Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all, 3.9

Thanks @rebrascora, Is it lancet change day already?
Happy St Swithen's day
Actually, the whole process feels so entirely alien to me that I am guessing I missed it last year and possibly even the year before. 😱 I'm never going to put a dent in this box of 200 at this rate!

Fascinating. You are perhaps joking. I change my lancet every single time I do a blood test. Perhaps a bit extreme but I would hate to get some blood disordef from a dirty lancet.

Fascinating. You are perhaps joking. I change my lancet every single time I do a blood test. Perhaps a bit extreme but I would hate to get some blood disordef from a dirty lancet.
To be fair that's what the nurse told me to do, well, I think she said one lancet per day was alright. I use the Fastclix device with the drums of lancets and seems protected enough, plus I am the only person using the machine. I don't wait a year but change lancets when I remember, probably once or twice per month. I've never reused a needle, though, and I heard some people do.

No, actually not joking at all and there are times when I am up at the stables and I have to choose the least dirty finger to prick and that certainly doesn't mean it is close to being clean. o_O
The way I see it, I puncture my skin frequently with far worse things than a lancing device on a fairly regular basis and I have made it to nearly 60yrs old with no problem, so I really don't have any concerns about a tiny pin prick with a needle that has only punctured my own (admittedly dirty sometimes) skin.
As an example I had an accident with the hoof knife the other day when I was trimming my horse's feet and cut into my inner forearm. Horses hooves are always full of smelly filth so that is probably about the worst scenario for risk of infection. Admittedly I did break open the horses first aid kit and clean it up (Hibiscrub) and applied a makeshift dressing (cotton wool pad and Duck Tape). Sticking plasters don't work on horses, so none in the first aid box 🙄 !
I work on the principle that a bit of exposure to dirt is good for the immune system.... Mind you I obviously don't keep it busy enough to prevent it from attacking my beta cells and causing me to become diabetic 🙄 Must try harder!!

Good afternoon from the beautiful sunny South. 5'6 this morning.

I did a fair bit of walking yesterday and want to go today as well, as I enjoy it and it seems to be great for my BS levels. Will wait till the sun is not so strong and use sunscreen for the sake of my skin.

A few days ago I went to visit a "special" friend and brought my basal insulin that I inject in the morning, in case I was still at his place by that time. Thought that would be a good, indirect way to say you have high hopes for a night out or date. "Girl, I'm meeting this guy, I'm bringing my Levemir 😉". But I'm afraid that would be a very niche euphemism :rofl::rofl:

Have a look at the dealers website. They’ve got some lovely bits and bobs in there!
I’ll have the Aston Martin please. He only bought the F Type as he couldn’t afford an Aston Martin. That’s his all time favourite car. But TBF the new F Types are new Aston Martins are quite similar. I prefer our car to be honest.

To be fair that's what the nurse told me to do, well, I think she said one lancet per day was alright. I use the Fastclix device with the drums of lancets and seems protected enough, plus I am the only person using the machine. I don't wait a year but change lancets when I remember, probably once or twice per month. I've never reused a needle, though, and I heard some people do.
I also have the Fastclix device and I click it on when I remember! Though as I have the Libre I don’t use it much these days. I’ll maybe click it on next St Swithins Day! 😉

Morning 9.5 wayed out cereal Frist though had a couple of stacks last night 1 I might haved need the other I didn't but hey ho.

Decided I will go back to trying this low fodmap diet that my sister sujuested then if I do ever get to see anyone deal with it then because I can't really Wight any longer.

Might have to keep an eye a BG levels to see if this might have an impact on them.
Talking out having having to keep a eye on things I just tested. Now there was signs I was low(my memory being a bit froggy about where I had put my test kit and was searching for it when it had just been in a sensible place) it said 1.9! So I did think to myself really and retested and it was 2.6. was diffinqtlly properlly feeling it feeling it as I was treateding. The other day though I probably felt one come up at 4.1(just didn't manage to stop it) I have been mostly catching them in the upper 3s recently though)(although sometimes wasn't sure if I was just hot or low). Now need to think of what caused that drop.

Differtly want to see if I might be able to try other sensors at some point now(if I thought libre would help the situation I would go Back on it again but can't see how it would with all the problems I had it with it. And giving it several changes I did do a correction at lunch but perhaps I was on the way down anyway or perhaps if I'm changing my diet less insulin is needed and I suppose there is a possibility I miscalculated the carbs I did find myself thinking really before but trusted it so maybe should trusted my gut instinct and reworked it out taken insulin

Last edited:
How about for a bit of fun if people who test in the mornings post their waking levels? I think it would be interesting to see what the average works out at after a week 🙂

I'll start with mine - I was 6.0 when I woke up this morning 🙂

(please don't let me be the only person to enter one! 😉)
5.2 for me this morning, have had mid to low 5's for weeks in the morning, Highest it gets to during the day is 6.8

5.2 for me this morning, have had mid to low 5's for weeks in the morning, Highest it gets to during the day is 6.8
Just a minute.... This is your first post on the forum and you swan in here and claim a House Special (the nominated optimum waking reading of 5.2), when some of us spend months trying to get one and some long standing members here have never achieved it!!.... Are you having a laugh 😉

Hopefully you will read the above as intended, which is tongue in cheek.
You get a gold star for the House Special by the way....Oh and welcome to the forum. Nothing like starting as you mean to go on... 😎 No pressure for tomorrow then 🙄

I’ll have the Aston Martin please. He only bought the F Type as he couldn’t afford an Aston Martin. That’s his all time favourite car. But TBF the new F Types are new Aston Martins are quite similar. I prefer our car to be honest.
The Jags are much more reliable than the Astons according to a family friend who’s owned a few of each over the years.

Well I’m going to bed on a 5.2 so probably wake up on a 12 point something!

15/07/22 23:39 BS 5.1 🙂 JUST overshot a wee smidge! Shucks!🙄:D

Another extremely early Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

PS:- to @Nigel mark sometimes hitting the HS bang on the nose is a big tease as I fall just a wee smidge either side of it! o_O:D😉 And welcome to the forum too from me with my usual cheeky little 😉 from me!

I actually lasted earlier until around 18:30, last time I looked at the clock, before falling asleep in the middle of Rory’s round. Now, upon waking, I see that he’s just 3 shots off the lead on -10 going into Moving Day later today! 🙂

AWWWWWW! It was SO hard, at times, seeing Tiger struggle & not getting ANY luck, or love back, from St Andrews Old Course, the commentators kept saying, as EVEN on the last 18th hole his Birdie putt rimmed around the hole before bouncing out! Not quite as bad as Day 1’s +6 but, without a single birdie & a +3 for Day 2 he was never going to make the cut BUT, that didn’t matter as everybody, me too, was willing him around & in over 20 years of following his career I’ve never seen him cry! 😱 The cheers were building & building as he walked up the fairway on the last 18th hole & he was wiping his eyes several times as the tears flowed down his face & I was very statistically cheering & clapping for him at home too!😛 Then, everybody was silent as he hit his Birdie putt & I groaned for quite a good few moments after he missed it!:( THAT just summed it for his 2 rounds this year: his putting kept coming up short!o_O

Again, like the previous day both Rory & Tiger were finishing & starting around the same time & as Tiger was getting his ovation on the 18th fairway Rory passed him going up the 1st fairway & his group of Collin Morikawa & Xander Schauffele all doffed their caps to him too! 😛

Tiger said in his interview afterwards that he was playing on in future Opens but, the overwhelming support & warmth from everybody got to him as he said the next Open at St Andrews would be in 2030 & he just didn’t know if he would still be fit enough to play then?

I’m rather pleased, actually, that the timings were just right for me to see Tiger playing live yesterday & fell asleep during his previous day’s round: the opposite with Rory; saw his round live on Thursday & fell asleep during his round yesterday! 🙄:D😛:rofl:😉

And “Oh MY GOODNESS!!!” I started YET ANOTHER cycle yesterday afternoon & that’s 3 in this last month or so! I’ll definitely need to see my GP next week as it’s getting out of control again & I think I need another op! 😱 I never really stopped!:(

So, it doesn’t look like my body clock is getting back any time soon now! 🙄 I get SO wiped out!:confused:

Right, after this long post, my stomach is protesting LOUDLY now for breakfast & I’m also starting to feel tired AGAIN so soon after waking: suspect this is a wake up as a food pitstop; will try for some more sleep after eating? 🙄:confused:

I DID remember to eat yesterday: grazed all day with lots of little meals; didn’t need much NR & actually lost count of how many times I ate of a single no crusts beef sandwich here & there while watching the golf! Then, of course, after the cycle started I REALLY dialled down the NR even more! 🙄 I seem to have become a grazer now & not eating much but, eating wee bits more often!:confused:

Good thing there’s one no crusts roast beef & red onion chutney sandwich left in the plastic clip bag left which I’ll wolf down now! 😛

A very good morning folks. Old and new. I’m joining our former illustrious leader @Northerner with a 6.9.

Up early as I suddenly woke and realised I didn’t bake bread yesterday as I planned and I haven’t any at all. Mr Eggy has one slice of his for his brekkie. I’m pinching the last Warburton thin which I buy for Zara. It’s a lovely morning, a bit on the chilly side, 9 degrees, but I’m sure it’s going to warm up nicely soon. The start of the heatwave today for us, it rained almost all day yesterday, we may reach the dizzy heights of 18/19 degrees! 😉 Tomorrow 25, Monday 28 and they are now predicting Tuesday 33! That’s as rare as hen’s teeth in these parts.

Daughter eventually got a train and got to the airport, flight was on time and they landed at 8.30pm GMT, 10.30ish Greek time! Those who visit Greece will know the Greeks don’t have watches! 😉 Very laid back and time means nothing. We should take a leaf out of their books maybe, although as an anal/ control freak/ OCD type person it would drive me bonkers!

Have a splendid day, don’t forgot the sunscreen, drink plenty of fluids, chill out and fire up the BBQ! These instructions are for those not on the Scottish border! 😉 I’ll still have my hoody on, drinking tea and making a stew for tonight. :rofl:

Good morning - a pleasant chill in the air but the sky promises heat soon.
FBG 5.4 today.
Spent most of yesterday topping the paddocks and strimming margins, only one left to do and hopeful the handyman is over Covid and back on the force. The work would have gone quicker if the topper hadn't had a hissy fit and decided not to cut in the middle. Splendid neighbour who had come and started it for me, the pull being too heavy when cold, helped me up end the brute and discover, after quite a lot of reading the manual and cursing (me), that the bolt on the spindle had loosened. Tightened up it went back to producing fairways out of tussocks. The fridge full of zero calorie cokes was somewhat deleted in the heat - easy to drink whilst driving one handed. Taras put another 2 hours into the jungle - only about 20% left.
Not quite sure how to protect long coated black dog if we do get 40' - planning to set a shower running over his run to try to utilise evaporation cooling. Fingers crossed.
Have a good day everyone - keep drinking (but sadly leave the alcohol out).

Back