Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. It’s looking glorious. 6.7.

Forecast 28 degrees today, it was forecast 25 yesterday and our weather thingmajig showed 28.5 at its highest, and our sensor is definitely in the shade. Let’s see what today brings. We coped fine, jobs in the morning ( as an aside, that came up as, I’m the Mormon!) whilst it was cooler. Got sat out on the zero gravity loungers about 2ish, under the sail. Lots of water and suncream. I didn’t go hypo or hyper, didn’t get burnt and my hip was definitely more comfy than it was on our previous loungers, but I have been bitten behind my left knee! Little blighters. 😡 More of the same today but with added Deet!😉

@TinaD I used three courgettes yesterday. I made courgette, ginger and lemon cake with two. It’s delicious but only to be eaten with a full pen of insulin. Sorry! I also roasted one along with some other veg and added it to some couscous to go with the frittata I made for tea. No doubt there’ll be another one or two awaiting me when I have a walk up the garden later.

Congratulations @Gwynn on your HS.

Be careful everyone today. 🙂😎

Bonjour mes amis!
6.2 this morning and 111/71 with 64rhr

Was awake at 4am (of course) and opened all the windows to get some air through. All closed and shuttered now in defence against the heat.

Choir audition went well I think so now I’ll have to just wait to be told if I’m in or not. Maybe hear this week but more likely next.

First ISVA meeting later today which I’m no doubt going to get emotional during but it’s such a huge relief to know I’ve got one so let’s now see what they can do.

All the talking of space etc, is anyone else watching For All Mankind?

8.6 I had eaten at half minnight. Decided with the berry extreme heat today and tomorrow are going to bring it might be worth a trying anotjer half unit reduction of my morning livemier(crazy to think there's a red warning of extreme heat in the UK) although not sure I'm going to do much so we'll see how it goes trial and error.

5.8 for me today. 🙂

Dez

I think I made it into space...well I can dream.... (yup that's me, but...)

Gwynn_85.jpg

My whole family in space!

365C995A-C6EE-4144-83D7-891FB80F0AFB.jpeg

Just called the GP to book an appointment (in person, with the actual GP!) and got through immediately. Appointment is booked for 3:30pm this Wednesday afternoon and the receptionist said “I’ve booked you in for 30 minutes just in case there’s anything else you want to talk about. Is that okay?”

My gast is truly flabbered!

8.8 today, but realised I forgot to take meds yesterday and had my grandson's 7th birthday party o Saturday and mum's summer party at the retirement apartment block where she lives yesterday, they had to do it inside as it was too hot for the residents outside. Just been out to look at the thermometer in the garden and it was 31 in the shade, brought it into the living room and it as a much more respectable 25 showing, keeping the curtains/blinds closed at the back of the house.

@Gwynn - congratulations on your HS.

A weekend away meeting up with a group of bellringing friends after 2 years. But I am a bit concerned about a friend who was diagnosed type 2, put on metformin and told to cut out all carbohydrates so lost lots of weight, she was slim to start with and is trying to put weight back on, she has lost muscle strength as well. She has been told to eat 8 portions of carbs per day which is unlikely to help much with blood glucose. I noticed she had a J2O and chips at lunch and lots of cake for tea. She said she had not lost more weight but I still wonder if she is not actually Type 1 or LADA, even though she is in her mid seventies.
I tried to make good choices, lovely steak and stilton salad, and pulled ham hock salad but half a breakfast wrap and half a Danish, some cake, a sharing platter of breaded deep fried stuff and garlic bread and rather too much red wine - not so good

Ey up mi owd muckers. We'll have none of that foreign talk @ColinUK. Tha mun learn thissen to talk reyt.

Anyway a perfectly spiffing 5.2 for me.

Been outside to clean some garden furniture that I extricated from the shed yesterday. The mercury is climbing so it's tea in the shade.

Have a good day everyone and don't let that insulin overheat my fellow junkies.

Whilst yesterday I was happy to embrace the fact that my sensor is reading 2 mmols below my actual BG and claim an HS, I am trying to ignore that issue this morning when I woke up on 9.0 as it puts me into double figures despite a 1.5 unit correction at bedtime (1.30am) for an 8.4. A wonderful roast lamb dinner cooked by my lovely brother in law, was responsible even if I didn't have any Yorkshire pudding and only 3 small-med boiled new potatoes followed by copious amounts of cheese and 4 slices of apple but I refused the offer of ice cream, even though there was the option of rum and raisin (my favourite). Boy, was I stuffed when we left the table!
Many congratulations to @Gwyn and @khskel on your House Specials this morning. Good work guys!

@ColinUK Hope the ISVA meeting goes well today and you find them supportive and empathetic as well as practically capable. Fingers crossed you make the cut for the choir.

Just called the GP to book an appointment (in person, with the actual GP!) and got through immediately. Appointment is booked for 3:30pm this Wednesday afternoon and the receptionist said “I’ve booked you in for 30 minutes just in case there’s anything else you want to talk about. Is that okay?”

My gast is truly flabbered!
What did you bribe them with? That’s truly amazing.

Morning all - yet another scorcher!

Was 6.8 on waking at 8 am... just slow posting. Quite surprised after yesterday as it was 15.5 at bedtime after eating a baguette stuffed with leftover steak.

Had a lovely day in the garden with our guests. Long leisurely lunch followed by Croquet again. I did a Thai style prawn and noodle salad with cucumber, avocado, mint and watermelon. Followed by steak and salad with minted/buttered new potatoes. Dessert was Portokalopita (Greek Orange cake) served with home made Bergamot orange ice cream. Then a cheeseboard with bread. Did all the prep on Sat thank goodness! Exhausting in this heat.
Portokalopita.jpgIMG_20220717_144126136.jpg
@eggyg, @freesia and @Lanny I know just what you mean about balance! I'm very unsteady these days and terrified of heights. When we went to the undulating roof of that Gaudi building I was terrified I was going to throw myself off it. Had to crawl on all fours to the exit. How come I was so fearless when young?

@Gwynn and @khskel CONGRATULATIONS on the HSs.

@ColinUK best of luck in your ISVA meeting, let us know how it goes.

What did you bribe them with? That’s truly amazing.
I had to hold myself back from double checking that it was actually the right number I’d dialled!

5.7 this morning…that’s better!

Back