Group 7-day waking average?

Start today on a 5.5 which I’m happy with on this grey and cloudy morning.

I did go out for a walk in the end even though it threatened rain. A great walk 217 minutes. Phew. Tired now.

Afternoon folks

Was 10.something this morning but down to 7.2 come dinner time with no correction added to breakfast

Mum got a bus to work this week but had to walk home today, absolutely ridiculous that they can't do their service at the best of times but a driver has confirmed there are bus drivers from our depot that have been sent down to Birmingham for the Commonwealth games making the bad situation even worse, absolute joke xx

Good morning everyone! A nice 5.4.

Had a bad day on Saturday, I accepted some overtime even though I wasn't feeling so well and ended up exhausted and irritable. The same day my brother in Spain had an emergency surgery for apendicitis (he's okay now 🙂 ), my parents just arrived from their holiday and went to see him in the hospital. That brought back one of the thoughts I had when diagnosed with T1D: I don't have anyone here to come to the hospital with me. I think I'd miss my family a lot in a situation like this. Hope I don't have one anytime soon!

Today I have a diabetes review at my GP, curious about that because so far, I've been with the hospital clinic. At least I will get my feet checked and see the results from my blood test. Fingers crossed!

Good morning everyone.

Unfortunately the big tease pounced and my BG this morning is 5.1 missed a tripple HS by a whisker.

Interestingly out of curiosity I immediately did a second reading on the opposite side of the same finger (and wasted a strip, ahh, the search for scientific answers has no financial bounds!!! 🙂 anyway it was 4.8. Now that surprised me. I expected it to be the same 5.1. So my question is, is it the meter, strips or blood that changes so much. I suspect it is not the blood but the testing strips tolerance chipping in.

Today may be the day my blood test results are in. Slightly nervous. Hope I don't get egg on my face 🙂

Sun is shining and it is bright and dry out there. Out for a walk at 8am

Today will be most likely rather boring whilst I search for and fill in all the macro nutrient data for my food data base. I just hope I am not wasting my time, not that I have anything else to do right now...

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

@Gwynn.... re your two tests. If you search the forum you will find my report of testing all fingers and thumbs in one go. Got variation of +/- 1 or thereabouts about the mean. In technical terms, the number you get on your meter is best rounded to the nearest whole number so your 5.1 and 4.8 are not statistically significantly different. My preference when it comes to explaining the reproducibility is sample variability although others think more about instrument tolerances. In reality, its a bit of both.

Since those tests I vowed only to quote my blood glucose to the nearest whole number, which this morning was 7. Means i will never, ever, report a house special!

Morning all. A nice round 6, really it was, no rounding up! Also had a nice flatfish ( well,almost.)

Lovely morning so far, cool at 12 degrees though. Didn’t get my lounge on the lounger yesterday, had my pinny on all day. I baked, yet another, courgette cake, I made bread rolls for the homemade chilli burgers we were having for tea. A bit rustic looking but were delicious, my first time too. Maybe today I might get a chance to read my book.

Have a great day all. 🙂

Photos of aforementioned flatfish and the rustic rolls, just for laughs! 😉

Attachments

• AF42FA82-7A00-4029-A424-E8DDFD53DDB4.jpeg
    AF42FA82-7A00-4029-A424-E8DDFD53DDB4.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 2B48585F-2A7D-48E9-B78A-05EC879453BF.jpeg
    2B48585F-2A7D-48E9-B78A-05EC879453BF.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 10
Morning all, well it was 7 for me this morning, a nice whole number. Off to do the supermarket run, daughter reports that one whole wall of fridges in the shop has broken down, so limited stock of a lot of deli items. Then I need to tackle the holiday washing. I did some essentials yesterday but it was dull and kept threatening rain, so saved the bulk of it for today, when we’re promised sunshine.(the poor garden, we desperately need rain).

Morning all. Well..yesterday i was on my way to having the best day with my levels sincd breaking up. Then around 9pm i had the most stubborn hypo, nothing seemed to work. Eventually it went up and i had a small handful of nuts and went to bed. I was woken overnight by the alarm but checked and was 10.5, dropped back off to sleep. I woke this morning to 11.9 and the graph showing i'd been up to 17 again. Some hypo rebound that was!!! Oh well, try again today.

8.9 took a couple of correlations last night though.

A14777BB-6E54-4576-922C-314D695BF7F3.png

Morning

Yesterday I switched my alarm off at 5 and drifted off again for 25 minutes with Bruce, this morning I switched my alarm off at 5 and drifted off until mum came through to ask if I was getting up at 6:05 😳

Anyway 7.5 for me

The place we ordered e-liquid from emailed on Saturday to say the order left them missing 2 bottles and they would refund Bruce £8 for them (2p profit for him lol) but he went to mix them last night to discover there are also 7 nicotine shots not there so I've emailed them and will wait to hear from them, they better send them out as it's not like there's a vape shop here that we could use xx

Good morning again! I dropped back off to sleep after posting earlier. Don't know whats wrong atm but i can sleep at the drop of a hat. Anyway, level on waking again is 9.6, coming down but still a bit high for breakfast. It looks sunny outside so off to put a wash on.

Hola amigos. A 5.3 for me.

Sorry, @Pattidevans I didn't see your question until today. We were just driving through France to get to Spain - we spent four nights at different locations, more or less in a straight line from Cherbourg to St Jean de Luz. The highlight was an absolutely stunning little town called Vitre (should be an accent on the e) near Rennes - eleventh century onwards architecture, really well preserved, inside a great big city wall with towers and turrets...wow! Then Cognac and Libourne (v nice) and St Jean de Luz (39 degrees! but v nice too). Now in Asturias, N Spain, at a much more agreeable temperature of 25 degrees. Where will you be going in France?

Is it midday yet? I'm doing a basal test - I want my morning coffee!

Glad to hear your brother's ok @Elenka_HM - what a nasty surprise.

6.8 for me this morning which i am happy enough with as I was battling with levels after indulging in another club drive buffet yesterday afternoon with sandwiches, sausage rolls, scones, roast tatties and then I went really off piste and had a frosted carrot cake bun! I gave up carb counting and just sugar surfed. The highest my BG peak got to was 10.4 so think I managed it pretty well and I am at least getting more confident and chilled about handling these situations. After all thoase carbs I crave a nice refreshing salad afterwards though. Took a couple of corrections towards bedtime and a midnight walk up the village to see the horses to gain control before bed.

@Lucyr Many congratulations on your House Special this morning.

@Gwynn Commiserations on not achieving the triple.... maybe next time.... Oh and there is quite a significant accepted error margin on BG meters but also blood is not homogenous, so could be a combination of factors but 4.8 and 5.1 .... and indeed 5.2 are all essentially the same reading...... Not that we are now going to let you claim the triple anyway! 😉 Part of the difficulty and randomness with getting HSs is the meter/test strip variation anyway. Can't believe that you haven't noticed other threads on this subject before. I hope it doesn't boggle your nice tidy analytical brain too much. 🙄 :D

Back