Group 7-day waking average?

Just back from GP which ran half an hour late! No more AB’s but an ear spray in both ears 3 times a day for 7 days & go back if not cleared! LONG wait at the chemist so, my normal £4 fare was £7 but, I got 3 boxes of NR: that box I ordered DID come but, JUST after I called for the delivery the next morning; so I have a lovely little cushion now of 4 boxes & 3 pens! Have made a discovery that the way the chemist & health centre do things is different now: GP write scripts at 4pm & the chemist come up to pick up them up, saw the wee mini drive up & the delivery guy waved to me, just before 5pm; that’s why the chemist said to ring after 5pm last week & they’re now open till 7pm! So, when it says 48 hours for repeats it really is as everything is later now! Need to wait until Wednesday’s to make sure repeats are ready to be delivered & I can avoid JUST missing things, thinking I wasn’t allowed them, order more & end up with 3 boxes of NR at once today! That’s why the long wait at the chemist because today’s repeats were only JUST picked up when I got to the chemist JUST after the driver did with the scripts for them to dispense!

I delayed tresiba & it’ll go in now as I wasn’t sure if I’d get more AB’s & think I’ll go back down to 84 & with a nice cushion compensate with NR if needs be! It took a long time for me to recover a bit from the exhaustion that huge swing in BS this morning!

Congrats to @MeeTooTeeTwo @rebrascora and @ColinUK on your HS, 4 in a day with @Robin as well!

Well i had a nice walk, a lovely lunch and a bit of shopping with my friend. I was very careful with my lunch insulin and under bolused slightly as we'd walked and as i was driving i didn't want to be low. I went the other way though, just before i dropped my friend home i scanned, it was 17!!!!! Finger prick showed 14 so a quick 3u correction was needed. Thoroughly enjoyed the day though, it was something we rarely get time to do.

Congrats to @MeeTooTeeTwo @rebrascora and @ColinUK on your HS, 4 in a day with @Robin as well!

Well i had a nice walk, a lovely lunch and a bit of shopping with my friend. I was very careful with my lunch insulin and under bolused slightly as we'd walked and as i was driving i didn't want to be low. I went the other way though, just before i dropped my friend home i scanned, it was 17!!!!! Finger prick showed 14 so a quick 3u correction was needed. Thoroughly enjoyed the day though, it was something we rarely get time to do.
I’d still rather have that & correct when I get home than to risk going hypo when out & about especially, when driving as you need to treat the hypo, get it to above 5.0, & wait 45 minutes to drive after it’s above 5! 😱

I routinely under bolus when going out on medical appointments & I don’t drive: it’s just a right royal PAIN to go hypo when out & about! :(

Hmm very odd,

Managed to have a hypo after injecting for the Chinese!

It often happens after pasta so perhaps a similar situation…slower release carbs? Or maybe the high fat content slowing absorption down?

Or maybe because of the walk yesterday I’m more sensitive? Although usual ratios worked fine earlier so I’m wondering if the slower release/high fat content is more to blame?

Oh well, won’t be too hard on myself seeing as I managed the walk yesterday without having one. Just annoying!

Hmm very odd,

It often happens after pasta so perhaps a similar situation…slower release carbs? Or maybe the high fat content slowing absorption down?

Or maybe because of the walk yesterday I’m more sensitive? Although usual ratios worked fine earlier so I’m wondering if the slower release/high fat content is more to blame?

Oh well, won’t be too hard on myself seeing as I managed the walk yesterday without having one. Just annoying!
I can hypo after a long walk the next day. The effects of exercise can still be felt for up to 48 hours, plus you could be right about the fat delaying absorption. Try splitting your dose next time. I have to do that with fish and chips every time and strangely enough I only tend to have them after a long walk by the sea.

Hmm very odd,

Oh! That’s the fat delaying things & pizza is another also, chip shop fish & chips that’s notorious for doing this! So, it’s best to do a delayed split bolus: work out what you need; inject about 60% of it up front & then follow up a few hours later with the rest! Learnt that from the members here & it can take longer depending on the amount you ate & how fatty things are so, may take longer to keep adding in correction doses as the more fat; the more the release of carbs will keep levels elevated! 🙄 But, it you inject it all up front the insulin is working before the release of carbs & you go hypo!😱

Long day working today (for me anyway!) with little time to check in on here but I did manage to install kindle on my work laptop so that’s a positive!

Had a decent time with my nephew yesterday. Met at about 9:30 in the AM and went to see The Bad Guys at the cinema. Not my choice but it’s what he wanted to see. It’s ok… the kiddies will love it, especially the bum jokes! Then grabbed a bite to eat which was really good as it gave us time to just sit and chat about Life and university etc and it was warm enough to be comfortable sitting outside. Tested when I got home and scored a 5.3 so was very happy with that.

Not in the mood for telly tonight so there’s a bit of music playing quietly in the background whilst I read (I’m reading, for the first time, the Harry Potter books and am currently on #2).

Intention is to gym in the morning or gentle run outside maybe… then work… then off to the Royal Opera House again. This time it’s an £11 ticket to see La Traviata for the first time. I’ve seen La Boheme and perhaps one other but can’t recall what it was.

I’m hoping that there will be no shows in the audience so I can grab myself a decent seat!

didn't get as much done as I hoped but...

Went to pay a few more bills and noticed BT contract IS up next month so did their online find a deal and was like errrm nope. £10 more for no real benefit so I got in touch with them on online chat and got a much better deal, £5 cheaper than I'm paying now without any loss of speeds. The guy failed to notice I pay for line rental plus at £2 a month so he's crediting my account with £48 to cover that as it was after I digitally signed the contract.

Then I went to order more vape juice and the place has a loyalty scheme but I can't use my points on my normal vape order as there is a special offer already applied. In a separate order I had enough points to cover a new vape device and just had to pay £2 postage so happy about that.

Had to order a Tesco for same day as we needed stuff for my sons lunches for work, I asked him to pick up some things but he wasn't sure he had time and he gets a lift home so its not always possible. Anyway I messaged him back saying no need, we got it sorted and in he strolls with bread and stuff. Got a £40 Tesco shop coming that I didn't really need :rofl:

some wins and some losses today 😉

bg unknown, trying to be sensible with strips as much as I want to monitor it all the time.

Not in the mood for telly tonight so there’s a bit of music playing quietly in the background whilst I read (I’m reading, for the first time, the Harry Potter books and am currently on #2).
I just loved the HP books!

If you want something lighthearted and very funny in a dry SOH way, look for "The Booze Cruize" on the ITV app. There are 3 film length episodes... the first is available for the next 15 days.

I just loved the HP books!

If you want something lighthearted and very funny in a dry SOH way, look for "The Booze Cruize" on the ITV app. There are 3 film length episodes... the first is available for the next 15 days.
The forth series of the Marvellous Mrs Maisel is now on Netflix, not as good as the first three I think. It won't suit everyone but we find it very funny.

The forth series of the Marvellous Mrs Maisel is now on Netflix, not as good as the first three I think. It won't suit everyone but we find it very funny.
Already worked my way through those (on Prime) and I’m a fan!

especially, when driving as you need to treat the hypo, get it to above 5.0, & wait 45 minutes to drive after it’s above 5! 😱
I always find i'm scanning/testing more if i'm out and driving. I didn't want to make my friend wait about for me either though she wouldn't have minded. Its finally coming down now

Evening gang evening Reading 9.4.
Sorry I took the past 48 hours ish off did a screen detox and caught up on some reading and finally finished the book that's been lurking on the bedside table for weeks now first day of having a carer come in three times a day its going to take a lot of getting used to and I think I scare her a little I'm not a little guy and one of my regular tics is a growl or a low rumbling so I guess we're both going to have get used each other and I'm willing to try and let her help me Its for my own good in the long run..and im sure she'll get used to this big hairy gruff old grumpy bugger lol
Keep smiling
Griff

Hmm very odd,

For my Chinese banquet, I injected 3 units of Fiasp as I set off to leave in the car as I was 7.5 and the restaurant is only 10 mins away and I need 30 mins pre bolus at that level. Had some prawn crackers when I arrived, then soup (both chicken and sweetcorn and hot and sour) with more prawn crackers. Jabbed myself another 2.5 units at the table before the mixed hors d'oevres, then crispy duck pancakes and another 3.5 units before the main course and then 2 corrections since. Pretty sure I have cracked it now for the night but just very briefly tipped into double figures with a 10.7 :( . On it's way slowly drifting down now on 8.9 with a little bit of active insulin still in my system and off to bed.
If I had had all that insulin up front I would definitely have hypoed. I also had absolutely no idea how many carbs I was eating or how many more I was going to eat, so I just watched my levels and the arrows on Libre and injected more insulin when I needed it to keep levels in range. Yes 5 jabs may seem like quite a lot for one meal but it's not any big deal to me and just takes seconds and I can do it under the table, and of course it was a very special occasion..... not an everyday occurrence and I feel like I had quite a victory both in eating the same food as everyone else ie not low carb, and from my Libre graph so far, it looks like I managed it really well.

Absolutely stuffed now and will be taking a very large glass of water to bed with me.

I had a really great evening though! Hope you did too and that your hypo didn't spoil it!

Hmm I cannot claim to be first up this morning as the last post was 12:34 am. Oh, well.

I cannot claim an HS too as BG this morning is 5.1 TBT

hopefully, out for a longish walk later on. Nothing else planned just now.

Oh, just remembered, got my diabetic eye test back yesterday. To quote 'no signs of diabetic eye disease'. Excellent.

Have a great day today whatever you get up to

Back