Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all and it was a 4.1 and two tabs of dextrose for me.

Slightly sore lip today as I spent 1 1/2 trying various clarinet mouthpieces and then straight to rehearsal. Must keep up with regular playing to keep.my lip in.

Review went well. Keep on keeping on was the outcome.

Washing's out on the line so brew time.

Have a good day everyone.

Your weird hand sounds similar to something I used to get, it was like a cramp when my fingers would go stiff and distorted with the little finger cramping up under the other fingers. I often happened if my hands were cold and I had been doing something where I had been gripping something. It needed running and manipulating to get it back. I used to freak out my work colleagues when it happened. It only very occasionally happens now, I never mentioned it to anybody so have no idea what it was.
Trigger finger? See NHS website on the condition. I recall someone on DSF had it, but I can't recall what happened about it.

Lovely day again today!

A very disappointing 9.9 first thing after a 4.0 at 5:15 when I took a Dextrose and about 2/5ths of a stem ginger cookie. Woken again just after 5:30 with a 4.2 and had another Dextrose, at which point it shot up and stayed in the 9s with a flat line. Just cannot get it right since I've been on the Omnipod. I used to get flat lines in the 5s regularly on the Combo. Ho hum.

Had a nice day out in St Ives with a friend and all the walking (round shops) should have reduced BGs but didn't. All I bought was a card for our friend's 40th Anniv. A painting of 2 lobsters entitled "Mates for Life"... well, they are red and a 40th anniv is Ruby! Not nearly as many tourists as we expected and it was easy to get a table for lunch.... Moules Mariniere and the biggest tranch of foccacia I have seen in my life... needless to say I left more than half of it.

@CarolA welcome to the thread.

@eggyg and @Lucyr happy holidays!

Morning

8.4 today, yesterday evening I was like the carb monster, I ate crisps, crackers, not sure if the carb cravings are due to the depression and high dose of antidepressants. Very tired today and have a lovely long shift until about 10pm tonight.

@eggyg - have a lovely holiday

Trigger finger? See NHS website on the condition. I recall someone on DSF had it, but I can't recall what happened about it.
I used to get the odd occurrence of something like this I think.
My hand would cramp up into a weird claw type of shape and be really painful but then it would subside.
Not had it for ages thankfully.

Morning

8.4 today, yesterday evening I was like the carb monster, I ate crisps, crackers, not sure if the carb cravings are due to the depression and high dose of antidepressants. Very tired today and have a lovely long shift until about 10pm tonight.

@eggyg - have a lovely holiday
Depression always leads to increased cravings for carbs in me.

Hopefully the meds will help and you’ll get the support you need no matter what it is.

Hi folks,

Woke up on 6.9, which was a surprise, I thought it would be higher, because I'm gradually lowering my evening Levemir, and I'd corrected a middle of the night dip. Fell asleep straight after without waiting to check that I hadn't overcooked the correction. Well, I obviously hadn't. That's drifted up to 7.4 as I've been up and about, raising my nicotine levels with vaping and my caffeine levels by drinking a double espresso. The latter will be the cause of that 0.5 lift.

Anyway, happy days are here again - i got a pay rise. Or rather, a rise in my pension. 3.5%, which is nice because that increase more than covers the rise in energy costs. My pension increases with CPI, so next year's rise should be higher. That's because it is an old fashioned gold plated index linked final salary pension, courtesy of the Civil Service. No private company does this kind of pension these days, but you can bet your boots that MPs still have this sort of pension. Of course, they wouldn't dream of raising the State Pension by 3.5%, or state benefits. Wouldn't want the poorly paid, the unemployable folk, oldies, and the disabled getting enough money to live on. |

Anyway, back to the afternoon of snooker and cricket. It's a lovely day today, but not warm enough to eat lunch on the balcony. I'll get my fresh air tomorrow at the Rovers, but that might be a miserable time as it's against Bournemouth, who are looking at automatic promotion to the Premier League.

Oh well, never mind. Have fun in sun, everyone. Get your Vit D levels up, and cast your gloom away🙂

Late on parade…reporting a 7.2 which I’m very happy with. I wasn’t sure what to expect this morning after an afternoon of over correcting and over snacking…yesterday afternoon and evenings libre graph seems to resemble the London skyline with a couple of Shards 🙄. Now that Covid seems to have left me I’m back to sorting out insulin needs…again…ah well.

Met a friend at a little local garden place this morning for a coffee…I was absolutely not going to buy any plants…but do appear to have come home with some…and let’s not talk about my miscalculation for a very nice cheese scone…all settling down again now…phew 🙂

Have a great holiday @eggyg

I’ve settled on really liking them off they’ve been there for years but not encouraging others to buy them for new planting.

When planted en mass they are truly spectacular though.
They grow wild here in the New Forest, but are managed pretty well I think and get regularly cut back.

Any rhododendron and azalea fans will probably know that Exbury Gardens is worth a visit if you’re in the area . I haven’t been for a few years, but hoping to pop along in the next week or so …that’ll be the day it rains.🙂

Your weird hand sounds similar to something I used to get, it was like a cramp when my fingers would go stiff and distorted with the little finger cramping up under the other fingers. I often happened if my hands were cold and I had been doing something where I had been gripping something. It needed rubbing and manipulating to get it back. I used to freak out my work colleagues when it happened. It only very occasionally happens now, I never mentioned it to anybody so have no idea what it was.
Thanks - similar - with me middle finger heads for palm while all the rest stick up. When massaged the hand relaxes and all the finger tangle up and have to be sorted out. It did it about every third stich when hand sewing last seam on eiderdown. Dr looked so like Manuel when asked about it I expected a cry of "che?" Cold doesn't seem to be the precipitating factor. Nice to hear yours has resolved in the main.

Thanks - similar - with me middle finger heads for palm while all the rest stick up. When massaged the hand relaxes and all the finger tangle up and have to be sorted out. It did it about every third stich when hand sewing last seam on eiderdown. Dr looked so like Manuel when asked about it I expected a cry of "che?" Cold doesn't seem to be the precipitating factor. Nice to hear yours has resolved in the main.
That’s exactly what mine does/did. Middle or third finger heads to the palm (can’t recall which one it is) and the rest almost go out straight.
I massage it like crazy when it happens and it’s always eased after a short while.
I’ve never thought about mentioning it to the doctor tbh.

sing hosanna” “ kumbaya my Lord” “ This little light of mine” etc. I hope you’ve all got an ear worm now because I’ve had one all blooming night! :rofl:
And here was me thinking i'd managed to get to the weekend without those ear worms!! Noooooo, i shall have to get the radio on quick. Glad you had a good night. Enjoy your holiday.

That’s exactly what mine does/did. Middle or third finger heads to the palm (can’t recall which one it is) and the rest almost go out straight.
I massage it like crazy when it happens and it’s always eased after a short while.
I’ve never thought about mentioning it to the doctor tbh.
If it was once in way I wouldn't have mentioned it but every other minute or less is a bloody bore. Like having a drunk octopus attached to the wrist. When not sewing/sawing/carving/painting I am rubbing my hands like Uriah Heep. NB must buy more hand-cream - at least it will be a smooth, silky cephalopod.

Morning all from Bonnie Scotland. 8.1! I demanded a stewards enquiry of course, so got the Accu-check out, 8.3! Oops! Too much rice last night me thinks.

Our journey up north was pretty easy, stopped at Luss on the Bonnie, bonnie banks o’ Loch Lomond (Soz, another ear worm) for a break, picnic, walk, wee, in that order. It was beautiful, quite warm, no jackets needed. Although lots of shorts and kilts about, it wasn’t that warm. Arrived at our destination at 4ish, after a £10 five minute ferry! The cottage is amazing, all mod cons, not twee, my pet hate, light and airy and as hot as Hades! Blooming Nora, underfloor heating is difficult to control, plus the sun was blaring through all 14 windows and triple patio doors. I’ve just about cooled down!

Forecast rain today so not sure what we’ll do, maybe a drive to do a recce of the area.

Have a fab day all. 🙂

Here’s the first of the ( not) award winning photos! The view over to Loch Linnhe from the cottage.
Just edited to add another photo.
That’s not something you see every day! Or any day for that matter, if he falls in he’s going to ruin those pleats!

Attachments

• 6BB3FC80-A982-4E70-B5A7-A8D838B1918F.jpeg
    6BB3FC80-A982-4E70-B5A7-A8D838B1918F.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 2D71075D-A0FA-4692-B72B-B35165C9817C.jpeg
    2D71075D-A0FA-4692-B72B-B35165C9817C.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back