Group 7-day waking average?

Morning good peeps. 🙂 9.2 here.

I hope one of the rumours isn’t that your insulin pen exploded @Lily123! o_O

I hope you have a lovely, relaxing break @Robin - once you’re thru airport security!

Well, I’ve been given a start date for the Omnipod, so today’s main task is to have a look thru the gumph sent by the rep...exciting stuff! :D

Morning all. 7.1 on waking, got up, loo and walked into living room/ kitchen area and it was 8.7! @Robin Dawn is with me, I’ll keep her safe whilst you’re away. Enjoy your holiday, Oct 19 was the last time we we’re in foreign climes too. :(

We had a fantastic day yesterday, only got wet once, which is always a bonus. First stop was a hide on the shores of Loch Sunart, we saw some seals, photos rubbish it was raining and they were mikes away, apart from one I saw swimming. No otters though. We walked back to the car, a part of the shore was taped off, sign saying breeding birds, don’t disturb. Curious I thought, saw some people with a scope, so asked them. They told me to have a look in their scope. OMG! Only another white tailed eagle siting in a tree next to the biggest nest ever. It was quite a way away, over the loch on a little peninsula. Mr Eggy got some shots. What a sight, I just wish you could get a scale of the size of it. We then drove to Glenuig, sun was shining, not warm though, 9 degrees. What a fabulous place, small peaceful sandy coves, boats, forests, birds. Came home via the 13th century Castle Tioram. Accesssed by a sandy causeway, luckily the tide was going out, no wet feet thank goodness. It was dramatically perched on a small hill over looking Loch Moidart. Absolutely stunning, and I saw ringed plovers, haven’t seen them for years. Home for 6, tuna pasta bake rustled up, using up whatever was in the fridge/ cupboards as we’re going home tomorrow.:( Just the best day ever. 🙂 Today we’re going back to see if we can see the eagle again. Fingers crossed we see it flying and see the partner too.

@Lanny Sushi is the stuff of nightmares for me. Sorry. Love smoked salmon though, in a bagel with Philadelphia or with pasta.
@Elenka_HM I worked in catering for years when my children were small, it’s a hard job and the chefs were nearly always cantankerous ( moody and bad tempered, just realised you may not know that word), saying that though, I really loved it. Made some good friends who 23 years after I left I am still good friends with to this day. We’re all retired now though.

Photos today.

1. White tailed ( or sea) eagle and nest. This is Mr Eggy’s photo. Zoom in. Eagle on left.
2. A seal having a swim.
3. Male bull finch.
4. A little bay in the Glenuig area.
5. Castle Tioram and the causeway to cross it.
6. A ringed plover on the edge of the causeway.

Attachments

• E21F1EEE-5859-42B3-B493-9C94EC83998D.jpeg
    E21F1EEE-5859-42B3-B493-9C94EC83998D.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 70736995-7394-4FA9-9A4A-529C5F21C5FC.jpeg
    70736995-7394-4FA9-9A4A-529C5F21C5FC.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 11
  • CCD3A892-9BDA-4FF6-AAAF-586A3D7164C8.jpeg
    CCD3A892-9BDA-4FF6-AAAF-586A3D7164C8.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 10
  • C83B8FB1-9950-4B77-8735-B953B7149657.jpeg
    C83B8FB1-9950-4B77-8735-B953B7149657.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 10
  • B8F0935E-2E5A-42C2-A384-55ACC3615125.jpeg
    B8F0935E-2E5A-42C2-A384-55ACC3615125.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 0D242040-BC47-4E80-8AC3-C057B18CAEFB.jpeg
    0D242040-BC47-4E80-8AC3-C057B18CAEFB.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 11
Just about to leave for work and realised i don't feel right. Yep, i'm hypo, lightheaded, feeling dizzy. Can't drive now so when i can, i'll end up getting stuck in traffic. Its going to be one of those days i think :(

Morning good peeps. 🙂 9.2 here.

I hope one of the rumours isn’t that your insulin pen exploded @Lily123! o_O

I hope you have a lovely, relaxing break @Robin - once you’re thru airport security!

Well, I’ve been given a start date for the Omnipod, so today’s main task is to have a look thru the gumph sent by the rep...exciting stuff! :D
Haha no luckily… imagine the smell of that amount of insulin! 1500 students and one of two Type 1s. I like my chances

9.6 because I did actually go to bed on a normal level I diced to see what was happening with that 5 units and it's not not enough I actually diped(no I know you're not supposed to make discussions but I'm traveling on a coach today which can drop me a bit overnight a bit not sure the same rules apply when I'll though however I think it's unpredictable(not going to Sweden just home for a couple weeks well I was supposed to go to Sweden because this illness is unprictabte) I do know what something that tells me what's happening overnight. Perhaps the reason there s bit unpredictable and id the illness is. Pherpherps I should have been mindful about doing corrections when only s tad high. And saw what was happening afterward (my mines thinking what if I actually gone low overnight and hadn't noticed when I did that)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220512-080922.png
    Screenshot_20220512-080922.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 2
Either the waking up high before was I was dropping futher or it was just dawn phermom, probably the leter,) I'm diffinatlly wanting something telling me once going on(before anyone says just go back on the libre then this didn't actually tell me what was going on) because i think I might have made some flase judgements recently.

5.6 for me today. 🙂

Dez

Well i may have to reduce my basal now I’ve split it into multiple doses to improve absorption (reached the 3rd day of that now), as I dropped to the 4s last night before bed, had some carbs to get it up to 7, then dropped again to apparently be hypo all night. I was 4.4 when I woke up and 5.4 before blousing for breakfast so I think I’ll call that close enough to my first HS, must have passed 5.2 at some point!
Hang on a minute didn't you just tell me not to make decisions based on one night 🙂

Morning

8.0 for me today

Received notification that my Superdrug parcel is apparently out for delivery today between 9 and 11 xx

Morning All 19.6 🙄 (mumbles about stupid body doing stupid things)

Anyway onwards, hoping some housework will help bring things back to the usual level of rubbish :rofl:

It was a 4.3 for me this morning with an extra half unit of Levemir last night as my levels started to rise at bedtime. Caught it at 9.9 so put a 1.5 correction in and I had a slow steady descent down to my waking reading. Happy enough with that but may drop it back to 2units tonight. Daytime Levemir is holding me nice and steady at 20 units now. I had one tiny dip into the red yesterday which was totally my own fault as I did more exercise than intended with a bit of Fiasp on board, otherwise I would have had another Unicorn Day. TIR is starting to look a lot better now that my basal needs have stabilized into summertime mode, after some shilly shallying the last few weeks.

I did eat off plan last night after getting my new specs from the optician. And with the police update weighing on my mind.

First time varifocal ones and I’m not convinced they’re right.
Two issues really. One the distance part of the lens is right at the top and sort of off centre so it feels like the focal centre is off. Bigger issue though is that they’re supposed to be photochromic lenses and these clearly are not.
I’ll test again outside to make sure (cover one lens with hand and compare both after a minute and see if one has darkened). If they aren’t then it means they need to remake the lenses and more delays.

The police update is good news. I’m only meant to be working for 3.5 hours today as it’s between a zoom lawyer meeting about the other ongoing case and a doctors appointment but I feel like staying in bed tbh.

Taken my morning meds of course. Not tested today.

Cheesecloth being delivered later and a fresh batch of yogurt about to go into the fridge after 24hrs incubation. Once it’s chilled I’ll strain it through the cheesecloth and have yummy Greek style probiotic yoghurt.

I’m feeling like I want to go to Wisley this weekend. Was going to Park Run but maybe I can do both.

Morning all on this grey day....

8.8 this morning after a flat line. I need to DO something about this I really do! I seem paralysed to alter basals on the Omnipod whereas I found it so easy to see patterns on the Accu-Chek Combo.

Nothing much on today, but the GP did say to take it easy. Might go for a stroll round the garden centre this afternoon and buy a few bedding plants.

@TinaD hope all is OK with your scan and the lump isn't a problem. On the other hand, good news about your Ukranians.

@Robin How lovely to be going on hols... where to? We've found security a piece of cake the last few times we've been through since lockdown. Not at all the usual bun-fight.

@Bloden fab news about the start date for the Omnipod, when is it?

Morning all and 6.2 for me.

Trying to decide running order for album now. Could be much debate about that as we currently have 13 to choose from and we need to leave 3 off.

The washing's going out as it's bright and breezy.

Have a good day everyone.

I did eat off plan last night after getting my new specs from the optician. And with the police update weighing on my mind.

First time varifocal ones and I’m not convinced they’re right.
Two issues really. One the distance part of the lens is right at the top and sort of off centre so it feels like the focal centre is off. Bigger issue though is that they’re supposed to be photochromic lenses and these clearly are not.
I’ll test again outside to make sure (cover one lens with hand and compare both after a minute and see if one has darkened). If they aren’t then it means they need to remake the lenses and more delays.

The police update is good news. I’m only meant to be working for 3.5 hours today as it’s between a zoom lawyer meeting about the other ongoing case and a doctors appointment but I feel like staying in bed tbh.

Taken my morning meds of course. Not tested today.

Cheesecloth being delivered later and a fresh batch of yogurt about to go into the fridge after 24hrs incubation. Once it’s chilled I’ll strain it through the cheesecloth and have yummy Greek style probiotic yoghurt.

I’m feeling like I want to go to Wisley this weekend. Was going to Park Run but maybe I can do both.
If your glasses don't seem right then you must go back as all it might need is a small adjustment to get them to sit correctly. Photochromic sometimes can take a few exposures to sunlight to fully activate them.

Good morning everyone. Been a bit busy this morning. Anyway, BG 4.6 this morning.

Been out for a walk. Beach was deserted. Going out for another walk, with a friend, after lunch.

Nothing else much planned today.

Is it right that concentrating on something raises blood pressure. I have noticed that when I am developing newcalgorithms and concentrating my blood pressure goes up. Every time. Not excessive but just into the elevated region.

Have a great day whatever you are doing today

If your glasses don't seem right then you must go back as all it might need is a small adjustment to get them to sit correctly. Photochromic sometimes can take a few exposures to sunlight to fully activate them.
Thank you! I didn’t know that about photochromic lenses!

Small mercies etc…

Yesterday I bought two small baguettes ate one and put the other in the freezer.
Stopped me eating it this morning and it’s still in the freezer.
Had some salad veg with smoked salmon for a late breakfast today.
I’m taking that as a win.

Morning. 4.2 in the red all night according to Libre, 7.6 bg. This new sensor seems to be consistently reading about 3 lower, so will be putting in a call to Abbott today I think. At least it’s being constant I suppose.

Definitely put trip to Wisely on your agenda @ColinUK , I’ve only been once, but keep meaning to go back. Planning to get a visit in to Kew soon as I’ve never been. I’m also hoping to pay another visit to the Chelsea Physic Garden when we’re in London next month…loved that, so interesting. I think I’m on the road varifocals soon…I have heard they take some getting used to, however yours seem to have something else going on.

@khskel I've have wondered if there is a method / formula to how tracks are ordered on an album…is there? Starting with a strong one, ending in a high with a surprise somewhere in between…it’s the way I think albums (vinyl) used to be back in the day…way back🙂

Daughter and boyfriend arriving tonight for the weekend (yay), so plenty to do today.

Have a good day everyone.

Last edited:
Back