Group 7-day waking average?

Thanks for the replies! @rebrascora as you know I don't have Libre, so I try to judge by my activity and what I ate before. In the rare occasion I drink alcohol I prefer to be on the safe side.
I do have Novorapid at home, ready to go! In fact I have too much at the moment because when I asked the nurse to change my prescription to cartridges for the future, they send 2 boxes to the pharmacy without me ordering o_O
Good to hear you have NR on standby, even if it is taking up extra space in your fridge at the moment. Hopefully you will be offered Libre soon too and that will give you more info, particularly with regard to what your levels are doing overnight, which can help to establish a safe bedtime strategy.

7.8 this morning with 3 compression hypos through the night, need to find a new spot for the next sensor.:(

12:03 BS 5.7 🙂 Little Miss Dazy is up again for a hobbits’ 2nd breakfast, insulin wise! And I’ll pop a frozen ready baked potato in the microwave for 5:30 minutes with a, full fat this time as the healthy one tastes AWFULLY SOUR, prawn cocktail: the last one as I only budgeted two in this week’s shopping; not money wise but, fat wise as I can only tolerate so much of it before my liver & body rebels!🙄 So, I’ll enjoy it!😛

12:03 BS 5.7 🙂 Little Miss Dazy is up again for a hobbits’ 2nd breakfast, insulin wise! And I’ll pop a frozen ready baked potato in the microwave for 5:30 minutes with a, full fat this time as the healthy one tastes AWFULLY SOUR, prawn cocktail: the last one as I only budgeted two in this week’s shopping; not money wise but, fat wise as I can only tolerate so much of it before my liver & body rebels!🙄 So, I’ll enjoy it!😛
I really miss a good jacket spud full of butter and cheese but with a crunchy jacket!

Morning all and 5.7 for me.

Whoops got the bolus timing wrong yesterday evening. Hypo after tea then rebound up to 13. It's a bit of a b****r having to post bolus. Nevermind I'm sure I'll get it right tonight.

Have a good day everyone.
[/QU

Once I waited to eat porriage in morning because I expected it to spike me not that time went low. Even though the time before I spiked super high

Oh! Almost forgot! On the “painless pricks” front I’ve discovered that 0.5 IS enough for most fingers, the thumbs JUST are thicker, if I press really hard up against it before pressing the plunger: still barely feel it; still bleeds & I’m AMAZED! 😱😛😎

Good to hear you have NR on standby, even if it is taking up extra space in your fridge at the moment. Hopefully you will be offered Libre soon too and that will give you more info, particularly with regard to what your levels are doing overnight, which can help to establish a safe bedtime strategy.
Yeah, it would be interesting. I don't mind doing a few extra finger pricks, but I don't want to get up at night for them. Diabetes better don't mess with my sleep or we are not going to get along :D:rofl:

Morning all

5.5 at bedtime - 7.2 at 8 am. Tried to put a temp basal on before bed, b ut got nowhere. Must read the manual this morning.

Got a Covid booster yesterday. Feel rather lethargic today and my arm is really sore.

Well done @Sitosea for the HS

I really miss a good jacket spud full of butter and cheese but with a crunchy jacket!
Well then! It would seem that you & I Colin are in opposite camps on this then! 🙄 There are two main camps of people who love a dry crunchy, you, baked potato & those, me, who love the wet mashy baked potato but with SO much more flavour than mash potato!:confused: So, the frozen ready baked potatoes polarises, like marmite, into, like me, the wet potato lovers who love the quick convenience of it & those who hate it in your camp as it’s definitely NOT “a crunchy jacket”!:rofl: I used to buy a pack of 4 baking potatoes from asda for 60p, now but used to be 50p, & bake them low & slow on gas mark 4 to 5 for 90 minutes to 2 hours to get the middle wet & mashy with no pricking at all while keeping the skin from crisping up, burning, too much! So, it was a LONG wait! I LOVE the frozen ready baked potato that’s done in the microwave for 5 minutes: just an extra 30 seconds for a hotter potato as the prawn cocktail is cold!😎😛:D

Morning all and 5.7 for me.

Whoops got the bolus timing wrong yesterday evening. Hypo after tea then rebound up to 13. It's a bit of a b****r having to post bolus. Nevermind I'm sure I'll get it right tonight.

I’m the same in the evenings @khskel. 😳 I have to “mid-meal bolus” otherwise I crash then skyrocket. Even doing this, I sometimes crash...ffleurggh. Have you worked out why? I don’t really understand, and my DSN was stumped too. You’re right, it’s a b****r!

Good morning everyone. Up late at 6am.

BG a very acceptable 5.1

Then a couple of hours of my game App update/new stuff

Then off out walking in the cool drizzly rain for an hour

Then immediately I got back it was announced that WE were going shopping. No time for my planned lunch. Seemed to survive it.

Then after that out again to pick up my repaired shoes (the ones I walk in).

Now some peace and quiet I hope

Afternoon

It was 9.something for me this morning, laptop was running so slow so checked for updates and sure enough that's what it was needing but due to using a dongle they take forever

Thigh muscles are a tad tender, trying to get back into fitness, maybe 60 squats yesterday in an hour was not a good idea after so long of being away from it all 😳 xx

I had actually forgotten about my phone message to my DSN before the Bank Holiday but, she just called me back & confirmed what I’d figured out: keep Tresiba the same except when BS is dropping & swing the NR doses instead! 🙂 So, I wrote an extra info note to that effect on my prescription online form & ordered an extra box, had one ready to be picked up now, on Tuesday with my usual weekend ordering & it’s been approved but, not ready to be picked up yet!

Only JUST discovered last weekend by pure fluke that I can see all of my past history of repeat prescriptions along with a whole host of other features that I never knew existed by logging on & then load the page again from my bookmarks: remember the time when I had difficulty getting the website to load at all in the change from iOS 12 to 13 & having to use my old iPhone 6, with a dying battery, on iOS 12 to access the site to order prescriptions; I kept mentioning it in the info box & eventually that problem was solved as I’m now on iOS 15! I never knew all this available to me by just reloading the page after logging in! I need never to guess or forget ordering something again & see when things are approved & when they’re ready at the chemist! 🙄:D

I only reloaded the page last weekend when I took too long to word concisely enough what I needed to say in the extra info box & I found all these extra things on the site! 😳

Oooooh i'm drooling! I do miss that....and crusty white uncut bread with thick butter and jam! I know with insulin i could have it but it just spikes me too much so i don't.

I’m the same in the evenings @khskel. 😳 I have to “mid-meal bolus” otherwise I crash then skyrocket. Even doing this, I sometimes crash...ffleurggh. Have you worked out why? I don’t really understand, and my DSN was stumped too. You’re right, it’s a b****r!
I put it down to being a creonista with colitis but I could of course be totally wrong.

Evening
Have you had the biblical weather? From my lofty 7th floor perch I watched the rain tanking down and heard the thunder claps. Still on the ward I'm having a p.e.t scan tomorrow and my oncology team are dropping by at some point I don't want to go into to much detail I'll freak out and lose my s**t and we can't have that!! off the insulin and the fluids so at least I'm free to wander a bit and can' be away from some of the hustle and bustle i get a bit of a sensory overload in here there's always so much going on its tough balancing my mental and physical needs when I'm like this so quiet spaces and pauses in the din around me helps me recenter and gets the stupid clown back in his cage. I'm really racking up the frequent flyer miles in here at the moment that's for sure I think one more and I'll get a free knee op or a new pair of hips {sorry silly humour} it's a total 3 star review on trip advisor that's for sure I'm in Dire need of a proper cuppa and a vape
Anyhoo back to instatutional living I must amble.
Keep smiling all
Griff

Back