Group 7-day waking average?

Update - Superdrug have replaced the order and upgraded to premium delivery so should be here in 1-2 days although still being sent via EVRI so we'll see, I have little faith xx

After a rather broken night, part spent listening with gratitude to the rain, I score a healthy 5.1 this morning. Got a wonderfully garbled facebook message from my Ukrainian Mum last night - travel plans are coming together is about all I gathered! I shall have to start learning the 18th edition of the Electrical Regulations - it seems Taras will have to sit an examination in them to get a card to work in the UK. Eek! Regulations no problems to a lawyer but hope the technical stuff isn't a bit grim. Should stop cabbage leaves growing out of my ears...Have a good day everyone - do envy @eggyg - what a wonderful wildlife day despite the dodgy stepping stones.

There is no Fingers Crossed reaction so here’s a Finger Crossed emoji! 🙂 & a smiley for hopeful outcomes!🙂
Thanks Lanny just have to hope :rofl: xx

Problem solved. Decision made. I just shoved my coat and shoes on and went for a walk anyway. 82 minutes and my friend has agreed to come for a walk this afternoon too. Excellent.

Motivation is a strange thing. Why are we sometimes motivated and at other times....not?

I can't imagine going so low, if I was getting that low I'd be eating jelly babies all the time! 😉 Thank you
In the past when I’ve had a series of low readings, it doesn’t have to be actually hypo as 4’s can do it, over a few days I lose my hypo awareness & that’s how I can get caught out by hypos below 3! Thank goodness it’s only happened twice because I’m aware of that possibility now & at any sign of me losing hypo awareness I test more often, every 30 minutes at one point, so that doesn’t happen again if I can help it! 😱 Then, once everything is stabilised I run my blood sugars, I use BS so you know what I mean now, higher to regain my hypo awareness for about a week!

Morning.
6.8 Libre and 9.2 jabber…happy to see first one, not so the second one. Didn’t get up as early as usual so was going up…9.2 probably correct.

Sweat pea wigwam still standing so that’s a plus and it looks straight from the house, even if not from any other angles🙄

Lots of garden jobs today. Husband has first cricket match of the season today….so he’s very happy….and I can crack on in garden with no distractions 🙂

@eggy just the description of your journey had me feeling very tense…it’s such a good feeling when you get back on a proper two lane stretch of road….aaaaand relax.

I hope everyone has a lovely day…especially those who haven’t started the day feeling so great x

Morning a 7.8 for me had Chinese last night got it all wrong and ended up on 18.3! Came down to 10.1 before bed

Have a great day.

@eggyg your wildlife photos are amazing. I doubt the photos do seeing the real thing justice

Morning all
I know its 3pm I've just slept for nearly 16 hours straight I think my body just caved in last night I took my meds got comfy and woke up just now i feel very rip van winkle ish the carer has been in i didn't hear her the hounds been walked by the walker and I didn't hear that either I think a week of very broken sleep may just have caught up with me.. Didn't take a reading strips are on back order from the pharmacy will be b. A.u on Monday I'm probs going to spend the rest of the day resting and having a little quiet time it's so nice to not have a constant din in the background I could get used to this!!
Have a great rest of the day feel better soon everyone who's feeling poorly and don't let the those numbers wear you down..
Keep smiling
Griff

Afternoon! This morning's reading was 8'2 but after my nap now it is 5'7. Does it count as "waking" BG? 😉

Didn't feel my best this morning, I was sleepy, headachy and the weird feeling in my eyelid was more intense, I now suspect it could be a sty (hordeolum?) forming. I had a few of those as a teen. Thankfully I felt better after the nap.

Yesterday in the international food shop I bought some Labneh balls, which are very tasty, and very low carb. No low fat or salt, tho. And I was very excited to find medlers, a fruit I haven't seen in the UK before. Didn't even know the English name, they are "nísperos" in Spanish and my grandfather grows them. They are a real treat for me. Sadly those are not so good but had to try them.

@Griffin. It's great you could catch up on some sleep, clearly needed. Nothing like your own bed, that's for sure!

Enjoy your weekend, people. I'm back to work for dinner service and maybe helping in a wedding, hope it is a good one 🙂

Attachments

• IMG_20220506_164320.jpg
    IMG_20220506_164320.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 13
. And I was very excited to find medlers, a fruit I haven't seen in the UK before. Didn't even know the English name, they are "nísperos" in Spanish and my grandfather grows them. They are a real treat for me. Sadly those are not so good but had to try them.
Goodness, that took me back 50 years, when I visited Malta as a child, and came across Nespoli, (which is the Italian for Nisperos.) and my mother had a long discussion with the gardener as to whether they were the same as an English medlar. The upshot was that no, they're not the same botanical family, but they are known as Japanese Medlars, (or Loquats). The true Medlar is only really used for jam, and has to be 'bletted', meaning picked and left to go soft, before it is useable.( I know about Medlars because someone in the village has a Medlar tree and gives the excess produce to the autumn bring and take fruit fair, and someone always asks on the village forum 'but what do you do with them?')

Evening all. I'm very late posting today. 3.2 this morning!!! Ooops! Its been lovely here today, sunny and warm. Been for a 4.5 mile walk.

@Griffin. I hope you're beginning to feel better. At least being home you can rest more.
@eggyg fantastic pics!! The birds and mink are amazing. What a sight.
@Kaylz i hope the delivery gets to you in time. Fingers crossed.

I hope everyone has had a good day.

Well, I am back from our trip over the border. No rain for us thankfully, maybe that was because I nearly went without a rain coat and then went back into the house to get it just before setting off. In fact the weather was perfect, not too hot for the horses and not too cold.... just Goldilocks "right". Enjoyed our drive round the estate so much we went round a second time. We overtook some people who were just doing one lap and we set off first! Lots of woodland tracks and then past the front of the house where there were some rhodedendrons and other bonny trees and shrubs. IMG_20220507_115019855.jpg
The cone driving was challenging but by our third attempt we managed it at trot and only got 3 down (out of 15), which I was very impressed at considering we were the only people driving a pair, we don't have cones or anywhere to practice at home and Arthur had never seen cones before. He managed to kick a couple with his front feet whilst Zak jumped one when he realised he was too close.... and cleared it without dislodging the tennis ball on the top. He is a star! All in all, a very successful and enjoyable day although it wasn't competitive, just for fun.... which is the way I like it. :D

Anyway, my reading this morning was 3.9 which I was a bit disappointed with as I caught it dropping an hour and a half earlier at 4.20am on 4.8 and had a single JB, but still just skimmed the red as I woke up. Can't decide if I need a basal reduction tonight as I have been sat in the car or on the carriage most of the day so not a lot of activity and I reduced my morning dose.
Bit headachy tonight as I haven't drank nearly enough today because we were travelling ..... and no services on the A68. (legs crossed emoji) I was very keen to grab the bucket and evict the horses from the trailer when we got there so I could use the trailer as a toilet cubicle! I also managed to smack the bridge of my nose on the breast bar in the horse trailer as I climbed in through the jockey door and ducked under the large haynets and then straightened up too soon. Boy did that rattle my teeth and bring tears to my eyes but thankfully no blood involved. Feel a bit embarrassed even mentioning it when @Griffin. suffered such traumatic injuries recently, but I am guessing that is adding to my headache!

Great to hear you had such a long sleep Griff, which will have really helped your body with the healing process and such a relief that you have Selena and the dog walker coming in to take over other responsibilities and enable you to rest.

Anyway, that was my day and we will be off for a club drive with the horses again tomorrow, thankfully a bit nearer to home, but nowhere near such nice scenery. Then I have lots of chores to catch up on at home next week.

Well, I am back from our trip over the border. No rain for us thankfully, maybe that was because I nearly went without a rain coat and then went back into the house to get it just before setting off. In fact the weather was perfect, not too hot for the horses and not too cold.... just Goldilocks "right". Enjoyed our drive round the estate so much we went round a second time. We overtook some people who were just doing one lap and we set off first! Lots of woodland tracks and then past the front of the house where there were some rhodedendrons and other bonny trees and shrubs. View attachment 20865
The cone driving was challenging but by our third attempt we managed it at trot and only got 3 down (out of 15), which I was very impressed at considering we were the only people driving a pair, we don't have cones or anywhere to practice at home and Arthur had never seen cones before. He managed to kick a couple with his front feet whilst Zak jumped one when he realised he was too close.... and cleared it without dislodging the tennis ball on the top. He is a star! All in all, a very successful and enjoyable day although it wasn't competitive, just for fun.... which is the way I like it. :D

Anyway, my reading this morning was 3.9 which I was a bit disappointed with as I caught it dropping an hour and a half earlier at 4.20am on 4.8 and had a single JB, but still just skimmed the red as I woke up. Can't decide if I need a basal reduction tonight as I have been sat in the car or on the carriage most of the day so not a lot of activity and I reduced my morning dose.
Bit headachy tonight as I haven't drank nearly enough today because we were travelling ..... and no services on the A68. (legs crossed emoji) I was very keen to grab the bucket and evict the horses from the trailer when we got there so I could use the trailer as a toilet cubicle! I also managed to smack the bridge of my nose on the breast bar in the horse trailer as I climbed in through the jockey door and ducked under the large haynets and then straightened up too soon. Boy did that rattle my teeth and bring tears to my eyes but thankfully no blood involved. Feel a bit embarrassed even mentioning it when @Griffin. suffered such traumatic injuries recently, but I am guessing that is adding to my headache!

Great to hear you had such a long sleep Griff, which will have really helped your body with the healing process and such a relief that you have Selena and the dog walker coming in to take over other responsibilities and enable you to rest.

Anyway, that was my day and we will be off for a club drive with the horses again tomorrow, thankfully a bit nearer to home, but nowhere near such nice scenery. Then I have lots of chores to catch up on at home next week.
My eyes are watering for you ouch love the pic sounds like you had a adventure or two..
And listen a boo boo is a boo even if there's no blood.. I just do things with my face that perhaps my camera phone should be doing lol

Well I’ve finished gigging for today and thought I’d share a picture of my super snazzy uniform!

Also the medals I’m wearing are my dads that he earnt when he was in the navy ❤️

Attachments

• F6627620-4153-4924-8BFC-3F4E2BC61D37.jpeg
    F6627620-4153-4924-8BFC-3F4E2BC61D37.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 31
Well I’ve finished gigging for today and thought I’d share a picture of my super snazzy uniform!

Also the medals I’m wearing are my dads that he earnt when he was in the navy ❤️

Blooming heck! You got enough gold braid there!! Lovely that you can wear your Dad's medals!.... And love the big grin :D You look very smart indeed!

Blooming heck! You got enough gold braid there!! Lovely that you can wear your Dad's medals!.... And love the big grin :D You look very smart indeed!
Thank you Barbara!

Haha there sure is a lot of gold, makes it look super fancy!
And yes I love that too, makes me very proud of him ❤️
I really love my new uniform and had a great time playing in the gigs today, hence the big smile 🙂

Back