Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning everyone

BG 4.6 nicely in range

Been out for 2 hours walking on the beach. Enjoyed it.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Morning all and it was was 6.9 for me. Possibly due to a early hours toilet break when the levels started to rise.

On a bit of downer as just heard one of my best mates from my late teens/early twenties died yesterday. No idea why as yet.

Have a good day everyone.
So sorry to hear about your friend @khskel

Morning all
Still don't know my readings so I'm going for a h. S 5.2{probs the only time I'll ever get one} OK add another 10 to it lol
I can't stop thinking about a book I've just read got it at the hospital and I picked it up yesterday and finished it this morning its called the art of racing in the rain by garth stein its told from the point of view of a dog called Enzo... Simply put i adored it I laughed and I'm not ashamed to say I cried at it too its a beautiful book I'd highly recommend it I've asked nurse ratchet to come with me to the park for a hour today the tulips should be blooming and I'm desperate for some sunshine.
Roast chicken and salad for dinner
Feeling more human every day now my eye opened up this morning so I'm seeing in stereo high def again.
Keep on keeping on
Griff

11:55 BS 6.0 🙂

Technically A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉 Although, actually it’s just on the dot of 12:00 by the time I read the posts & started typing!🙄

Either way, it’s a very late wake up from me! 😳

Yesterday was less frazzled than the day before & my after breakfast reading of 8.9 3 hours after breakfast made me decide to stick with 86 Tresiba & it was just all that extra effort after lunch that sent me hypo the day before! 🙄

Just a little bit of effort as the darks wash had stopped dripping so, took them down from the rails above the bath & spread them out around the radiators around the hall & bathroom: I once hand washed a navy wool cape & after wringing it out as dry as I could I put it straight onto the bathroom radiator; it dripped & dyed the linoleum floor with a navy patch under the radiator! 😱😳

This being my parents house & me only being a child of 8 years old when we moved here with everything being made & designed for adults it’s mostly too tall, too high up & too long for me: I’m the shortest in my family being only 155cm & I struggle to reach up to the bathroom shelves, the bathroom rails above the bath, the bath itself being ALMOST too long for as I can only reach the the full length at full stretch with my toes, & even the little mirror stuck above the basin in the shower toilet is too tall for & I have to jump up & down to see myself in it! 🙄:rofl: It’s fresh in my mind after struggling to reach the rails above the bath for the washing!😱

Incidentally, may be TMI, since both my shoulders, after injuries, aren’t that strong I’ve tied a mesh bath puff I untied into one long strand, doubled it up & tied it to the rail above the taps at that end of the bath & use it to pull myself up after bathing as I can’t reach that rail sitting down in the tub: did that AGES ago; the strain on my shoulders of using my arms on the sides of the bath to pull myself up was too much! 😱

Well, while I’m recovering from a hypo that crept up on me, I’ll ask this question kind of knowing the answer but, will ask it anyway to confirm it? :confused:

I got totally distracted on FFVIII today & only ate breakfast with lunch being forgotten, 86 tresiba went in at the 14:30 alarm, & just stopped playing because my heart rate went through the roof, thought “what time is it, when did I last eat, am I hypo”? I was indeed & 17:03 BS 3.5! 😱 Had 1 jelly baby followed by half an oatcake but, then felt the hypo hunger take over me & I guzzled down 4 more jelly babies & 2 more half oatcakes for a total of 5 jelly babies & 1.5 oatcakes completely overboard treatment before I could stop myself eating any more!😳 I haven’t felt that hypo monster hunger in a while!

So, this definitely confirms to me if I don’t eat 86 tresiba is too much & only been manageable recently because I ate regularly! So, is it better to stay on 86 with the same NR doses, 30, 26 & 22, with regular eating or go down to 84 tresiba & go up with NR doses, I’ll have to work them out with testing, & be ok if I forget to eat?

I KNOW I’ll be distracted for a while now with FFVIII & The Open golf later on in July as well when I’ll probably forget to eat at times!

I know the answer, really & it’s just tedious to have to do more testing in the short term to work out a whole new set of NR doses AGAIN & in the meantime remember to wait for the tresiba change to come through! :(

As soon as my heart rate recovers, it really DOES take 45 minutes as in the driving license rules as stated, I’ll cook some ramen for a very late lunch & see what all those JB’s & oatcakes did to my BS: just look; NOT correct as I KNOW my basal is too high now! OR it might just be easier NOT to test & tempt myself to correct? 🙄

And there we are! Just coming up to 45 minutes after & my heart rate is finally starting to come down & I’m nearly recovered from my hypo! It really takes that long & DVLA are very well informed about how long it takes! 🙄:confused:

Now for some ramen in a few more minutes: not in a hurry to get anywhere; might as well fully recover before I cook! 🙄:rofl:😉

Good morning everyone.

BG 4.8 this morning.

Went for a long walk yesterday morning after feeling particularly lazy and tired. It was good to get out into the fresh air. Just one old doggie came up to me to say hello. I do like it when that happens.

Today, downloading more pictures of dogs for my game App.

Got a letter from the NHS on Saturday from my eye check. A very (to me) cryptic message saying my right eye has a 'suspected disc'. I have googled it at it could be serious but I can't really find out why. Does anyone know anything about this condition and what can be done if proved to be the case?

Have a great day today whatever you are doing.

Good morning 6.1 today

Happy Monday Everybody

Good morning - 7.2

Morning all. 6.4 for me today. Busy week ahead. Have a good day whatever you are planning.

4.9 for me… again. For tea last night I had a home made curry with chicken and lots of veg in it, and my BG didn’t even show a slight rise. Weird.

Morning all. 6.5 on this very wet morning.

It was beautiful yesterday, the sun shone nearly all day. We did just under 10 miles walking through Glen Tarbert along side the River Tarbert. It’s stunningly beautiful, even if the main road runs through it. Although it’s not busy, when the Corran ferry gets in you may get 5/6 cars going past in succession! There was a path, some of which runs near to the river so not all road walking. Didn’t see any other walkers although we came across two cyclists and one had had a puncture. We had a nice chat with them and they gave us some ideas of where to go, and not go. 😉 We stopped for snacks, I had packed loads, I didn’t bolus for any of it, slice of fruit malt and some Pringles. Our goal was to stop when we glimpsed Loch Sunart otherwise we might still be out! Unfortunately, it was a linear walk but you always see things differently and the sun shone all the way home so we didn’t mind. Home at 5.30, tri-fold doors opened and we just took in the view, again. You couldn’t tire of it. Three deer came down from the mountains behind us and joined the sheep in the field, that was nice to see. I started to feel a bit squiffy about 6pm. Checked BGs and I was 5.1 but although Libre didn’t show it I knew I was going down quite fast, headache and sickly. Tea was ready so started eating, again I didn’t bolus, it was just crackers, pate, cheese. I kept trying to do my BG with my metre, four times it kept saying metre error, I suspected it had got warm whilst out. Eventually after I’d nearly finished my tea it read 5, Libre had gone to 5.7 at this point. I suspect BGs were dropping like a stone. Felt better after I’d eaten. At 10 o’clock after no bolus for my snack and tea ( hadn’t had lunch as had a big breakfast) I was 7.5. After reading for half an hour I was 6.1, had a ginger nut. Had an almost flat line all night. Exercise….the gift that keeps on giving! 🙄
We’re staying home today as heavy rain is set for the day. That’s fine as my legs/ back/ hips/ pelvis/ left shoulder are a bit achy, everything else is fine! :rofl:

Have a great day all.🙂

More photos for you, I’m afraid. It’s ok, we’re going home on Friday. 😉

Attachments

• 3C20FD74-9F67-41AC-9C7F-44F8ADF94A8E.jpeg
    3C20FD74-9F67-41AC-9C7F-44F8ADF94A8E.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 95CC14E9-450B-457A-B76E-034D2AC6A5BF.jpeg
    95CC14E9-450B-457A-B76E-034D2AC6A5BF.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 8E6F3A27-7447-46A6-91E2-B2B23CD31949.jpeg
    8E6F3A27-7447-46A6-91E2-B2B23CD31949.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 14
  • FD0BD86A-904E-41B9-98E3-C03C63A989FF.jpeg
    FD0BD86A-904E-41B9-98E3-C03C63A989FF.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 82B68788-F8E1-40E3-B3AA-3795B1B0E792.jpeg
    82B68788-F8E1-40E3-B3AA-3795B1B0E792.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 2B213008-FDBB-4D86-96C9-7B10B1E47CD0.jpeg
    2B213008-FDBB-4D86-96C9-7B10B1E47CD0.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 0CA3C659-1B91-43B0-B1C7-BE0069E34270.jpeg
    0CA3C659-1B91-43B0-B1C7-BE0069E34270.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 184152D1-C382-4865-88B1-5B4B8A9C18EF.jpeg
    184152D1-C382-4865-88B1-5B4B8A9C18EF.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 94B07FC9-E88C-4A62-9FF8-A84F7D05570E.jpeg
    94B07FC9-E88C-4A62-9FF8-A84F7D05570E.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 15
5.8 for me today. 🙂
I've only just noticed that there is a selection at the bottom of the screen to turn on Dark Mode or High Contrast. Does anyone know how long that has been there?

Morning all, 4.8 here. Absence of Dawn Phenom, and I only had one glass of wine last night. I did go out just before dark and do some quick pruning of a couple of wall-trained climbers, (when I realised it’s green waste collection this week and there’s still room in the bin. Got to get our moneys worth, we pay for it round here) so maybe the extra exercise helped.

A couple of months.
https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/threads/forum-themes-‘dark-mode’.98549/
Doh!! Specsavers here I come. 🙄

Back