Group 7-day waking average?

05:14 BS 8.2 🙂 OK! I’ll take that over hypo any day of the week!🙄:D In reading over my waking posts yesterday I realise how my thinking was COMPLETELY OFF! All I cared about, having not slept yet after all the excitement, was my golf report!😳🙄 Gone ahead nonchalantly went ahead & started typing as I didn’t feel anything then, when I felt it & making so many typos, I was screaming at myself in frustration, remembered I’m hypo so, stopped screaming at myself but, still carried on & only stopped when the exhaustion hit me! I was a perfect example of a muddled hypo brain stuck on a one track mindset & all f you were SO kind NOT to point THAT out to me!😳🙄:rofl:😉

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day all you kind & lovely lot! 😉

Well, the golf is over, for now, & I’m not Little Miss Distracted & Crazy Golf Fan no longer! 🙄:rofl:😉

Watched the last 2 ever episodes of Killing Eve on iPlayer just released yesterday & after 4 series I’ll miss this wacky tv series! And it’s even better this time to watch it with the podcast duo that have moved from audio only to “see their faces” as one of them put it Obsessed with Killing Eve! I have to say the ending was a complete surprise to me! I won’t say anymore in case you’ve been watching, as I have, & haven’t seen the ending yet! 😱😛😎:rofl:😉

8.2 this morning after hubby made tea, the usual egg and chips! Popped into Brighton yesterday to try and get some bits for holiday but only got hair bobbles and a sun hat - still hubby got a new bits so not a wasted journey.
Have a good one all xx

Good morning a shocking 9.0 for me today 😱

had both eyes treated again late yesterday afternoo, the consultant has put me down another three injections over the next 24 weeks (every 8 weeks) and then review things again.
I wish I’d reduced my levels and got a better control of Diabetes years ago.

have a great day everybody 😎

Good morning - just 2.7 on my 79th birthday
Happy birthday Michael, you’d better get some birthday cake into you, or at least some toast and jam. Hope your numbers go up soon, hope the weather’s improved for your special day. PS I’m an April baby too, my birthday is next Tuesday. We’re the best! 😉

5.6 for me just now.

Thought I might be slightly more elevated than that because of the Chinese takeaway but probably having the hypo threw things off balance!

Ahh well, I’ll remember next time not bolus for the whole thing at once! Silly me!

Have a good day everyone 🙂

Morning all. 5.7 for me today.

Nothing exciting to report and nothing exciting happening today. I am going for a big shop but not too big as we’re off on holiday in a couple of weeks and I’m desperately trying to run my freezer down, so we will possibly be having some unusual meal combinations in the coming days!
I’m not complaining about having boring days this week as the next two weeks are HECTIC! We’ve got so much on right up to the night before we leave for our holidays. The key is to be organised and I’m writing lists now so I don’t forget anything. Unlike @SueEK though, clothes shopping for my break isn’t required, walking trousers/ leggings, tee shirts, fleeces, hat, scarf, gloves, walking boots and waterproof jacket. Oh and undies of course are all I need. No fancy garments required for where we are going! So at least that’s one thing I don’t have to do!

Have a fab day. 🙂

For my Chinese banquet, I injected 3 units of Fiasp as I set off to leave in the car as I was 7.5 and the restaurant is only 10 mins away and I need 30 mins pre bolus at that level. Had some prawn crackers when I arrived, then soup (both chicken and sweetcorn and hot and sour) with more prawn crackers. Jabbed myself another 2.5 units at the table before the mixed hors d'oevres, then crispy duck pancakes and another 3.5 units before the main course and then 2 corrections since. Pretty sure I have cracked it now for the night but just very briefly tipped into double figures with a 10.7 :( . On it's way slowly drifting down now on 8.9 with a little bit of active insulin still in my system and off to bed.
If I had had all that insulin up front I would definitely have hypoed. I also had absolutely no idea how many carbs I was eating or how many more I was going to eat, so I just watched my levels and the arrows on Libre and injected more insulin when I needed it to keep levels in range. Yes 5 jabs may seem like quite a lot for one meal but it's not any big deal to me and just takes seconds and I can do it under the table, and of course it was a very special occasion..... not an everyday occurrence and I feel like I had quite a victory both in eating the same food as everyone else ie not low carb, and from my Libre graph so far, it looks like I managed it really well.

Absolutely stuffed now and will be taking a very large glass of water to bed with me.

I had a really great evening though! Hope you did too and that your hypo didn't spoil it!
Hi @rebrascora

That sounds like a sensible idea for sure! I’ve never had an issues with hypos from it before but thinking back to it now, usually I go out to eat so I do have 1 injection for each course (otherwise I’m not sure how many carbs will be in it until I get it) and also I typically inject slightly less than I should because I have drinks with it as part of a night out so will naturally lower it anyway which probably explains it.

This time however, I had the food at home so those factors weren’t there and meant that I just didn’t think and bolused the whole lot first…oh dear!

Ah well, lesson learnt, I won’t do that again!

Morning all, 8.5 here, oops. Reduced overnight basal by another half, down to 1 unit, last night, because I did quite a fast walk with my son earlier, and dropped low towards the end of it, then needed a bit of flapjack during the evening to ward off another excursion into the red, so of course I then didn’t drop at all overnight.

Morning everyone. 4.9 for me. Today i have the dentist then got to go shopping for jeans :( . I hate shopping for jeans and bras. Its the constant undress, try on, doesn't fit/not right, get dressed, find more, undress, try on......cycle. Because i'm short and curvy (hubby's word not mine, mine is fat) i struggle to find jeans that fit properly. Needs must though so i shall brave it this morning.

@rebrascora nicely done.
@sg295 its a mistake we all make sometimes. I struggle to get the bolus right for chinese food, always ending up with a later spike or a hypo.
@Michael12421 Happy Birthday!!! Get some fast acting glucose in you quickly!

Have a good day everyone. Its datk cloud here and forecasting rain. Hope its dry wherever you are.

Morning everyone. 4.9 for me. Today i have the dentist then got to go shopping for jeans :( . I hate shopping for jeans and bras. Its the constant undress, try on, doesn't fit/not right, get dressed, find more, undress, try on......cycle. Because i'm short and curvy (hubby's word not mine, mine is fat) i struggle to find jeans that fit properly. Needs must though so i shall brave it this morning.

@rebrascora nicely done.
@sg295 its a mistake we all make sometimes. I struggle to get the bolus right for chinese food, always ending up with a later spike or a hypo.
@Michael12421 Happy Birthday!!! Get some fast acting glucose in you quickly!

Have a good day everyone. Its datk cloud here and forecasting rain. Hope its dry wherever you are.
Hi @freesia

Yes takeaways are definitely tricky to bolus for and everyone makes mistakes…especially as I’ve only had diabetes 11 months, I’m bound to get things wrong sometimes.

1 more month till diaversary time, I shall celebrate with cake…oh the irony!

Man down!!!
woke up at half two felt like my kidney was being gnawed on from the inside busitng for a pee high temperature too (TMI I know) had a b.s of 19.6 think I've had enough kidney infections to know what's going on.... problem is it really affects my sugars and I'm just getting my self back on the good side of of the ol single figure fairy.. So unplanned doctors appt or call from him and I'm going to have to take it easy for a few days frustrating cause the weather's turning around I was starting to feel so much better than I have in weeks and it means I can't walk the hellhound. One is not amused!!

Good morning - 12.1. I did a correction during the night as the Libre warned me I was rising quickly- checked on the BG meter first but it seems to have not helped

Back