Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all.
@GRIFFINLONEWALKER I can't emphasize enough how much I admire your actions yesterday. Or how disgusted I am at those young men. How could anyone think it is OK to stamp on someone's head? He could have killed you. I do hope they are caught and sentenced to a long incarceration. I hope the young girl is OK and send you lots of {{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}

5.9 this morning which is pretty good considering yesterday! It is possibly a good thing I didn't scan too often. A group of 8 of us had a lovely time in the pub garden with the music and pizzas.... well, I had cooked us a substantial lunch of leftover gnocchi/herby veg and 2 stir fried salmon steaks, that pushed me up, but we didn't order food until 5pm and I couldn't fancy a pizza, so I just ordered chips with aoli. Had to send the chips back as they were undercooked and by the time they were replaced everyone at the table had been sneaking dips of my aoli!

Boiled eggs and soldiers for breakfast... and we've planned an early dinner of roast chicken, roast potatoes and I haven't decided what veg yet.... too far to get to @eggyg 's house with the rest of you!

Good morning, I’ve been up for about an hour 6.1 just now.

Shocking reading your post @GRIFFINLONEWALKER what that poor girl went though 😱
good job you were there and so able to help, I hope your soon on the mend following your injuries.

I picked up my new glasses yesterday (varifocals)
so trying them and see how I get on with them, I wore them for most of yesterday afternoon, initially I feel they are going to take some getting used to, and thinking I want bigger lenses -still as I got them from Specsavers’s they come with some kind of trial / guarantee (In case I decide to change them)

Today relaxing watching more James Bond, and more clearing rubbish downstairs in my garage.

Happy Easter Everybody
When I first got varifocals 30 odd years ago they told me you need to get used to moving your eyes not your head, if they don't seem quite right they may just need adjusting so they sit correctly.
I hope you get used to them.

I only have one question. Who do I have to rugby tackle to get a decent brew around here??? I'm gagging for a cup of tetleys that's so strong it melts the teaspoon this bilge water they serve in here is awful. Had two d. I's come see me and took my statement been told the girl who was only 17 is stable and OK she wasn't molested but from what theyve told me it was very close the worst thing is she knows them thats really angered me no person has the right to force themselves in any way onto another human being regardless of sex creed colour or relgion every single one of us should have the privilege of being able to live in peace. They were picked up this morning and are facing attempted rape battery and g.b.h charges as a result of their awful actions yesterday. I'm. Hoping can go visit with the young lady today shes in the same hospital so I just need a ward and a floor number and her parents have asked if they can come see me I'm really not sure how I feel about this all I'm glad I helped and I'm glad I stayed true to my core values but Im not enjoying all the fuss Its caused.
Anyways I'm off to find a cuppa that melts the spoon.
Happy egg day folks
Your friendly nieghbourhoid
Griff

@GRIFFINLONEWALKER if it were either of my two daughters you had gone to help, i would be asking to see you too, just to say thank you. As a parent i would think they are beside themselves with what has happened and are just thankful that someone had the courage to intervene as you did putting yourself in harms way too.
I hope you find a strong cuppa. You deserve one!

Local Tesco is open today. As is the local M&S so I nipped in before I getting in the car, picked up a few bits as I didn’t want to put you to too much trouble obviously!

Here I come!!
View attachment 20675
Did you see me wave at you?? We drove our horses and carriages over the A1M today and I waved to all the traffic passing under the bridge as we went over it. It was such a gorgeous day and we had a really lovely drive.

The pub where we had the meet has a camp site and a lady in one of the caravans was celebrating her 58th birthday today and got all excited when the horses started turning up. (edited to add....she is a horse lover) We invited her to come with Ian and I on our carriage and even though she was booked into the pub for her lunch with family, she jumped at the chance. I let her sit up front with Ian and I stood behind and apparently her jaw was aching from the massive grin on her face the whole time..... personally I think it was from talking, because she never stopped!! 🙄 .... but she really did love every moment of it and she was an absolute delight to have as company. So nice when you can make someone's day extra special with so little effort.

Got back and washed the horse off and then went and sat outside the pub where we were served hot roast beef sarnies and gravy with 2 roasties each. Well it would be rude not to eat them wouldn't it 🙄 and the roasties were gorgeous. I managed to prebolus 5 units 15 mins in advance when my reading was a nice steady 6.2 but my BG still rocketed and 2x 2unit corrections and 3 hours later I am still stuck up at 14.4 and trying to go higher by the look of it, so another 2units now gone in! Arrgh! Eating carbs really just is not good for me, particularly bread! Surely one white roll with beef and 2 roasties can't be that many carbs!! It is ruining my TIR stats.
I'm out for dinner tomorrow again with family and then I will be back on the wagon with my low carbing and relieved to do so. Hate being high like this much more than having hypos as I can deal with them in 10 mins by eating a JB or 2.... not having to jab myself with umpteen injections and wait hours to come down and getting a headache in the mean time! Fiasp is just not interested in doing any work once my levels get above 10.

Last edited:
Evening folks

It was a 9.0 for me this morning

KO'd for 2 hours this afternoon which isn't like me so must've needed it xx

Just to let you know...we had an amazing, lovely day today. Totally unexpected however, very welcome. My wife even went to the beach with me in the afternoon. We had a great time. We even had shared fish and chips, which before was a definite no no as everyone was trying to poison her (apparently). So it was good to see (and taste)

I cooked an evening meal that she really enjoyed too.

So after yesterdays 0/10, today gets a 10/10

She was like when we were first married. However, this roller coaster can be a bit hard on the nerves.

I really must remember this is called waking average ……. And not post in the evening average !!!

6.8 when I awoke at 10.30. Actually slept for 6 hours and didn’t wake up.

Hope all had a nice day and have filled up on chocolate ! …… and insulin !!!

Well done @GRIFFINLONEWALKER. Take it easy.

I really must remember this is called waking average ……. And not post in the evening average !!!

6.8 when I awoke at 10.30. Actually slept for 6 hours and didn’t wake up.

Hope all had a nice day and have filled up on chocolate ! …… and insulin !!!

Well done @GRIFFINLONEWALKER. Take it easy.
Oh, @Bexlee the number of times I’ve posted at ALL hours of the night & it IS waking! :rofl: A dear forum pal @Wirrallass called it “silly o’ clock”!🙄 😉

Well! I’ve thrown in the towel & not being able to get back to sleep after a bathroom trip earlier I tested to eat breakfast Sunday 17th April 2022 23:31 BS 6.5 🙂 Back down again in the 6’s so, pleased about that but, after cooking ramen, out of food I’m afraid, it rose slightly 00:10 BS 7.1 Which is actually a sign of normality: this last week when ill cooking albeit not very strenuous easy stuff has dropped my BS down a bit due to the effort it cost me; woke with my ears clear of the under water feeling & crisp hearing that I noticed right away & now the normal DP rise has returned!🙄

I have a tesco delivery later this morning 11:00 to 12:00 & changed it to some more normal stuff I’ll cook now I actually feel like I have the energy to do so! 🙂 BUT, it wasn’t until I’d finished my ranen & settled down to watch the latest episode on All 4 The Great Big Tiny Design Challenge, about designing rooms for a dolls house, that I saw an intriguing ad for ground coffee in a bag by a company I’d never of before: Taylors by Royal Appointment of Harrowgate; your neck of the woods there, Alan, @Northerner !:confused: Too late to put in my tesco shopping now but, I checked to see if it’s available at my local online store & it is so, I’ve put it in next week’s shop to try out: mixed reviews of 3 out of 4 stars overall; some saying it’s weak for ground coffee & others saying it’s brilliant because of its lack of mess!:confused: It’s ground coffee beans in a mesh bag like teabags but, coffee bags!:confused:o_O🙂 Only the Italian coffee is available in my local online tesco store but, I DO get to try them out; next week!🙄:rofl:😉

An extremely early Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day, Bank Holiday! 😉

Good morning everyone

BG 5.0 a nice round number

Nothing planned for today. I hope we have a repeat of yestrrday for my wife

Have a great day today whatever you get up to

Absolutely full of cold here complete with sore throat and blocked sinuses.
Thought on Saturday that it was hay fever but alas it’s a belter of a cold.
Covid tests are clear so at least it’s not that.

Only thing I ate yesterday, and that was lunchtime, was roasted cod with lentils and roast cherry tomatoes (so simple and so tasty and generally doesn’t wreck BG with the addition of olive oil and it being a small serving of lentils) but woke up at 5am with a temperature and checked BG anyway… 10.0

Checked just now and it’s down to 7.2 thankfully.

Good morning! 5'9

I'm getting the door job more often in the evenings. On one hand, it's less physically active and can get boring. On the other, the after service little jobs are better than the ones for food runners, and more important, I'm not hanging in the kitchen and watching food all the time and I'm not tempted to snack all the time.

@Lanny I've seen these coffee bags and think they are a good idea! We used them sometimes at work for decaff coffee, in the morning we prepare big tanks of regular coffee but there is not enough people ordering decaff to justify making litres of it in advance, so we have the little sachets which are quick and easy. There is also a machine like the ones in Wetherspoons where customers can get their own coffee, decaff or not, but some people prefer to have it served in the table. They also used the sachets for staff coffees for a while.

I've been walking with Spanish Holy week music in my headphones and it feels quite epic :D I always admired the musicians who were able to play at the same time the walked with the procession for hours. By the way, there is a picture of yesterday in my city. No scary pointy hoods 😉 but take a second to appreciate the floral arrangements. IMG-20220417-WA0007.jpg

@ColinUK sorry to hear about your cold, sounds like I’ve given you mine! Calling it a cold seems an underestimate as it really is a belter. Hope you’re improving soon.

9.2 this morning

Good morning 7.1 today

had a bit of a night time low in the early hours (3.4 @ 2:30)
Have a great day everybody 😎

Unfountly 10.9 did think my first easter went okay yesterday until bed time but last night was the nights where corrections didn't seem to do much. I can think of something that may have caused the massive jump in the first place(all I can say us it wasn't good) I will do some background tests next week(im going away for a few days to day and I'm still not completely beter waiting on results for my doctor)

Morning all, 6.8 here at 7.30 am, but went back to sleep for half an hour. 9.5 now! I went for another long walk yesterday, and I had a glass of wine in the evening, so I decided I'd skip my bedtime basal altogether. (It’s normally no more than 3 units, often 1.5 or 2 depending on activities in the day). I still dropped to the top of the red, and pottered along in the low 4s for a while, but then I started a steady climb from 4am.

Back