Group 7-day waking average?

@Bloden so sorry about your holiday. Is your hubby ill? I thought we didn’t have to isolate anymore? Or are you flying? The rules are confusing. :confused:
We’re both wiped out (so frustrating, I’m bored out of my skull!). We’re going by ferry with our car and two dogs, but have been lucky enough to re-book for two weeks’ time - ferry, hotels, etc. - phew! Him indoors isn’t quite so grumpy now. 😛 I haven’t bothered unpacking everything, no need...thanks for the kind words, ev1.

The new guidelines are to stay home and re-test after 5 days, and to wear a mask if you have to go out. No food in the house tho, so I’m going to attempt an online shop. Wish me luck!

@Bloden its good to hear you've managed to rebook. I hole your hubby feels better soon.

@eggyg, sorry to hear about your eye problem. I hope the new specs will help.

@khskel congrats on the HS

I'm pleased to report the antihistamine worked and i've had no hay fever symptoms at all today. The bad news is, although i managed to get levels down before lunch, an hour after lunch i'd shot up to 12! I didn't correct then as i knew i'd be on my feet all afternoon rushing around so it was a shock when i scanned before leaving work almost 3 hours later to find it had stayed high, in the 15s!!! Finger prick confirmed so i corrected and now its dropped to 4.6. Aaarrrrrgghhhh!! Its so frustrating atm. I doubt it was the antihistamine as that was taken at 6.30am so would have affected things earlier.

I had a problem with a slight retinal detachment (well, a small hole) and one of the things they told me was to stay well hydrated - something I am not very good at. By the next appointment it had healed over. Good luck!
It’s worth a try, I’m not good at staying hydrated either. Although I’ve currently got a pint of water at my feet.

@Bloden its good to hear you've managed to rebook. I hole your hubby feels better soon.

@eggyg, sorry to hear about your eye problem. I hope the new specs will help.

@khskel congrats on the HS

I'm pleased to report the antihistamine worked and i've had no hay fever symptoms at all today. The bad news is, although i managed to get levels down before lunch, an hour after lunch i'd shot up to 12! I didn't correct then as i knew i'd be on my feet all afternoon rushing around so it was a shock when i scanned before leaving work almost 3 hours later to find it had stayed high, in the 15s!!! Finger prick confirmed so i corrected and now its dropped to 4.6. Aaarrrrrgghhhh!! Its so frustrating atm. I doubt it was the antihistamine as that was taken at 6.30am so would have affected things earlier.
You're not already alone with sudden crazzyness my levels have been dropping alot over the pass two days(pherpa so may need to consider an adjustment somewhere. However I know half if reason for it the poisbity injecting my Livermir somewhere it's not suppose to go(it did end up being stiff so pheroros it went in a muscle of something)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220706-194629.png
    Screenshot_20220706-194629.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 2
You're not already alone with sudden crazzyness my levels have been dropping alot over the pass two days(pherpa so may need to consider an adjustment somewhere. However I know half if reason for it the poisbity injecting my Livermir somewhere it's not suppose to go(it did end up being stiff so pheroros it went in a muscle of something)
I also think it's because it's because my nurse said at my appointment "everything looks prefect to me " so Sunday night my body went "nope let's change that" 🙂 I'll give one more day and see about and adjustment somewhere.

Thanks for those who suggested that my 'fast' cold might be Covid 19. This afternoon I bought a home test kit and just now ran the test.

Negative. Whew!

As with all things, it's best to know. (I think)

And I am revovering very quickly now too.

Really struggling atm. Levels rising for no reason i can think of. Earlier they rose to 15, when i corrected (using usual correction dose) they suddenly plummeted to 3.9. Stopped a hypo and had tea, they stayed within range until 9pm. Libre showing a sharp spike which no correction is stopping. Just over 14 atm and still rising! I have no idea whats wrong this week at all but i just want to cry with it all.

Was just going to bed when I read your post @freesia . I totally understand how you feel , but alas no helpful advice.

I’ve had days like this. I’ve had unexpected lows and when I have a snack of even 10g there’s a delay in it working and then boom I spike straight up way further than I normally would expect…and like you a corrected dose on another occasion doesn’t seem to work and then dives straight down. I seem to be needing a lot less basal than normal too…just can’t get my head round it. No pattern, one day ok, I think it’s sorted then here we go again. I thought hrt had sorted this, but I have no idea. Sorry I can’t offer any solution, but just wanted you to know it’s not just you.

Oh and I did have a good cry…actually felt a bit better after. Hopefully things will settle for you very soon.

I hope you have a good night x

Was just going to bed when I read your post @freesia . I totally understand how you feel , but alas no helpful advice.

I’ve had days like this. I’ve had unexpected lows and when I have a snack of even 10g there’s a delay in it working and then boom I spike straight up way further than I normally would expect…and like you a corrected dose on another occasion doesn’t seem to work and then dives straight down. I seem to be needing a lot less basal than normal too…just can’t get my head round it. No pattern, one day ok, I think it’s sorted then here we go again. I thought hrt had sorted this, but I have no idea. Sorry I can’t offer any solution, but just wanted you to know it’s not just you.

Oh and I did have a good cry…actually felt a bit better after. Hopefully things will settle for you very soon.

I hope you have a good night x
Thank you for the reply. It came just when i was feeling alone with it all. I've been sitting up waiting for it to go down but i think i'm just going to have to go to bed. I'm up in 6 hrs for work. I've had 2 corrections (no doubt i'll go low now!), it will just have to do its worst for tonight.

Have a good sleep and rest @Lisa66

I really feel for you @freesia . Being a T1 (or even a T2 etc) seems very hard at times.

Good morning everyone. A great nights sleep but woke to a very bunged up nose. Mild sore throat has gone, yessss.

Someone suggested my cold could be Covid 19. So yesterday I got a testing kit from Boots. Tested last night... negative. Whew!!! (Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure what I was supposed to do if it had been positive)

This morning at 4am BG 5.4 which is a bit high for me. I presume it's the cold messing things up for me. Still, I will not complain as that is a reasonable number.

Mixed grill for tea (I think). Hmmmm.

Another resting day today trying to mend with this cold.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing.

Morning all. Woke to a 7.2 with libre showing it finally came down at about 3am. I'm exhausted with the spikes and drops. I hope its a better day today. Roll on the weekend.

Good morning - 4.8

Well I just woken up and it's 6.5

Morning, 6.8 and it’s sunny! Woohoo! Weather picking up at last.

We are off out walking today in the Yorkshire Dales, in Cumbria. :confused: Kirkby Stephen circular, start from the town and walk along the banks of the river Eden, rolling dales and two castles. Pendragon Castle is one, we’ve been to it before, it’s a ruin really but very picturesque, reputedly the home of King Arthur’s father. About a 10 mile, mainly flat route. I’m taking sun cream and insect repellent as well as LOTS of hypo treatments!

Hope it’s sunny where you are, it’s been a long time coming. 🙂

Good morning! Missed posting yesterday. Had a bad night waking up hypo at 3:00am and then again at 6:00sm with phantom pain. A few strong painkillers and I slept till mid-morning. Woke at 9.9 just outside double digits. Had a muggy headache and felt tired all day.

Today 4.7. I did hear the diabetes fairy was seen heading north at Platform 5.2 at Kings Cross. She does take the Michael!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220704_093333.jpg
    Screenshot_20220704_093333.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 5
Back