Group 7-day waking average?

I felt fine but I rarely notice high levels, or changing levels.
For corrections anything above 15 is a bit of a guess, so I injected a bit more than I thought I would need (to try to bring it down quicker - with the intention to catch the drop) then went out for a walk with the cats. Kept an eye on the curve, it slowed and gently edged towards the deck, I took 2 glucose tabs followed by a snack. Sat at the piano for an hour to make sure.
To be honest, it's one of my better catches. Libre allows you to surf, but I also checked with the finger tests, first for the high then the low.
Very impressed at how well you managed it and piloting it down to a steady landing with the glucose tabs.

I love that you walk your cats. Tiger will walk with me late at night/early hours when there is no traffic around but LouLou isn't interested.

Morning all. 17.5

Had a danger nap last night and was up for most of the night. Had a few hours of proper sleep this morning and hopefully can keep on going until bedtime tonight 🙂
Just cant quite make it through the day without a nap still. Defo much better than it has been though 😉

beautiful pics @Griffin. and @eggyg
@zippyjojo wasnt sure if to laugh or cry at your sad face one. how about a hug instead and a well done for resisting 🙂

Stunning pictures @eggyg and @Griffin.
@rebrascora give Arthur a pat from me and say well done.
@zippyjojo the afternoon tea looks amazing. Well done for resisting, it must have been hard.

Well, i've got 5 days left on this sensor. The last few days i've been getting random breaks in the data, odd times through the day and night. Today, i felt ok but when i scanned before driving home, this afternoon it said i'd been over 15!!! I don't think so, i'd have been crying and emotional at that! At home the scan said 11.4 but finger prick was 7.8. I hope it doesn't give up now!

The last few days i've been getting random breaks in the data, odd times through the day and night. Today, i felt ok but when i scanned before driving home, this afternoon it said i'd been over 15!!! I don't think so, i'd have been crying and emotional at that! At home the scan said 11.4 but finger prick was 7.8. I hope it doesn't give up now!
Hhmmmm.....settled again. Sensor 6.8, finger prick 6.0.

Hi all,

I’m super happy today - I have some exciting news!

I’ve just been informed that the referral that my gp wrote to the other hospital has finally been approved today!!

Might not sound like a big deal but for me this is HUGE. A fresh start somewhere new and can get more of the support that I need after struggling for months.

I’m super excited for this. The lady said to me it might be a little while to wait but I’m on the list for an appointment. Honestly, I don’t care how long I have to wait. I’m just grateful they listened to me, are giving me a chance and that finally that ball is rolling, no matter how slowly, it is still rolling! :D

Hi all,

I’m super happy today - I have some exciting news!

I’ve just been informed that the referral that my gp wrote to the other hospital has finally been approved today!!

Might not sound like a big deal but for me this is HUGE. A fresh start somewhere new and can get more of the support that I need after struggling for months.

I’m super excited for this. The lady said to me it might be a little while to wait but I’m on the list for an appointment. Honestly, I don’t care how long I have to wait. I’m just grateful they listened to me, are giving me a chance and that finally that ball is rolling, no matter how slowly, it is still rolling! :D
That's great news @sg295

Thank you, yes it is!

Honestly feel like crying I’m so happy 🙂
I'm also delighted for you but makes me wonder how bad the support you were getting at the other hospital was when you are crying with joy at just the acceptance by another clinic!! I also hope you aren't disappointed by the new clinic when you get your appointment. Fingers crossed emoji. That said, I think some of your concerns will fade with time and experience as they do for all of us, so it may be that by the time you get an appointment at the new clinic, your need for support will not be so pressing. Getting on an in person DAFNE would be really helpful in the meantime. I believe they are now being run in in person in my area.

I'm also delighted for you but makes me wonder how bad the support you were getting at the other hospital was when you are crying with joy at just the acceptance by another clinic!! I also hope you aren't disappointed by the new clinic when you get your appointment. Fingers crossed emoji. That said, I think some of your concerns will fade with time and experience as they do for all of us, so it may be that by the time you get an appointment at the new clinic, your need for support will not be so pressing. Getting on an in person DAFNE would be really helpful in the meantime. I believe they are now being run in in person in my area.
Hi Barbara,

Thanks for your message.

Hopefully I won’t be, obviously I won’t know until I get there but my gut tells me this was the right decision and I’ll be happy there (and normally my intuition is pretty good). I’ve also heard lots and lots of good things about the care from this place so hopefully it will live up to my expectations.

I hope some of these concerns will improve the more experienced I become but a DAFNE course certainly does sound like a good bet to help me become more confident as well.

Thanks again 🙂

Just had a dental appointment late this afternoon. I was surprisingly stressed by it.

Anyway, I thought that stress was supposed to raise blood glucose levels, but when I tested on getting home it had dropped to 4.5 and my blood pressure had dropped to its lowest reading yet 100/60. And I was rather dizzy walking home.

Is that to be expected

Still, all sorted now and I cooked a great tea after a few minutes to test and recover at home

Just had a dental appointment late this afternoon. I was surprisingly stressed by it.

Anyway, I thought that stress was supposed to raise blood glucose levels, but when I tested on getting home it had dropped to 4.5 and my blood pressure had dropped to its lowest reading yet 100/60. And I was rather dizzy walking home.

Is that to be expected

Still, all sorted now and I cooked a great tea after a few minutes to test and recover at home
If it's anything like my dentist being with your head tipped low down makes me feel dizzy and I always have to get up slowly.
Hope you are Ok now

Thanks for that. It helps. Never felt like that after a dental appointment before.

Good morning 5.3 today

Have a great day everybody 😎

Good morning - 4.8

6.0 on the nose for me today. Not that I took my blood from there obviously!

Back