Group 7-day waking average?

Oooh shoes as well! Nice!! I much prefer shopping for shoes, at least i know what size i am :rofl:. I hope you enjoyed your lunch.
Haha yes, definitely easier!

The main issue I have with jeans is the length. I have rather short legs so have to go for pairs that say ‘short’ otherwise they’re too long for me!

I had a lovely lunch thank you, fry up and pancakes…very naughty but I carb counted it meticulously and as a result the BGs have behaved themselves pretty well

The main issue I have with jeans is the length. I have rather short legs so have to go for pairs that say ‘short’ otherwise they’re too long for me
I know what you mean. My legs are short but mostly short jeans/trousers are just slightly too short so when i sit down they rise up to show my bottom calves :rofl:. I have to go for regular and put up with them being slightly long.

Well done on managing your levels.

Oh great, another thing to think about! I love your description of being an all day buffet - I'm the same but fortunately where we are on Harris there's nearly always a breeze. We can see a small wind turbine out of our front door and we call it the midgometer! I do rent our cottage out (fully booked this year but still got space next). If you can private message me on here I'll send you a link to the website.
Sent you a PM.

I know what you mean. My legs are short but mostly short jeans/trousers are just slightly too short so when i sit down they rise up to show my bottom calves :rofl:. I have to go for regular and put up with them being slightly long.

Well done on managing your levels.
Even those which are crop are sometimes too long or a silly length. As for anything with a design at the bottom, forget it.

Even those which are crop are sometimes too long or a silly length. As for anything with a design at the bottom, forget it.
I've given up on crop :rofl:

I can NEVER buy trousers for me in the UK & only buy them, when I was younger & slimmer as sizes are TINY, when in Hong Kong! That’s why I rarely wear them & I’m all about dresses & jackets! I routinely add another inside hem by just folding it over on the inside on jacket sleeves of about 2 to 4 inches, for petite or regular, to be hand stitched & found it MUCH more difficult to hem trousers by THAT much as they’re usually tapered & it just didn’t look right! So, I got into the habit of wearing dresses either sleeveless shift, short sleeves or 3/4 length sleeves: LOVE the 3/4 length as that is almost full length on my shorter arms! Us Chinese ladies are generally shorter of limbs that you Western ladies & that’s what we have to do routinely: even petite is still a bit longer on us; just less so & why I buy petite whenever I can!

Morning folks and 8 for me today. Another thrilling day at work but then 5 days off - goodo. Have a good day all xx

Good morning
a slightly more respectable 6.4 today

have a great day everybody 😎

Went to bed on a 4.6 and woke up on 7.2 although I’m sure it’ll come down over the next few hours as per usual.

La Traviata at the ROH last night was fabulous. Moved to a very decent seat and enjoyed every single note.
Violeta was played by Angel Blue who was remarkable. I’m tempted to see Lohengrin next even with the issues surrounding Wagner.

Morning all. An early 5.7 today. Laid awake since 5.20 so decided to get up although I’ve nowhere to go and no one to see! I think I’ll pop a loaf in the bread maker ( well the makings of a one) and bake brownies as daughter and baby coming for lunch. We won’t be babysitting on Friday as it’s a bank holiday so at least we can get our Zara fix!

Been experimenting for a week or so with reducing my morning Levemir, just by half a unit, as I’m going far too low in the afternoon which makes it difficult to bolus correctly for my evening meal and ending up needing to eat before bed. Wasn’t quite as low yesterday and I reduced teatime basal but still only 6 before bed with insulin on board. So had to eat again. Halfed a hot cross bun with Mr Eggy. I had the bottom thinner half, still 20grms of carbs. See graph below, can you see where I had it? No, me neither. Am I cured? Have I grown a new pancreas overnight? It’s been the same for about a week, whatever I snack on doesn’t budge that line. I suppose I must have my evening Levemir spot on? Any thoughts? I’m not complaining, just curious. :confused:

Anyhoo, enough of me, have a wonderful Wednesday, not long until the lovely long weekend. TBF my whole week is a long weekend! That’s the only thing I miss about being retired, the bank holidays! :rofl:

Attachments

• 2B582A50-8959-46D7-B34B-5861EE3D4AA5.jpeg
    2B582A50-8959-46D7-B34B-5861EE3D4AA5.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 9
Good morning everyone.

BG 4.8 fine

I was getting very worried as I hadn't heard from my sister for ages and she had not responded to my texts. I was beginning to think the worst too. Thankfully, late yesterday she finally replied. Incredible relief from me. I had not realised just how important she is to me!! I had started to find it difficult to sleep worrying too much and I never find it difficult to sleep. Anyway, she got in touch by text ( it is how we communicate as my deafness makes telephones difficult) and it was the first time she has ever meantioned ferling old. Sigh. Getting old stinks!!!

I will probably not go out for much of a walk today as it is too cold out there.

My wife seemed a bit worse yesterday and will not leave the house ( I can't actually blame her with the cold weather!)

A bit of food shopping to do today. I would normally do it with my wife but she won't leave the house. And that makes me feel quite depressed sadly.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

18.5 today I'm not overly stressed about it as I'm waging war with the old kidney infection feel pretty ropey not arguing with the quack around the whole bed rest thing today hellhound is being walked by the dog walker carer will be in shortly to do her thing so I guess I'll just do as I'm told for a change
Hope everyone has a good day
Griff

Gooood morning! 4.8 here - snap! @Gwynn.

Last day of Welsh revision course today. We finished off yesterday with an hour-long history of Welsh pop music, which was very roughly presented (like a chat with some bloke down the pub LOL) but really interesting...had a good ol’ dawnsio!

And the pump clinic DSN rang - it’s full steam ahead, yippee! I just have to decide which one’s for me, so I’ll be scouring the forum for info - first stop is @Lily123’s thread (approx 400 replies, eek).

🙂:D😎

Morning all. A surprising 11.1 for me! After yesterday being 100% in target its a bit of a surprise. An hour before bed i was trundling along the low 4s so i had a handful of peanuts. Bedtime was 7.1 but the libre shows i've been in the 11s all night. Oh well, only 3 more days of this sensor, hopefully thr next one will be more accurate. This is ok when you're in target but raises massively if you hit the high 11s.

Doing the washing and an eye screening for me today. I'd arranged it so i could walk there and hubby would be able to pick me up after work but they've rearranged the time so now i have to walk back or try and get a bus.

Have a good day whatever you are up to.

7.6. I can probably stop doing a test in the night now to make sure a correction if i do one has come down(thd reason I was doing because of a few times in the past where it seemed like it hadn't so it seemed logical to me) but it seems in verbally does at the moment.

Hi all,

6.2 this morning.

Pleased with that after I went to bed on a 12.3 following dinner. I did meticulously carb count everything I ate so it’s reassuring to see that I must’ve got it right!

Not much to report today, should be doing assignment and other paperwork but may well end up going for a day out again!

Have a good day everyone 🙂

Back