Group 7-day waking average?

7.5 (4 digestives & 2 Border biscuits at bedtime ). Think I accidentally double dosed on my evening Metformin last night and felt a bit weird. Wilbur had me up at 6.15am again and is now having a lovely sleep in “his” chair! Have a good day everyone D9DCA649-272D-44C8-8C96-4D5D3D804AD3.jpeg

7.5 (4 digestives & 2 Border biscuits at bedtime ). Think I accidentally double dosed on my evening Metformin last night and felt a bit weird. Wilbur had me up at 6.15am again and is now having a lovely sleep in “his” chair! Have a good day everyone View attachment 21601
Ooh which Border Biscuits did you have? My favourites are dark chocolate and stem ginger. I daren’t buy them anymore.

Ooh which Border Biscuits did you have? My favourites are dark chocolate and stem ginger. I daren’t buy them anymore.
Yes those My brain is definitely in holiday mode!

Good morning. 6.1 for me, rapidly dropping to 4.9. New sensor seems to be fairly accurate atm, 0.8 higher than finger prick. Plans for today are washing, cleaning and tidying.

@Grannylorraine have a lovely holiday.

@Lily123 congrats on your exam results and have a great holiday. We love Looe and have been there often. If you like a bit of adventure and thrills, there is a park just outside Looe where you can do a zip wire over a quarry, axe throwing, wild swimming, loads of other things. You can book for one thing or lots. We did the zip wire, it was great. On the other hand, maybe you want a peaceful break. Either way, have a good one.

@zippyjojo Wilbur looks very comfy and cute. What an amazing view from those windows.

Have a good day everyone.

5.5 for me earlier. 🙂

Dez

morning everyone 10.9 on waking scan
So smooth and danced at that target line all night and even may have dipped my toe into the green in once or twice since I am 17% in target vs the usual 0% 😎. Small victories here (and hurrah for basal increase) 😉

294768227_563241245480557_8270658318316523611_n.png

No idea what's in store today, the whole house is still asleep so I will wait until everyone's up and see what needs done and what everyone has planned 🙂

Have a great day x

Good morning - happy day - a little rain has fallen, it is much cooler, the Ukrainians have gone to London for the weekend, my handyman and the farrier are coming and best of all an FBG of 5.2!!!

Have a good day everyone.

9.8 here, was a better bg all night but it rises as the basal wears off and dp kicks in. So going to do no basal this morning and just correct all day so I can move lantus back to evening

Surprisingly, I haven’t woken up ravenous, after sticking to the diet all day yesterday.

Good morning all, 5.1 here!

One of my colleagues had a few moments recently where she would suddenly get dizzy and sweaty and had to sit down. She's had blood tests done and she told me she has low blood sugar. She was saying she doesn't think she's diabetic and I said, I don't think you would have low blood sugars being diabetic unless you are taking meds for it. Of course that something to check with her doctors, not me. Maybe other medications can affect her?

Morning all on this grey day where rain is lurking.

5.6 first thing. I am quite pleased as BG rose to the dizzy height of 10.7 last night as a result of overcorrection of a persistent hypo after dinner. I didn't think I was hypo - I thought it was low BP initially with heart beat 113 bpm and BP 97/57 it was most unpleasant! I was surpised when I did a scan to see 3.3. BTW Aldi green JBs are even worse tasting than Maynards!

So fingers crossed for the rain to hold off as we are going into town late afternoon for an early meal before attending the open air theatre in the park to see "Allo Allo - a murder mystery" with some friends. Will take a blanket and our rain capes.

@TinaD CONGRATS on the HS.

@Grannylorraine have a fab holiday

@Lily123 enjoy your holiday in Looe - hopefully the weather is better at that end of Cornwall. Also congrats on your results - I can't say I understand them as way back in the mists of time when I took my GCEs (the forerunners of GCSEs) the results came in percentages.

Good morning a lazy lay in today
8.0 on testing just now (after shower & before breakfast)

Yesterday had a letter from DVLA proving they are in a TOTAL MESS down in Swansea,
I applied to renew my 3 yr medicaly restricted licence (a few months ago)
following my application and filling in their medical report, I was most surprised recently when a letter came, telling me their doctor having reviewed my case, the letter stated my 3yr restriction could be removed.
I was most surprised at that decision as I had declared I am on insulin, plus I also still receiving treatment to my eyes.
so didn’t really think they would issue a normal licence, that’s valid until I’m 70 (12 yrs away)
Still they are the experts, so I duly paid the requested £17 fee and sent photo
a few days later a licence arrived
on Wednesday this week mysteriously I received a refund of £17 from DVLA
then yesterday letter, telling me in a few days time I should receive my 3 yr medical restricted licence …:rofl:

hope everybody’s having a great weekend 😎

Good morning all, 5.1 here!

One of my colleagues had a few moments recently where she would suddenly get dizzy and sweaty and had to sit down. She's had blood tests done and she told me she has low blood sugar. She was saying she doesn't think she's diabetic and I said, I don't think you would have low blood sugars being diabetic unless you are taking meds for it. Of course that something to check with her doctors, not me. Maybe other medications can affect her?
You can have low blood sugars without having diabetes. Or you can have reactive hypoglycaemia where your bg spikes then drops too low.

@freesia thanks for the suggestion that sounds really fun idea of the zip wire. @Pattidevans it keeps raining but hopefully will brighten up

You can have low blood sugars without having diabetes. Or you can have reactive hypoglycaemia where your bg spikes then drops too low.
I am type 2 diagnosed very recently. i have what thought was very low blood sugar "attacks" intense hunger weakness especially in my legs shaking dizzy blurred vision brain fog etc. Just terrible feelings. I`m told it`s reactive hypoglycemia but have not been offered any treatment. I`m testing before and after every meal and taking metformin. The lowest reading so far has been 4.1. but not necessarily when feeling hypo. so I now can accept it isn`t LBS connected to diabetes but still no explanation. Anyone else have this?

4.4 for me this morning with a gentle descent so quite happy with that as things have been a bit erratic lately. No DP and only very minimal FOTF has taken some getting my head around and no doubt, just as I do, it will be back. The last 2 days my daytime levels have been dropping despite a reduction in morning basal. Nothing desperate but just dipping slightly into the red the minute I take my eye off the ball! Especially when making car journeys. Leave home on a decent number and then 15 mins later when I am in the town centre to do some errands, I feel it dropping. Gone through a load of test strips where Libre has said I have dropped below 4 only to immediately do a finger prick to catch it in the low 4s and quickly eat a JB or two so that I don't get stranded.
Today is a very momentous day. My Uncle Bob hit a century of years on this planet and got his card from the queen which has pride of place on his mantelpiece next to a photo of his late wife (my Dad's sister). He still lives independently in his own house and does his own cooking and cleaning. Deaf as a post 🙄 but his mind is far sharper than mine. He knows exactly what is what and knows exactly how to deal with these telephone scammers. Considering that he lived through service in the RAF during the war and has suffered several major injuries in his life (2 falling from ladders when he worked for the electricity board) and then most recent breaking his hip about 7 years ago involving a complete pelvic reconstruction and hip ball replacement) he is absolutely amazing and a total inspiration! He has been so looking forward to achieving this goal today and getting his card from the queen which was hand delivered by the postie today and had to be signed for in person and when I was visiting him this morning he said that he really doesn't feel like dying anytime soon! Next goal will perhaps be the oldest person in the UK. What a really amazing guy. Just a shame my Auntie didn't live to celebrate it with him. We shared a few tears as well lots of positive memories. Very emotional day!

Anyway, congrats to @TinaD for today's HS and @MikeyBikey and @MeeTooTeeTwo (again... yawn) for yesterday's achievements.

4.4 for me this morning with a gentle descent so quite happy with that as things have been a bit erratic lately. No DP and only very minimal FOTF has taken some getting my head around and no doubt, just as I do, it will be back. The last 2 days my daytime levels have been dropping despite a reduction in morning basal. Nothing desperate but just dipping slightly into the red the minute I take my eye off the ball! Especially when making car journeys. Leave home on a decent number and then 15 mins later when I am in the town centre to do some errands, I feel it dropping. Gone through a load of test strips where Libre has said I have dropped below 4 only to immediately do a finger prick to catch it in the low 4s and quickly eat a JB or two so that I don't get stranded.
Today is a very momentous day. My Uncle Bob hit a century of years on this planet and got his card from the queen which has pride of place on his mantelpiece next to a photo of his late wife (my Dad's sister). He still lives independently in his own house and does his own cooking and cleaning. Deaf as a post 🙄 but his mind is far sharper than mine. He knows exactly what is what and knows exactly how to deal with these telephone scammers. Considering that he lived through service in the RAF during the war and has suffered several major injuries in his life (2 falling from ladders when he worked for the electricity board) and then most recent breaking his hip about 7 years ago involving a complete pelvic reconstruction and hip ball replacement) he is absolutely amazing and a total inspiration! He has been so looking forward to achieving this goal today and getting his card from the queen which was hand delivered by the postie today and had to be signed for in person and when I was visiting him this morning he said that he really doesn't feel like dying anytime soon! Next goal will perhaps be the oldest person in the UK. What a really amazing guy. Just a shame my Auntie didn't live to celebrate it with him. We shared a few tears as well lots of positive memories. Very emotional day!

Anyway, congrats to @TinaD for today's HS and @MikeyBikey and @MeeTooTeeTwo (again... yawn) for yesterday's achievements.
Wow! 100 and still independent with all his faculties. It’s what we all hope for. Good on him.
We had a neighbour lived on her own, still did her own garden and washed her clothes on a Monday, by hand, put it through the wringer and threw the water on the yard and swept it. She died on her 101st birthday. Inspirational. My ma-in-law is 85, gets carers three times a day, has a cleaner who also does her laundry, three sons who run after her doing her shopping, deals with all her finances etc etc.sits in her chair all day wallowing, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with her except laziness. She’s been the same since she was a child according to her sister and her hubby ran after her too. She “retired” at 46 with tennis elbow! I think a positive can do attitude goes a very long way.

Wow! 100 and still independent with all his faculties. It’s what we all hope for. Good on him.
We had a neighbour lived on her own, still did her own garden and washed her clothes on a Monday, by hand, put it through the wringer and threw the water on the yard and swept it. She died on her 101st birthday. Inspirational. My ma-in-law is 85, gets carers three times a day, has a cleaner who also does her laundry, three sons who run after her doing her shopping, deals with all her finances etc etc.sits in her chair all day wallowing, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with her except laziness. She’s been the same since she was a child according to her sister and her hubby ran after her too. She “retired” at 46 with tennis elbow! I think a positive can do attitude goes a very long way.
Whenever I read these stories, I get one of those funny moment thoughts as to what it must be like as an adult to have parents as both mine passed away when I was a teenager.

Back