Group 7-day waking average?

Hey Griff, how about gifting your unwanted chocolates to Selena to show your appreciation.... without having to tell her she is cool 😎
Morning gang 17 flat today
Great idea Barbara.. But to do that I need to drop the whole Hairy old gruff tattooed roadie thing and be gentle and nice (I'm kidding.) never thunked about that at all.... @Gwynn you can borrow my hellhound If you like.... I'm currently being forced to play tug I'm not even allowed to drink my first brew of the day!!! She's little nonstop dynamo.todays entertainment will be clipping her nails and getting her to stand still long enough for a flea dose.
I think Ive made a turn on the kidney battle the pains down to a tolerable level antibiotics are a godsend sometimes.
Hope everyone who's still feeling gak starts to feel better soon
Stay hydrated folks....
Griff

Morning

Joining @Lanny with 7.1 today

I'm jealous of all of you with warmer weather, Thursday I managed to sit most of the day without a jumper on but yesterday was back to being rather chilly and doesn't look too great today either xx

Morning

8.6 today, but forgot to take my meds last night so could be why. Today I will be finishing the cake, making two types of cheesecake and finishing the housework.

Have a lovely day

Good morning - 6.6

I seem to vaguely remember that the "trapped" basal and later release is more often associated with Lantus due the the crystalline nature of it or something.... but I could be wrong and I am sure you have more knowledge than me on that with running DSF.
In my case it was definitely Levemir. I was only on Lantus for a few months, but I was definitely on Levemir for years prior to pumping. I’ll ask @trophywench, but pretty sure she was in Levemir too.

Though I wouldn’t dismiss your theory on Lantus.

Another late good morning all.

Not quite as rough a night as the night before. Libre alarm woke me at 2am. 3.6 going down, that was after a precautionary doorstep slice of homemade white bread at 10.45 ( BGs were 7.4). BG metre showed 5.9! Who do I trust? Libre then showed 4.2, no sign of red line. Compression low perhaps. Laid awake for half an hour debating whether to have anything to eat. 2.30am, Libre showing 4.1, metre still 5.9 I had a mini bag of Squashies ( yuk), they’re about 13grms carbs. Took awhile to get back to sleep, sugar rush! Woke at 5.30am, 4.7. Then 7.20am, 4.5. Back to sleep and woke after nine o’clock to a blooming 5.2!!!! I tell you though, it wasn’t worth the disturbed night. :(

What do my fellow Libre users trust? Libre or BG meter?

I’ve reduced my daytime basal by half this morning. Still went low at just before teatime yesterday after a five mile walk, we also had a woodland walk and the anemones were beautiful @Robin. I had the last piece of Kendal mint cake, it’s been open since December, at 5pm. At 7pm when meal was ready I was 3.8! Then 3.5, 3.3 eventually got up to 4.7. Had a very carb heavy meal and my ratio was 1:20. Definitely think the warmer weather affecting it. That never used to happen, I would just coast along all year without much change.

Ah well, you take the rough with the smooth. Wonder what today will bring?

Have a great day folks. 🙂

Attachments

• 9E48AC18-EA76-40E5-90BC-660485D4111E.jpeg
    9E48AC18-EA76-40E5-90BC-660485D4111E.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 2
Morning all,

5.9 today (finger prick).

Tried to secure my libre for better readings but to no avail so ended up removing and replacing it and going to wait at least 24 hours before activation.

So will have to make do with good old fashioned finger pricks today. Good job I stocked up before Easter!

Have a good day everyone 🙂

8.0 with an upward sloping arrow when I first woke up after being nice and steady in the 6s all night (thanks Dawn!) Injected Levemir and a correction and went back to sleep and woke up on a much better 6.6. Slept much better and feel fine today so not sure what the problem was the night before. Had a lovely girly night in with my friend last night catching up.
I will be cutting my tongue out tomorrow no doubt but I am loving how stable my levels are at the moment! Got my basal just spot on this last week with just a 0.5-1 unit tweak here and there. It makes life so much easier when it D behaves.

@eggyg Definitely trust finger prick BG over Libre every time but trust how you feel above both and retest if either of them don't agree with your body. Hope your levels settle down soon and you get some plain sailing.

@GRIFFINLONEWALKER You could always label the chocolates up from the "hell hound" and sign it with a paw print to save your gruff image from being tarnished. 😉

@Lucyr Really sorry to read that you are struggling with your health again. Hope you are feeling better soon.

@eggyg Congrats on the HS but sorry you had no sleep.

I trust how i am feeling with the meter confirming. The libre is a fantastic tool and i'd be lost without it when at work or out walking. I find for me, if the libre graph and TIR isn't showing good results, i often feel a failure in my management. Lately i've had a couple of sensors that haven't been anywhere near accurate. Just trust in how you feel and check it with your meter.

Oh and forgot to to say CONGRATS to @eggyg on your House Special this morning although I did wonder how many bites at the cherry you are prepared to take to get there.... 🙄 😉. Hope you aren't feeling too rough after 2 disrupted night's sleep.

Morning all and a near miracle of a 6.5 this morning. Late evening hypo that wouldn't shift despite glucose and oatcakes with golden syrup on. Graph tells me it shifted about 1 this morning.

Have a good day everyone.

Another late good morning all.

Not quite as rough a night as the night before. Libre alarm woke me at 2am. 3.6 going down, that was after a precautionary doorstep slice of homemade white bread at 10.45 ( BGs were 7.4). BG metre showed 5.9! Who do I trust? Libre then showed 4.2, no sign of red line. Compression low perhaps. Laid awake for half an hour debating whether to have anything to eat. 2.30am, Libre showing 4.1, metre still 5.9 I had a mini bag of Squashies ( yuk), they’re about 13grms carbs. Took awhile to get back to sleep, sugar rush! Woke at 5.30am, 4.7. Then 7.20am, 4.5. Back to sleep and woke after nine o’clock to a blooming 5.2!!!! I tell you though, it wasn’t worth the disturbed night. :(

I’ve reduced my daytime basal by half this morning. Still went low at just before teatime yesterday after a five mile walk, we also had a woodland walk and the anemones were beautiful @Robin. I had the last piece of Kendal mint cake, it’s been open since December, at 5pm. At 7pm when meal was ready I was 3.8! Then 3.5, 3.3 eventually got up to 4.7. Had a very carb heavy meal and my ratio was 1:20. Definitely think the warmer weather affecting it. That never used to happen, I would just coast along all year without much change.

Ah well, you take the rough with the smooth. Wonder what today will bring?

Have a great day folks. 🙂
BG meter for sure. I know my libre often reads low. I often wait for 2 level results on my libre 30 minutes apart then finger prick to give me a yard stick.
5.8 this morning BGM was 5.4 so this one is as good as they get it can be a pain when the alarm goes off in the night and you are really in the 5’s but wouldn’t be with out it.

Morning all - a very grey one again, but yesterday's grey morning turned to afternoon sunshine so hoping for the same today. The local pub are having an "event" this afternoon with 2 good local groups to celebrate the opening of their newly refurbished and remodelled outside area, complete with an outside kitchen and wood oven. Looking forward to going with several friends. It is such a nice village to live in with a great community spirit.

So... a very disappointing 8.9 this morning after a strange night. A loooong hypo last night before bed (is this catching @eggyg and @khskel ?), that resisted tea with sugar and all manner of hypo treatments. At midnight when I went to bed I put "suspend insulin" on my Omnipod for half an hour. At 2 am I was woken by an alarm and a warning asking if I would like to "resume insulin". I had assumed that it would automatically resume after the half hour suspension I had set. Shrug!

@Elenka_HM fab photos of rather scary people! FWIW my Spanish teacher at night-school was from Wales, I took my friend from Madrid to one of the lessons and she commented what an excellent Madrilenian accent he had.

@eggyg CONGRATS on the HS.

@Lucyr huge hugs again, get well soon!

@Elenka_HM fab photos of rather scary people!
The people in the pointy hats are called "capirotes" and are a big symbol of this, they sell figurines of them in the souvenir shops. But mind you, some of them have posters in the windows saying "Typical Spanish Holy week- Not KKK". I understand there has been some bad confusions with foreign tourists. Especially if you see the ones in white carrying a massive cross... Capirotes come in all colours actually.

IMG-20220415-WA0013.jpg
Then you have "nazarenos", that are not that scary. Some are actually very cute! Look at the little one:
Screenshot_2022-04-16-11-32-41-263_com.android.chrome.jpg

By the way, I was 6'6 this morning and I am meeting someone from Tinder today. It's the first time I meet in real life with someone from an app. Wish me luck! :D

Thanks all. I felt deep down meter was probably right as I felt fine. But there’s that little niggle of what if I am really hypo? I’m fine through the day as I can keep checking but when you’re in bed and you just want to sleep it’s a different matter. I really, really hate eating sugary sweets at any time but especially through the night. Fingers crossed the Libre sorts itself out today, day 3. Need a decent night’s sleep.

By the way, I was 6'6 this morning and I am meeting someone from Tinder today. It's the first time I meet in real life with someone from an app. Wish me luck! :D
Best of luck with your date.
I did internet dating about 15 years ago and met some really interesting people. It was a very positive experience and I learned a lot about myself in meeting other people like that. Ultimately I met the right person through a mutual friend but I have no regrets about using dating sites. Hope it goes really well and you have a great time.

BG meter for sure. I know my libre often reads low. I often wait for 2 level results on my libre 30 minutes apart then finger prick to give me a yard stick.
5.8 this morning BGM was 5.4 so this one is as good as they get it can be a pain when the alarm goes off in the night and you are really in the 5’s but wouldn’t be with out it.
I agree with you, i wouldn't be without it. I find it reassuring that i can scan at work quickly and discreetly without having to finger prick. My last two though have been so far out, sometimes double what i've been on a finger prick. Luckily Abbott replaced them. I applied a new one yesterday, its reading 1-1.3 above the meter so hopefully it will continue like this or get more accurate as it beds in. Fingers crossed.

Just went out for lunch at a very nice Italian restaurant.

It was a little on the expensive side but I can see why…the food was absolutely to die for and the service was top notch! All very professional and timely.

Will definitely be going back and almost makes me want to move to Italy - I adore Italian cuisine! 🙂

Meter meter meter ! Bearing in mind if I want the bolus wizard on my pump to work, it isn't actually on the pump it is on the handset/meter - and there is no way of conveying BG from another device to either the handset or pump - I use the meter to test my BG more or less whatever the Libre says.

Incidentally, you know this 'pooling insulin' business? Well they discovered this before they even invented Lantus, but it is fair to say it became a helluva lot more common so noticeable once Lantus had been in use for a while. (One of the things they always knew, bit like viruses causing T1, which I'd been on Lantus a few years before swapping to Levemir so although I also was using Lev when this happened, because pooled insulin can stay there for literally years (either 7 or 11, can't remember) before deciding to release, so as far as I'm aware it could still happen anytime with any insulin!

Back