Group 7-day waking average?

Morning folks. 5.9, two ventures into Fiveland this week.

Up at 5 for the loo, woken by the jackdaws jacking away. Noisy things they are. Weather fine. Woke up properly at 7.30 and it’s been raining! The storm before the calm methinks. Forecast 25 by mid afternoon. Will try and get bits and bobs done this morning and lounge on my brand new zero gravity chair. Hope it’s kinder to my hip than our last loungers.

Have a great day. Be careful out there now, the government thinks having a COBRA meeting will save us from ourselves, but there’ll always be the one numpty who thinks the British sun isn’t as hot as the Spanish /Greek/Turkish sun and forget to reapply the sunscreen. ( I’m talking about me!) 😱

Congrats @MeeTooTeeTwo on yet another HS. Stop hogging them, were you never taught to share? 😉

Thought this would make you laugh. Mr Eggy trying out the zero gravity chair outside a very busy Dunelm! I thought he was going to fall asleep! I couldn’t resist getting my phone out! :rofl:

Attachments

• 827412DF-052B-4933-B354-5F37C3562E91.jpeg
    827412DF-052B-4933-B354-5F37C3562E91.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 17
10.4 :(
Back to normal (too many around 10-12) after a really good three days, (mostly 6-8) but need more good days.
May console myself by trying to get a coffee-on-the-beach. Much too busy Sat (queue of over 10) but as it's currently raining and cool may have a better chance.

11.0 this morning. But worried about the heatwave after the shenanigans easier this week.

Just a reminder if you are going out in the heat of the day wear something white or light. On Monday I saw woman of 60+ with a BMI more tban half her age out walking. She was obviously trying toook sporty in an elbow length T-shirt and knee length shorts but they were jet black and her face lookedike a beetroot.

And don't walk your dog in the heat of the day. They could burn their paws as pavements could hit 70 degrees or more! And they come with a fur coat.

Good morning - 5.7

My school have said Monday and Tuesday are going to be half days finishing at 12:30 because of the heat. 🙂

Morning all. Lots of peculiar little clouds today, but ho hum the sun it shineth.

5.8 this morning. Did have to have 2 x 2 JBs in the night, but must have eaten the 2nd two in my sleep! Am saving all the green ones for @eggyg , but note... I'd like a few black ones back!

Hey ho.... 6 for lunch in the garden today...the seventh has Covid, as do our friends who are supposed to be arriving Thurs for a few days. Fingers crossed they are testing negative by then.

Once again @MeeTooTeeTwo congrats on the HS (becoming tedious now...you deffo need to share!)

Have a good day all and stay cool.

Morning all. Lots of peculiar little clouds today, but ho hum the sun it shineth.

5.8 this morning. Did have to have 2 x 2 JBs in the night, but must have eaten the 2nd two in my sleep! Am saving all the green ones for @eggyg , but note... I'd like a few black ones back!

Hey ho.... 6 for lunch in the garden today...the seventh has Covid, as do our friends who are supposed to be arriving Thurs for a few days. Fingers crossed they are testing negative by then.

Once again @MeeTooTeeTwo congrats on the HS (becoming tedious now...you deffo need to share!)

Have a good day all and stay cool.
I can’t guarantee the black ones’ condition! Fluffy, rock hard and pale, or in fact in Mr Eggy’s tummy! :rofl:

3.2 for me on this Libre senor which I am persevering with, as after about 10 finger pricks yesterday I came to the conclusion that it is a steady 2mmmols lower that a finger prick and I can work with that.... and "stuff my TIR" :( ..... SO.... that makes it a House Special for me this morning too 😉 :D 😎 "Shy bairns get nowt", so I am claiming it! 🙄
Congrats to my fellow achiever this morning @MeeTooTeeTwo

Very surprised to see we have had a drop of rain overnight but seems like it has been the same for others across the country. Garden needs it so not complaining and it has cooled things a little. Doubt it went much beyond the surface though.
Keeping the curtains drawn on the south facing windows is key to keeping my house cool and comfortable but having 2 ft stone walls helps as well. Yes that means it is dark indoors but I can go outside if I want light. The coolness is precious!

@goodybags can you not find them with Find My…. or have you got the case and lost the AirPods themselves?
thanks for the tip, @ColinUK
I’ve put the AirPods back in the case,
but don’t know where I’ve then put the case down, will Google and see if I can locate them somehow (using one of the iPads they are paired to) as far as technology goes sometimes I’m Techno-Dumb ..lol

Congrats on the HS @rebrascora. I'm very jealous of your 2ft stone walls. I think we'll all be decamping to your house for the beginning of next week 😉

Congrats on the HS @rebrascora. I'm very jealous of your 2ft stone walls. I think we'll all be decamping to your house for the beginning of next week 😉
Eek! Better get the hoover out then.... and then dust it off before I make a start!

Insulatard didn’t do so well last night. Woke to a 7.1. We had a naughty chippy tea last night and I overestimated the novorapid needed. I headed off an almost hypo but think it overcompensated. It took a while to come back up then went into the 9s overnight. Better day today I hope.

Newbie joining in
My morning one was 6.2 as opposed to a 5.8 yesterday.

Late on parade. 9.5 this morning. I blame FOTF. Yesterday’s basal testing and subsequent tweaks were a success. 🙂

Bloden has decided she doesn’t do walkies atm - don’t blame her, it was already heating up at 8am down the beach today. I was tempted to fling myself into the sea...steady on!

Err afternoon everyone. 12.3. I sorta abandoned my previously half written post and got distracted 🙄

Thanks for all the FOTF advice yesterday. Did a lower carb brekkie and managed to contain it today. So when I can adjust and count myself, will revisit this. (I did do this with libre, much scanning and caution with snacks on hand if I needed it).

Hope you all manage to stay cool today. Got the fan on and chilling like a popsicle here :D

welcome to the thread barrowman :D

Hello Sunday - 6.8 this morning

have spent a few hrs this weekend looking for the missing AirPods
I’ve tried following the advice of @ColinUK
by using FindMy” (something I didn’t know even existed before)
but as they are offline, it seems the Ipad can’t see them.

Good news is.. Ive found a cheap set of Bluetooth headphones in Lidl
think im less lightly to loose them than something as compact as AirPods :rofl:

they will probably turn up sometime in the future (most likely when of shortly after we eventually move)
the last update I had was solicitors are still waiting on probate,
although slightly worryingly nearly a fortnight ago the estate agent who’s selling this property
himself suggested we might be better looking at buying something different 🙄

hope everybody’s relaxing in the shade (unless working)
Have a great day 😎

Hello Sunday - 6.8 this morning

have spent a few hrs this weekend looking for the missing AirPods
I’ve tried following the advice of @ColinUK
by using FindMy” (something I didn’t know even existed before)
but as they are offline, it seems the Ipad can’t see them.

Good news is.. Ive found a cheap set of Bluetooth headphones in Lidl
think im less lightly to loose them than something as compact as AirPods :rofl:

they will probably turn up sometime in the future (most likely when of shortly after we eventually move)
the last update I had was solicitors are still waiting on probate,
although slightly worryingly nearly a fortnight ago the estate agent who’s selling this property
himself suggested we might be better looking at buying something different 🙄

hope everybody’s relaxing in the shade (unless working)
Have a great day 😎
Does it not show location they were last online?

We’ve got two foot sand stone walls too. A week at Barbara’s then just pop west 50 miles and stay a week at ours! Only got bunk beds though! 😛

Back