Group 7-day waking average?

The best fitting trousers I've found recently, well relatively recently, have been Mantaray which were Debenhams. I have been able to buy on line still. Not easy to find things for short a...s. like me 5ft and a very important bit, only.
I used to be 5ft 2ins but I’ve definitely shrunk. Either that or Mr Eggy has started wearing platform shoes! My youngest daughter is 5ft and a bit, I’m going to go back to back with her when she comes tomorrow.

Morning all

6.9 this morning, after having to correct a 3.8 at 02:26. Disappointed hubby as I didn't feel up to cooking dinner last night (probably from pigging crisps with a sour cream and chive dip to ward off a hypo) and we compromised with beans on toast and some cold meat.

@Michael12421 HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am an April baby too. Unlike you and @eggyg I am the first day of Taurus rather than Aries like yourselves. Hubby is 2nd day of Taurus. Obviously our parents were making the best of the August Bank Holiday!

@freesia, @eggyg et al... So agree about jeans! There are hardly I even want to try on with all those ripped knees! For years I have worn Sainsbury's straight leg jeans in 12 short. They've been out of stock for ages but I got an email and so I ordered 2 pairs online, only to discover that the waists were 2" smaller than they used to be. I measured them against the previous pair... so will now have to look elsewhere... I will bear Matalan in mind (have a coupon for 10% off.... rubs hands!)

Morning all

6.9 this morning, after having to correct a 3.8 at 02:26. Disappointed hubby as I didn't feel up to cooking dinner last night (probably from pigging crisps with a sour cream and chive dip to ward off a hypo) and we compromised with beans on toast and some cold meat.

@Michael12421 HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am an April baby too. Unlike you and @eggyg I am the first day of Taurus rather than Aries like yourselves. Hubby is 2nd day of Taurus. Obviously our parents were making the best of the August Bank Holiday!

@freesia, @eggyg et al... So agree about jeans! There are hardly I even want to try on with all those ripped knees! For years I have worn Sainsbury's straight leg jeans in 12 short. They've been out of stock for ages but I got an email and so I ordered 2 pairs online, only to discover that the waists were 2" smaller than they used to be. I measured them against the previous pair... so will now have to look elsewhere... I will bear Matalan in mind (have a coupon for 10% off.... rubs hands!
I find Mark’s jeans very variable. I have a perfect pair of dark denim, 12 short, mid rise, skinny. Grabbed a black pair a while later, didn’t try them on, after a few hours of wear they hung down in the crotch area and the knees were baggy! After quite a few washes they’ve tightened up a bit but I hardly wear them as they still don’t feel right.

@eggyg and @Pattidevans its really frustrating that in the same shop, the same size jeans are all different sizes. The straight ones i bought were great, the mom ones wouldn't do up and a pair of relaxed skinnies were way too big! They were all the same size so should have had the same waist measurement. Thats why i don't like buying online, i've no idea of the size i am any more. I've got tops in my wardrobe that range from a 10-12 up to an 18 but they fit, doesn't make sense.

@eggyg and @Pattidevans its really frustrating that in the same shop, the same size jeans are all different sizes. The straight ones i bought were great, the mom ones wouldn't do up and a pair of relaxed skinnies were way too big! They were all the same size so should have had the same waist measurement. Thats why i don't like buying online, i've no idea of the size i am any more. I've got tops in my wardrobe that range from a 10-12 up to an 18 but they fit, doesn't make sense.
I’m the same, it’s frustrating isn’t it? I wear clothes from 10-16, I just ignore sizes now, as long as it fits. A lot of shops do vanity sizing to make us feel better about our selves but it doesn’t. Back in the day, 70s, I was 6.5 stone when I met Mr Eggy. I had to run around the shower to get wet! :rofl: I wore a size 10 in everything. I’m 10.5 stone now and can squeeze into 10 leggings but prefer a 12, 14 is usually too big. Tops 12/14 depending on shape. How does that work?

@Elenka_HM There are 2.54cm per inch. 5ft = 152.4cm.

There are 14 lbs to 1 stone. 2.2lbs per kilo.

So, an example, I am 5ft 3" which means I am 160.02cm high. I am 10st.2lbs, so that's 64.41 kilos.
Thanks for the explanation. It was just lazy me not doing a quick search on Google, I've been meaning to look it up for ages! We are roughly the same height! I'll calculate my weight when I am a bit more awake :D

I found out my waist and shoe UK sizes a while ago. But as you said, for the clothes, we can never trust this in different shops, can we?

Thanks for the explanation. It was just lazy me not doing a quick search on Google, I've been meaning to look it up for ages! We are roughly the same height! I'll calculate my weight when I am a bit more awake :D

I found out my waist and shoe UK sizes a while ago. But as you said, for the clothes, we can never trust this in different shops, can we?
Sorry, important thing I left off... there are 12 inches to 1 ft. I was brought up with the old imperial measures... but am quite used to using metric now. When I make curtains I use both measures! Length in cm, width in inches! How confusing is that????

Afternoon

It was 6.something for me before breakfast this morning

Absolutely baltic here, idiot neighbours are leaving the closey door pinned wide open all night again which means the house gets absolutely freezing, they may be able to put the heating on as much as they want however we can't afford to, no thought for anyone else round here 🙄

@freesia glad you've managed to get a nice pair of jeans, I spent a lot of time the last 5 years in joggers as I couldn't get jeans to be snug around my bum and waist, thankfully 8's fit me fine these days! xx

thankfully 8's fit me fine these days!
I've always been on the curvy/larger size and struggled with clothes, i never felt anything fitted nicely or was flattering. Being only 5'1" (the 1" is very important) i always felt i looked "round". When i was diagnosed T1 i'd lost so much weight i knew i looked ill but for the first time ever, i felt more confident wearing clothes. Since my weight has gone back up i'm struggling again. I don't want to go back to how i was before diagnosis as i looked so ill and unhealthy but i would like the confidence in how i look back.

Afternoon a bit late but better late than never, 4.8 this morning. I ate pretty badly yesterday as in I hardly ate and my reading was up to 9.2 last night my highest for a couple of weeks. Still trying to get my head around the best meals to eat to keep my levels consistent. Have a good afternoon all!

@Michael12421 a very Happy Birthday to you and so glad your freezer has arrived, a bonus for your birthday. Just need to get that blooming heating fixed now. Enjoy your day.
@Elenka_HM you're giving your age away not knowing imperial. I can’t fathom anything other than old measurements.
@eggyg i have the opposite problem in that often jeans or trousers are too short and become ankle swingers and they sag around my bum, not the best of looks

We’re off to the Scottish Highlands. Cottage on the shore of Loch Linnhe on the Ardamurchan peninsula side. Can’t wait. Lots of walking, birdwatching, peace and quiet. Two whole weeks.
Lovely! We spend a lot of time on the Isle of Harris - I'm already counting the days until I'm back there in June.

Ooh that sounds exciting. Has hubby spotted Joaquin? Has he popped into the local Coop for a meal deal? :rofl:
Sadly not! Although we did film him him from a long way off yesterday we think (although it could have been a stunt double!). Just waiting until the film comes out next year to see if we can see my bright turquoise jacket in the far distance :rofl::rofl:

Lovely! We spend a lot of time on the Isle of Harris - I'm already counting the days until I'm back there in June.
We desperately wanted to go to Harris, left it too late to get something suitable and for a decent price. The prices were absolutely shocking. I can’t go to west Scotland after May as I’m a all inclusive buffet for midges and always end up with infectious bites. Please be careful now you’re spleenless.

We desperately wanted to go to Harris, left it too late to get something suitable and for a decent price. The prices were absolutely shocking. I can’t go to west Scotland after May as I’m a all inclusive buffet for midges and always end up with infectious bites. Please be careful now you’re spleenless.
Oh great, another thing to think about! I love your description of being an all day buffet - I'm the same but fortunately where we are on Harris there's nearly always a breeze. We can see a small wind turbine out of our front door and we call it the midgometer! I do rent our cottage out (fully booked this year but still got space next). If you can private message me on here I'll send you a link to the website.

@Elenka_HM you're giving your age away not knowing imperial. I can’t fathom anything other than old measurements.
I'm 25 but in my case, it's not an age issue. I'm from Spain and we didn't use Imperial units there 🙂

Morning everyone. 4.9 for me. Today i have the dentist then got to go shopping for jeans :( . I hate shopping for jeans and bras. Its the constant undress, try on, doesn't fit/not right, get dressed, find more, undress, try on......cycle. Because i'm short and curvy (hubby's word not mine, mine is fat) i struggle to find jeans that fit properly. Needs must though so i shall brave it this morning.

@rebrascora nicely done.
@sg295 its a mistake we all make sometimes. I struggle to get the bolus right for chinese food, always ending up with a later spike or a hypo.
@Michael12421 Happy Birthday!!! Get some fast acting glucose in you quickly!

Have a good day everyone. Its datk cloud here and forecasting rain. Hope its dry wherever you are.
@freesia

Joined you on the jeans shopping today!

Ended up treating myself and buying some new jeans and a couple of new pairs of shoes, as well as going out for lunch

@freesia

Joined you on the jeans shopping today!

Ended up treating myself and buying some new jeans and a couple of new pairs of shoes, as well as going out for lunch
Oooh shoes as well! Nice!! I much prefer shopping for shoes, at least i know what size i am :rofl:. I hope you enjoyed your lunch.

Back