Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all - yet another scorcher!

Was 6.8 on waking at 8 am... just slow posting. Quite surprised after yesterday as it was 15.5 at bedtime after eating a baguette stuffed with leftover steak.

Had a lovely day in the garden with our guests. Long leisurely lunch followed by Croquet again. I did a Thai style prawn and noodle salad with cucumber, avocado, mint and watermelon. Followed by steak and salad with minted/buttered new potatoes. Dessert was Portokalopita (Greek Orange cake) served with home made Bergamot orange ice cream. Then a cheeseboard with bread. Did all the prep on Sat thank goodness! Exhausting in this heat.
View attachment 21532View attachment 21533
@eggyg, @freesia and @Lanny I know just what you mean about balance! I'm very unsteady these days and terrified of heights. When we went to the undulating roof of that Gaudi building I was terrified I was going to throw myself off it. Had to crawl on all fours to the exit. How come I was so fearless when young?

@Gwynn and @khskel CONGRATULATIONS on the HSs.

@ColinUK best of luck in your ISVA meeting, let us know how it goes.
I CAN ride a bicycle albeit it took me AGES to learn as a child taking twice as long as my other sibling’s & nephews who were all learning to at the time! I don’t normally have any issues with heights or other noticeable balance issues except after long haul flights to HK & back when my balance would be off for a week or two.

It’s just when I’m sleeping that I lose my spatial awareness & used to roll off the bed as a child even though my bed has always been pushed up against a wall! I’ve grown used to sleeping on my side facing the wall & I’m always aware of where the wall is!

It wasn’t until recently that I discovered I’ve had a rare congenital neck defect since birth in the C1 bone of the Spine, the first spinal bone at the nape of the neck, & people who have it have balance issues specifically when turning around too fast! A lot of things made sense when I found that out! It’s how I injured both of my shoulders when I turned around too fast & the opposite shoulder on the side I was turning towards compensated for my neck in taking the strain: remembered the 2nd time it happened but, didn’t remember or notice the first time it happened when it just started hurting putting my arm back & escalated from there!

Not so good for me this morning, got a 13.3 much to my amazement.

Must have been those two squares of Diabetic chocolate I had last night.

Afternoon folks

7.5 for me many hours ago xx

Not so good for me this morning, got a 13.3 much to my amazement.

Must have been those two squares of Diabetic chocolate I had last night.
Avoid anything labelled "diabetic", it's often sweetened with suspect sweetners which act as a laxative. Just enjoy a square or two of high cocoa content dark chocolate. Aldi do some amazing choccie at 85%. Lidl also do some "way to go" dark chocolate which is pretty amazing 😉

35.3 here and feels hotter. Can't keep up with the fluids as on diuretics. Decided heat more likely to prove lethal than a temporary high BG so have just driven to shop and bought vast amounts of ice-cream. 2 cones down and a faint prickle of sweat returning. Now time for another iced drink. Net zero by 2050? Blow that, what about a nice minus number by next year?

35.3 here and feels hotter. Can't keep up with the fluids as on diuretics. Decided heat more likely to prove lethal than a temporary high BG so have just driven to shop and bought vast amounts of ice-cream. 2 cones down and a faint prickle of sweat returning. Now time for another iced drink. Net zero by 2050? Blow that, what about a nice minus number by next year?
Jelous of the ice-cream right now just starting starting doing the low fodmap diet to see if it helps my issues and ice cream isn't really on the cards

Well, after a day at work in this heat, my levels just got higher and higher despite corrections. They hit 16 mid afternoon so yet another correction was needed. When i got home, i sat for 30 mins on the kitchen floor as its the coolest place in the house atm. Suddenly levels dropped to hypo, then i got brain freeze from juice in the fridge. Now i just feel sleepy....oh so sleepy. A little snooze before tea is needed i think.

When I first read your post I thought the 35.3 was a BG reading considering the thread title. Agggghh. But quickly realised it was the temperature outside reading further on.

Phew, thank goodness for that.

@rayray119 I’ve had a hankering for ice team too. Sent Mr Eggy to Aldi for Greek yoghurt and frozen raspberries. Apparently so I’ve read today. Whazz them together in a food processor with a bit of honey and lemon juice and voila frozen yoghurt. I’m going to try it after my tea tonight. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

@rayray119 I’ve had a hankering for ice team too. Sent Mr Eggy to Aldi for Greek yoghurt and frozen raspberries. Apparently so I’ve read today. Whazz them together in a food processor with a bit of honey and lemon juice and voila frozen yoghurt. I’m going to try it after my tea tonight. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
Honey and yorget(unless lactose free) are out on the low fodmap diet unfortunately. There's a lot stuff you can't have on the low fodmap diet in the elimatuon pharae So currently having read the ingredients carefully on everything

Frozen fruit with a dash of yoghurt and double cream whizzed up in the blender is instant bliss!

Frozen fruit with a dash of yoghurt and double cream whizzed up in the blender is instant bliss!
It was bliss indeed. I was surprised how little yoghurt to fruit was needed. I put in a teaspoon of honey and some vanilla extract but I think next time I’ll try the double cream idea.

I see I’m first up. 7.3 at 3.25. Have tried to get back to a sleep but to no avail. Even tried the hugging the porcelain basin and laying my forearms on the cold tiles surrounding the basin trick. But the cold tiles weren’t cold! :( It’s a lot cooler downstairs, so I’ll read my book and see if I can drop off.

More of the same today. Light chores, lounge in the garden, eat and repeat! Thank goodness today’s the last day. I don’t know what to eat, can’t go for a walk, can’t Hoover or iron ( oh dear 😉), and we “ only” got to 31 yesterday.

I hope your roads don’t melt or your railway tracks buckle. We’re quite safe up here, we’re not getting the near 40 temps, but my grandson has had special dispensation to remove his tie in school! :rofl:

I thought I might be first up this morning. Wrong!

Good morning this rather stifflingly hot morning. Surprisingly I slept really well last night even though it was much warmer in the bedroom upstairs.

Yesterday morning I got an HS yessss!!!!. Yesterday evening I got an HS yessss!!! This morning BG 5.3 ohhhhhh boooo. Still, very acceptable 🙂

I went out for two walks yesterday one at 7am for an hour and a bit and one at 3pm for an hour. The 7am was good and reasonably cool beating the sun waking up. The 3pm was tougher as it was pretty warm, naaaa, hot.

This morning I intend to start at 6am and walk for 2 hours and maybe leave this afternoons walk as it may be dangerously hot. But I won't walk on the beach in the dark as it is too scary

BG 5.3 good
Temp 36.4 (it seems that is my bodys normal temperature)
Pulse 65 good
BP 118/74 good

Potassium from diet 3622mg
Cholesterol from diet 80.6mg
Protein from diet 46.6g
Fibre from diet 41.3g
All fats from diet 38g
Saturated fats from diet 7.6g
Salt from diet 2.64g
Carbohydrates from diet 132.9g (very high for me but it will be ok and allows me to have a good set of meals)

Hmmm it is already very claggy here and the sun is still fast asleep.

Today, rest, eat, rest, oh and walk walk walk (early on only). Nothing else planned yet.

Have a great, safe day today whatever you are doing 🙂

04:35 BS 8.1 A bit high because drank about half a can of coke just before bed around 21:30 ish as my BS was a bit low at 4.6 & had half an oatcake too! 🙄

Oh my! It was SO hot trying to sleep last night & had the heater on in fan mode on timer for 4 hours, felt the difference when it switched off as I felt the heat on my back & neck lying on my memory foam mattress: has always been the ONE drawback of memory foam; it can get awfully hot to sleep on in hot weather! 😱

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

FINALLY, if it’s not too soon to say & jinx it, my body clock is starting to move, a bit, as I stayed up until about 21:30 & up just after 04:00, had a loo break & now posting before breakfast afterwards! :confused:🙂

Morning all. After the last few days trying to get levels down, overnight i've been woken by low alarms 3 times. JBs needed and have now woken to a 7.1. Off to shower and find something cool to wear thats suitable for work.

Congrats on the HS @TinaD.

Have a good day everyone. Stay cool and safe in the heat wherever you are.

Back