good morning - 5.5. Lovely sunny morning which I plan to enjoy. Yesterday was gardening in the rain - all save the monster hedge behind the stables trimmed and tidy - need to get the scaffolding tower out for that one.

Wishing rain for those of you in need of it.

@Docb @rebrascora yup I was thinking of your post Docb when I wrote that second test. I thought it was interesting. I presume the error comes from variability in the strips themselves.

Puzzling as I have done two comparisonz this year. Once with a district nurse and another with a nurse in hospital. Both were within 0.2 (in fact 0.1 and 0.2 respectively). I suspect it is blood flow, burning in muses to give CO2, etc.

I’ve got a slightly upmarket version of the HS today… 6.2! lol

Blood pressure etc all as per normal.

Long day yesterday heading out to Ugley to spread ashes and drove around some beautiful villages and in to Saffron Walden. Walked around the castle, bumped in to mum and dad’s gardener and her dog - She didn’t recognise me at all despite having known me for 30 years but it was in her home town rather than anywhere near my folks - and we had a lovely chat.
Tea and cake in a lovely tea room by the green and then a bit later a pub dinner in another village where the pub opens out onto the green and there’s a little river flowing past… all very pretty but a long day.
Today I’m trying to source a recon’d Chromebook for as little as possible. Amongst other things of course.

Glad to hear your brother's ok @Elenka_HM - what a nasty surprise.
Thank you. Enjoy Asturias, I come from the south of Spain but the north is absolutely beautiful...and has better temperatures in the summer

Sorry, @Pattidevans I didn't see your question until today. We were just driving through France to get to Spain - we spent four nights at different locations, more or less in a straight line from Cherbourg to St Jean de Luz. The highlight was an absolutely stunning little town called Vitre (should be an accent on the e) near Rennes - eleventh century onwards architecture, really well preserved, inside a great big city wall with towers and turrets...wow! Then Cognac and Libourne (v nice) and St Jean de Luz (39 degrees! but v nice too). Now in Asturias, N Spain, at a much more agreeable temperature of 25 degrees. Where will you be going in France?
Hi @Bloden - Vitre looks lovely. I looked it up on google maps and Wikipedia. It looks amazingly photogenic. We might be able to do a slight detour to see it one way or the other when travelling down or back.

Our itinerary is Plymouth - Roscoff and 1 night there then:
Poitiers 1 night
Sarlat 7 nights
Cahors 4 nights
Bergerac 3
Stay with a friend east of Bordeaux 3
Cognac 3
Angers 3
Roscoff 1

We've not been to the Perigord area since our honeymoon 37 years ago.

Morning all - another grey one, though we are promised a little sun around midday and 5pm.

9.6 this morning. Not surprising after yesterday. Roast dinner + a very sweet and sticky dessert at the pub. Sat around doing very little except catching up with long overdue emails to old friends... then stuffed my face with toast slathered with exceedingly stinky Brie later on. Despite high BGs I really craved sweet things and ate a fairly sizeable chocolate covered nut brittle thingie. Insulin was involved, but carb counting was pure guesstimates.

@MeeTooTeeTwo Julian took one look at your pic of white rabbits and said "Oooh, dinner!"

CONGRATULATIONS @Lucyr on your HS (that's 2 quite close together - well done!)
@Elenka_HM hope your brother is recuperating well.

Late morning all.

No one mentioned the football !!! What a result. Being very sexist …..As they saying goes if you want something doing properly ask a “woman”

A 6.2 for me. Have a good day.

No one mentioned the football !!! What a result
I really don't like football but i did watch the match. What an inspirational team! The mens teams could learn so much from them, no spitting, swearing, arguing. Give me womens football any day. I felt really emotional at the end of the match, i surprised myself! What a win!!

I really don't like football but i did watch the match. What an inspirational team! The mens teams could learn so much from them, no spitting, swearing, arguing. Give me womens football any day. I felt really emotional at the end of the match, i surprised myself! What a win!!
I’m not a football fan either, men, woman or pink spotted aliens, so I didn’t watch it but I am very happy for them.

A bit late to report a 5.9 recorded at 08.05 this morning, had several jobs needing getting out of the way before getting the PC on.

Oh, and well done to the Lioness's for bringing the trophy home......🙂

Forgot to actually write anything with my post earlier… bgs been good lately but I’m still feeling rubbish. If this is still post viral fatigue (since a cold at Christmas) then it’s absolutely rubbish. I’ve sent a message to the GPs to see if we can review anything again.

Quick update, my HbA1c is now in the prediabetic range (down from 86 in December) and my feet are "very ticklish" :D The lady was also quite impressed with my BG logbook, not the numbers but the regular testing and recording of results.

Only slightly less positive, I've put on a few kilos in the past 7 months, but it's not that important compared to the good news.

Have a great day everyone! xx

Back