Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all and back to “normal”, whatever that is! 5.9 after an undisturbed sleep. Hallelujah! Meter and Libre seem to be in sync at last. I did reduce lasts night’s Levemir by another half and I’ve done the same with this morning’s. So a total reduction of two units overall in the last few days. See how it goes.

The sun is shining and I believe it’s going to be a lovely warm day. No Easter dinner today. It was planned, by me, weeks ago, and everyone said yes, of course, that’ll be great etc etc. But when I started making my usual lists of what food to buy etc I was told that a surprise Easter Monday meal out was happening instead, ( the little fibbers) it’s my birthday the following day and the family thought that we’d merge the two celebrations. It’ll be great and I’m looking forward to it ( and not cooking for 13!) So cottage pie for tea today, although there will be three of us as grandson coming to help his grandad plant his seed tatties. #slavelabour.:rofl:

Have a happy Easter Sunday everyone and enjoy it what ever you’re doing. 🙂 I’m ironing and making bread!:D

@GRIFFINLONEWALKER get well soon. I didn’t fully look at your injury as I’m squeamish with eyes, but all I can say is OUCH!

@Gwynn hope your weekend improves.

5.5 this morning for me. 🙂
Wet and more wet forecast for today, so I'll be on my bike later.

Dez

P.S. Just read about your injuries @GRIFFINLONEWALKER
Hope you will recover soon.

Last edited:
Morning all, my turn for the Diabetes fairy, it took 6 jelly babies between 1am and 4am to keep me from continually dropping into the red. I was reading LO at one point, though the Libre always reads lower at the bottom. Like @eggyg , I double checked my insulins to check I hadn’t bolused instead of basaled, but all was as expected. Also like eggy, I hadn’t got the wherewithal to do a fingerprick, I had strips by the bed, but no bodger. Not that it would have told me much, I could feel that I was hypo.Then suddenly after 6am, I started getting my usual dawn rise, and went from 4.3 to 7.5 by 8am.

Last edited:
First things first, Griff you are a hero regardless of whether or not you realise that fact.
Honestly I wouldn’t have intervened in the same way you did. I might have done when I was younger but now I’d have whipped my phone out, dialled 999 and tried to film the assailants to get evidence for the police.
I’d probably have made quite a lot of noise and hoped that’d been enough to scare the guys away but to intervene physically I don’t think my muscles have that good a memory tbh.

Secondly, Elaine if you really want to cook up a feast for a crowd today I’m sure some of us would be quite delighted to pop over!

Lanny, a bit late now but both the Branagh Poirot films are on Disney+
I enjoyed them. Did wonder why R Brand said yes and whether his role was trimmed in editing but loved the whole feel of both and even appreciated the backstory.

Yesterday was fun. Went and played mini golf with a friend and strolled through the park and along the Thames in the afternoon sun stopping for the occasional coffee and admiring the views along the way.

Nothing planned for today other than dealing with my sore throat and summer cold and hoping my BG lowered from the 7.3 it was upon checking earlier.

Good morning - 8.3

A very nice 6.0 and a reasonably straight line in the 5s last night for me but had an excursion into the mid teens before bed after I shared a fish and chip supper with Ian. My levels were very low when I sat down to eat so I didn't prebolus with it being a fatty meal and then when I went to inject half way through I had less than 1 unit in my pen and I was up at his house. I also had to stop in at the horses on the way home and hoped that the exercise would bring it down a bit but kept going up and up. I ended up injecting 2 large-ish (3.5 and 2.5) stacked corrections when I got home at 10.30pm and then just after 11pm when levels continued upwards and then having to sit up and see how they worked out before I could go to sleep. That will teach me to pay more attention to how much insulin is left in my cartridge! Typical that it happened when I was having a higher carb meal!
It is the first (horse) driving club meet of the season today so must get a wriggle on. Hope everyone has a lovely day and the sun shines at some point.

Morning all. Its a 7 for me. Off to the cinema later to see Operation Mincemeat. Have a good day everyone.
@ColinUK i'm with you if we're going up to @eggyg's for food.

It is the first (horse) driving club meet of the season today so must get a wriggle on. Hope everyone has a lovely day and the sun shines at some point.
Horse driving? Do they stick to mane roads?!

Morning all. Its a 7 for me. Off to the cinema later to see Operation Mincemeat. Have a good day everyone.
@ColinUK i'm with you if we're going up to @eggyg's for food.
I’ll get a car sorted and do the rounds to pick everyone up 🙂

Morning all, my turn for the Diabetes fairy, it took 6 jelly babies between 1am and 4am to keep me from continually dropping into the red. I was reading LO at one point, though the Libre always reads lower at the bottom. Like @eggyg , I double checked my insulins to check I hadn’t bolused instead of basaled, but all was as expected. Also like eggy, I hadn’t got the wherewithal to do a fingerprick, I had strips by the bed, but no bodger. Not that it would have told me much, I could feel that I was hypo.Then suddenly after 6am, I started getting my usual dawn rise, and went from 4.3 to 7.5 by 8am.
Sorry Robin! She made good timing getting down to you over the Easter weekend. Glad to see it’s not just me who isn’t “ organised” @rebrascora! Although going out with just one unit of bolus left in your pen! Tut tut! 😉

Horse driving? Do they stick to mane roads?!
Groan!! No Christmas cracker jokes if you’re planning on coming oop north for your tea ( dinner to you southerners). You do realise Tesco et al is shut today, it’ll be freezer roulette! I’ve half a veggie lasagne in the fridge, Cumberland sausages, a piece of smoked haddock, a lone chicken breast and half a pound of steak mince in the freezer! It’ll be like Ready Steady Cook! Although I am making bread at the moment and made chocolate brownies on Thursday. They’re just perfectly squidgy now. We don’t have carbs up north on Sundays! 😉 See you all soon.

Sorry Robin! She made good timing getting down to you over the Easter weekend. Glad to see it’s not just me who isn’t “ organised” @rebrascora! Although going out with just one unit of bolus left in your pen! Tut tut! 😉
In my defense it was an impromtu fish supper, but I spotted last week that the Fiasp cartridge was getting a bit low and then totally forgot about it. I always carry my insulin pens with me everywhere I go so I added a unit to my Levemir dose when my Fiasp pen hit the stop as a bit of damage limitation.... naughty I know, but a late, high fat meal is going to keep giving most of the night and it worked out very well in the end, although I needed 1 JB before I climbed into bed at 1am for a 5.4 with a vertical downward arrow when the Fiasp eventually made headway and brought me down.😱 I think 1 JB was a reasonable adjustment in the circumstances to get the result I did.

5.8 this morning. Super steady day yesterday between 5.2 and 6.9 all day. If only I knew why 🙂

Groan!! No Christmas cracker jokes if you’re planning on coming oop north for your tea ( dinner to you southerners). You do realise Tesco et al is shut today, it’ll be freezer roulette! I’ve half a veggie lasagne in the fridge, Cumberland sausages, a piece of smoked haddock, a lone chicken breast and half a pound of steak mince in the freezer! It’ll be like Ready Steady Cook! Although I am making bread at the moment and made chocolate brownies on Thursday. They’re just perfectly squidgy now. We don’t have carbs up north on Sundays! 😉 See you all soon.
Local Tesco is open today. As is the local M&S so I nipped in before I getting in the car, picked up a few bits as I didn’t want to put you to too much trouble obviously!

Here I come!!
00143F9F-63B1-4809-B257-E7BC2829513B.jpeg

11.1 this morning, though I was a bit lower earlier on, looks like it drifts up a bit in the mornings.

Have bought some libre sensors and found the app Shuggah for iOS which reads them as a cgm no scanning.

Attachments

• 997441D4-423C-4C76-B070-FDA329563D60.png
    997441D4-423C-4C76-B070-FDA329563D60.png
    71 KB · Views: 4
In my defense it was an impromtu fish supper, but I spotted last week that the Fiasp cartridge was getting a bit low and then totally forgot about it. I always carry my insulin pens with me everywhere I go so I added a unit to my Levemir dose when my Fiasp pen hit the stop as a bit of damage limitation.... naughty I know, but a late, high fat meal is going to keep giving most of the night and it worked out very well in the end, although I needed 1 JB before I climbed into bed at 1am for a 5.4 with a vertical downward arrow when the Fiasp eventually made headway and brought me down.😱 I think 1 JB was a reasonable adjustment in the circumstances to get the result I did.
I’ll let you off then, but don’t let it happen again! 😉
We went walking to the seaside one day and we always get fish and chips. This one particular day, I sat in the car whilst Mr Eggy went in chippy, I don’t bolus for F & Cs until I start eating and then I split it. Mr Eggy got back in the car with the food, it was then that I realised I hadn’t brought my diabetes kit! We were a 50 minute drive home. I ate half and we drove home, tested and injected, no ill effects at all. All hail fatty food! :rofl:

Good morning, I’ve been up for about an hour 6.1 just now.

Shocking reading your post @GRIFFINLONEWALKER what that poor girl went though 😱
good job you were there and so able to help, I hope your soon on the mend following your injuries.

I picked up my new glasses yesterday (varifocals)
so trying them and see how I get on with them, I wore them for most of yesterday afternoon, initially I feel they are going to take some getting used to, and thinking I want bigger lenses -still as I got them from Specsavers’s they come with some kind of trial / guarantee (In case I decide to change them)

Today relaxing watching more James Bond, and more clearing rubbish downstairs in my garage.

Happy Easter Everybody

Good morning people. 6'8, and Levemir sting for longer than usual :/

Tinder meeting yesterday was quite nice after the initial awkwardness. Told my big gossip colleague that I have the app, he told the manager (of course he did lol) and now they are both joking and asking if I have a new girlfriend every week. They can be a little bit annoying but we also have a laugh when we are not busy. I wish my private life was as interesting as they suggest :rofl:

Back