Group 7-day waking average?

Just got off the phone at 08:47 & have appointment at 4pm today as GP needs to examine me! This time only the very highest pitched note of the music hurt my right ear a little bit & no effect on my left ear so, a definite improvement there from last week!

My BS goes up a bit after each oatcake & then starts dropping again & had 3 now so, after this last 3rd one after testing after getting off the phone it should rise again but, if it drops again I’ll have another JB & then a fibre one cake as I’m out of protein bars: will need the JB to raise me up fast as the cake will be slower!

Tesco easter week shopping later today 11:00 to 12:00 so, rather relieved not to have to cancel it last minute if the GP appointment is this morning!

Still feeling the tiredness of that huge BS swing! Will rest as much as I can before the shopping ONCE I get my BS stable again!

Congrats @MeeTooTeeTwo and @rebrascora on your HSs. I got Wordle in five. I’m still using the first five letter word from the next page of the book I’m currently reading. It makes for an interesting start. Only one vowel this morning but I did get the first letter in the correct place.
I had to laugh though, Mr, gets it in three everyday, Eggy derided me for taking five attempts. He still hadn’t got it on the fifth line and had the first four letters, he then went through every letter, twice, but somehow missed the letter he needed until the third attempt. I was now almost crying with laughter. Much cussing was going on and mumbles of “ it must be an American word”. Definitely hoist by his own petard! :rofl:

At last! After 1 JB & 3 oatcakes BS is rising & staying up 09:20 BS 5.8!

Not much time for a snooze before shopping but, anything will help!

The rest is golf & can be skipped!

As to the golf yesterday by the time I’d cooked & eaten I saw Tiger at the 16th hole & he was at +11 having only 1 birdie in his round but, everybody was cheering him on & still loads following him round! He was engaging with the crowd & I’ve never seen him respond to them so much before as he’s SO focused on his golf! He finished on +13 after he double bogyed the 17th hole but, managed to save his pride with a par on the 18th to huge roars from the crowd as he was very visibly limping as he walked up to & off the green! In his live interview on Sky he said his endurance wasn’t as good as he’d hoped & it took him a while to warm up, every round he played better on the back 9, to swing better but, it would start to go again! He was very proud that he played all 72 holes with the help of the patrons support. He also said he’ll never be able to play a full schedule ever again & only the big events, the Majors, but, not sure if he’ll play the US PGA next month! He said he’d definitely play The Open at St. Andrews in July as it’s his favourite golf course in the world! I was thinking it’s also very flat & level compared to the hilly course at Augusta with the huge elevation changes that presenters keep saying cannot really be seen on TV!

Then, over the next few hours Rory charged up the leaderboard with 6 birdies & an eagle to tie the lowest round 64, -8, to get his tournament score to -7 & 3 off the lead! His eagle on 13 was from the green bunker THEN, after being in 2 bunkers on 18, his tee shot in a fairway bunker & his 2nd shot in a green bunker further up, he birdied the last hole with a Tiger like amazing shot, more amazing than on 13, to hole it from the sand! THEN, his playing partner Collin Morrikawa was also in the same green bunker after his 2nd shot hit his & got it in the hole for a birdie as well: the crowd erupted & Rory was celebrating his partner’s bunker shot too after celebrating his own just minutes before!

The last pair were still on the 14th hole at that point with the new World no. 1 the 25 year old new comer Scottie Schefler was on -10 & birdied the 14th & 15th to be on -12 & unfortunately after his triple bogey on the 12th Cameron Smith was no longer in contention & it was Rory in second place! Scottie stayed on -12 with pars on 16 & 17 then, got it on the 18th green for a birdie putt! BUT, the nerves finally got to him & he missed putt after putt until the crowd cheered him on with encouragement after he missed the 3rd putt & FINALLY got it in on the 4th putt with a double bogey to finish on -10 3 shots clear of Rory in second place!

It was VERY exciting stuff & it was rather endearing to see the new Masters Champion have a “human moment” on the last green as put by the presenter in Butler’s Cabin during the green jacket ceremony!

Morning

9.4 for me following a roast dinner and a cream éclair. Not feeling right this morning, but not actually ill, could be the high blood sugar,

congratulations on the HS to @Robin, @rebrascora and @MeeTooTeeTwo

@Lucyr - pleased to hear you are finally testing negative.

Well done too @rebrascora on your HS. 🙂
Re Wordle. My first guess is my often used word which contains 4 vowels - this gave me the 3 straight away. My second guess gave me the correct central one. Then as my old hero would say: "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”
Dez
I also start with a word that contains 4 vowels, and also got the right letter in the middle on the second go, but it still took me 4 goes altogether!

Morning all and 6.6 for me.

I was going to go and buy some clarinet reeds and possibly a new mouthpiece before rehearsal today but then I realised it was Monday and the shop is shut. Never mind, I might try one of the new arrangements on the flute - no reed required.

Have a good day everyone.

Heardle in one today.

And 5.2!

Morning all. Looks quite bright out.

5.7, but half an hour earlier I was woken by a Libre alarm @ 4.2. Just ate one Dextrose tab.

It’s hard work being retired, you never get a minute!😉
I was told that when you are retired you can only do one thing a day... I poo poohed it at the time! It's true though!

@rebrascora, @Robin and @MeeTooTeeTwo congratulations on your HSs! :D

Hubby got Wordle in 3 (with my help!). I do not usually help and he does a brilliant job with it. I just happened to be sitting next to him last night when he did it.

Afternoon all. Was up and tested earlier 20.3. For the first time in forever I ran to the kitchen to refill my drink bottle before attending to the pressing matter of needing a wee.
Went back to sleep because got hit with waves of tiredness within 30 mins, and clearly was expecting too much from a 3/12 hour extra nap to bring it down significantly - 18.9.

Anyway, feel much more awake 2nd time around. Have done boring adulting stuff like paying bills and have a super fun afternoon of housework planned.

@rebrascora @MeeTooTeeTwo @Robin and @ColinUK Yay on the HS to you all!

Cor blimey, it’s an epidemic of HSs’. Congrats to all who achieved it x

A very good morning to all.... well it is for me anyway.

Here to give evidence of 2 unicorns and a flat fish and to top it off I am sitting next to my diabetes twin @Robin on the HS step.... Congrats to us both. Mine was achieved by a rather risky 1 unit Levemir increase and going to bed after a very late meal of sausages, broccoli and mushrooms. I am guessing the protein from the sausages and the increased Levemir cancelled each other out.
View attachment 20608View attachment 20610View attachment 20611

I am also up to 96% TIR for the past 7 days so I guess things are going my way at the moment.
Got to dash as I have a trailer to hand load (well, I will be using a gripe (muck fork) not my actual hands 🙄 ) with manure and then deliver and barrow into someone's garden. That will be my exercise for the day.

Hope everyone has a good day. I am going out for a Chinese Banquet tonight to celebrate my brother's 70th birthday, so my Libre stats will be blown out of the water tomorrow and I definitely won't be posting another HS and it will be the Himalayas on my graph rather than a flatfish I think!
Can't bring some muck to my allotment can you, me thinks it would be a bit too far. Not that we needed muck this morning as the sewer is blocked and the manhole overflowing (TMI), had to ring Severn Trent and hopefully they will be here today and it won't cost us anything as it is a shared sewer from 4 houses, we are the unlucky ones to have the manhole.

I had to laugh though, Mr, gets it in three everyday, Eggy derided me for taking five attempts. He still hadn’t got it on the fifth line and had the first four letters, he then went through every letter, twice, but somehow missed the letter he needed until the third attempt. I was now almost crying with laughter. Much cussing was going on and mumbles of “ it must be an American word”. Definitely hoist by his own petard! :rofl:
I was exactly the same as Mr Eggy. Just couldn't see that letter finishing the word and kept passing over it and yet it was so obvious in the end I can't imagine what I was or wasn't thinking!
Can't bring some muck to my allotment can you, me thinks it would be a bit too far. Not that we needed muck this morning as the sewer is blocked and the manhole overflowing (TMI), had to ring Severn Trent and hopefully they will be here today and it won't cost us anything as it is a shared sewer from 4 houses, we are the unlucky ones to have the manhole.
I would be happy to but not sure you would want to pay the delivery surcharge 😱! Also not sure my ancient Freelander would make it that far, to be honest!
I got an order from my customer's neighbour this morning when he saw the quality of the product 😉, so I will be going back on Wed with another load. That gives my back a day off to recover and I will walk instead.
Really hope you get your drain sorted promptly and without charge and the culprit who flushed something they shouldn't learns a valuable lesson from it. 🙄 Having shared drains can be a pain.

Very snug on the HS step today, but delighted to see @ColinUK joining us! Congrats to you too! Just as well you aren't having to put up with me in person as I have an aura of "eau de manure".... Not sure it would compete with one of Gwyneth Paltrow's weird fragrances!

I was exactly the same as Mr Eggy. Just couldn't see that letter finishing the word and kept passing over it and yet it was so obvious in the end I can't imagine what I was or wasn't thinking!

I would be happy to but not sure you would want to pay the delivery surcharge 😱! Also not sure my ancient Freelander would make it that far, to be honest!
I got an order from my customer's neighbour this morning when he saw the quality of the product 😉, so I will be going back on Wed with another load. That gives my back a day off to recover and I will walk instead.
Really hope you get your drain sorted promptly and without charge and the culprit who flushed something they shouldn't learns a valuable lesson from it. 🙄 Having shared drains can be a pain.

Very snug on the HS step today, but delighted to see @ColinUK joining us! Congrats to you too! Just as well you aren't having to put up with me in person as I have an aura of "eau de manure".... Not sure it would compete with one of Gwyneth Paltrow's weird fragrances!
Severn Trent have turned up and have cleared it out, what a stink. They think there are some roots growing across from a neighbours bush by his front door. They put a camera down to see. Working on it at the moment.

Anyway, feel much more awake 2nd time around. Have done boring adulting stuff like paying bills and have a super fun afternoon of housework planned.
The housework should bring BGs down. Just done our upstairs which effectively cancelled out any spike from lunch, even though I expected one as I forgot to bolus ahead.

OMG. When we sold our last house we put an offer in on another house. However our solicitor informed us that the main sewer for the street ran under our kitchen and that the manhole was right in the middle of the kitchen. It transpired the kitchen extension had been built without planning. Naturally we pulled out!!!! The owners couldn't understand why...

Back