Group 7-day waking average?

@Gwynn sometimes it just takes a while for the display to catch up with the meter. Not that my display is even plugged in as it’s too far from the meter to pick up the signal.

6.1 today and significantly less aches and pains than yesterday.

I’m off out for a walk in a bit and may pick up a new shirt in preparation of dinner out somewhere posh tomorrow with the folks and brother and s-i-l

Knee still a little swollen from Sunday but as the ache is much reduced I won’t bother the doctor with it I think.

Cx

11.2(admillty i had been up and moving befire testing so could have been happened then too).i did end eating last night si not sure if it was that or just a starnded rise.

Morning fellow bloodletters. 5.2 on the Richter scale! Wow! Two in a week. Must spend 9 hours in A&E more often. NOT!

Thanks for all your best wishes for Mr Eggy. He’s fine, a bit shaken maybe, but pragmatic as always. He is embarking on a low fat, high fibre diet to try and reduce his BP. The exact opposite to me. This could be fun!

We both feel refreshed today after 10 hours in bed. Most of which I slept. Another day of rest for Mr Eggy, but I have laundry to do. Had hoped to get it hung out but the weather has had other ideas. Wet! Hmmm….can I risk running the tumble dryer without bankrupting us?

Have a great day all. 🙂

Attachments

• DAF2FEFB-DC9C-4991-9F5B-9C27F0D638E4.jpeg
    DAF2FEFB-DC9C-4991-9F5B-9C27F0D638E4.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1
Well done @eggyg on the Special. 🙂
5.6 for me today.

Dez

08:12 BS 4.2! 😱 But, feel fine! Well, at least in the sense of NOT hypo & now I’m up I’ll be rising! Especially since I won’t be eating for a while: it’s been like that for days as I wake feeling queasy: like the old days of eating late after a night at the restaurant & going straight to bed after; wake up still feeling full ish & would take a while for my stomach to get back into gear, I put it, to eat again a few hours later!🙄 NOT the best way to do things, I know, & my morning readings used to be TERRIBLE: why my hospital team suggested eating breakfast back in 2015; eating breakfast regularly now, mostly, has made a BIG difference in not only improving my morning readings but, a decent start leads to a decent day of readings too!🙂

I wake up this morning after fighting a huge battle on two fronts last night & feeling quite gladiatorial! 😱 The first front was the BS battle I had after eating an EXTREMELY LATE lunch, or the 2nd & last meal of the day, in that I gave myself a MASSIVE dose of 68 NR for a bowl of ramen, it was the only time I felt hungry & only had a protein bar eventually for breakfast as per usual these days, that ended up like water for all the effect it had on my rising BS: I felt my WORST last night & it dismayed me but, wasn’t really surprised given how I FELT; TERRIBLE!o_O Lunch at 19:01 when BS had only dropped a tiny bit more after a breakfast of cold cuts, still not much more than a protein bar, to BS 8.8. 21:54 BS 13.8 & I used my usual correction factor kind of knowing it wouldn’t be enough but, would see where that got me to of 10 NR? Then, 23:39 BS 12.5 & I gave it another 8 NR!

Then, on the second battlefront, it turned out, was to get some healing sleep that I KNEW I needed: a case of “Sleep Is a Battlefield” as opposed to “Love Is a Battlefield” by Pat Benatar & it was playing in my head with sleep instead of love; I kept waking up & kept trying to get back to sleep as I was DETERMINED to get as much as I could! It was battlefield alright the number of times I woke up & if I wasn’t so determined on any other night I would have given up & not slept! AND it was worth it, eventually, as I slept a bit longer towards the morning in between waking up! I feel I’ve turned a corner in that I don’t feel so foggy & fuzzy like I did for most of yesterday! A Dripping with sweat & sheer hard effort emoji or a Rambo with gun strapped to my back emoji after THAT battlefield of sleep!

So, I’m now coming round rather nicely, after posting this, to about 09:00 & will patiently wait for my prescription to be delivered & get those antibiotics down me to help me get better faster! 🙂

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

By the time “my stomach is in gear” I’ll test & maybe with a lower start, admittedly barely scraping the bottom with 4.2 & a correction too far?, my BS won’t go so high with a DP rise when I eat breakfast today? I can but, hope! 🙄:confused::rofl:

Good morning - 5.5

Good morning people, 6'2 today. I'm getting ready for work and trying the Beanies coffee in the caramel popcorn flavour, may sound weird but is my favourite of them so far.

Yesterday I made some food for the next days. I intend to try cauliflower rice today, after seeing it so often in the forum. Don't think I would make it often, grating cauliflower is a bit of a pain, I did it yesterday to save some time today and gave up halfway. So I have a mix of cauliflower rice and chunks lol. How do you usually season the rice?

A girl who basically said she didn't want to be friends anymore and blocked me like, 4 months ago, texted me out of the blue asking how I was doing. Weird, but nice of her, I supposed. Then she asked if I wanted sex. In the past we had many awkward conversations where she thought I was flirting, she reminded me she is only into men, I said I knew and I wasn't trying anything...to the point it was just uncomfortable talking with her because I knew she would misunderstand something and didn't want to offend her. After all that, this text was unexpected and honestly, a bit annoying.
I have this chopper which is brilliant for anything like cauliflower rice or any veg or anything fairly dry. Saves your fingers.

Underground overground wombling free the wombels of Wimbledon Common are we! Making good use of the thing that we find the things that the everyday folks leave behind...... I have a earworm it's lodged and I can't stop singing it Im bequeathing it you guys it's driving me to the point of distraction I truly hate earworms!! In other news heardle in 2 seconds and wordle well let's not talk about wordle it's Vexes me so.....

Morning all and it was a 5.5 for me.

Well yesterday's excitement was having to fit a new electric shower after the old one suddenly packed in. At least it wasn't a health related emergency.

Today, who knows?

Have a good day everyone.

@GRIFFINLONEWALKER ER I've had the Wombles as an earworm a few times before but not recently so I'm quite happy to take that for now as long as you have it back off me in a day or two.... or someone else takes it.... I had Simply Red's "Money's too tight to mention" for over a fortnight a month or so ago. It was driving me insane in the end!
Pleased you managed to attend your appointments and survived them and the clinicians did too.... hopefully without teeth marks! o_O So sorry to hear you didn't get the news you wanted at oncology. (((HUGS)))

No good me doing Heardle as there are only a couple of decades of music that I might recognize. After the 80s I could probably listen to the whole song and still not get it!
Wordle in 4 today, Quordle in 7. Don't have a waking reading as I haven't been to sleep yet but I may be heading in that direction soon since the weather isn't great and animals are fed and mucked out and I am feeling pretty sleepy. Couldn't motivate myself to get to the shops yesterday so no milk, no cream and no yoghurt still and cheese is getting low which will be the final push..... Can't live without cheese!

Oh and many congratulations to @eggyg on another House Special! Go girl!

I truly hate earworms!!
Tell me about those worms!!!
The last few days I've had one which is a mash-up of Together In Electric Dreams by Giorgio Morodor and I'm Alive by The Hollies.
AAARRGGHH!

I had a 5.3 this morning, which was a surprise as I forgot to take yesterday morning's 500mg Metformin tablet. I seem to be forgetting to take it quite often these days. (I am not sure I took it the day before.)

I have noticed that if I don't take it my heart rate is lower.
Metformin isn't a medication that has an immediate impact on your system, it gradually builds up its efficacy over time (a bit like steroids do), so missing a few days probably won't show any immediate effect. Great number though! 🙂

A bit of a TINY good sign, I say hesitantly, in that my stomach got into gear faster today & just finished eating breakfast, another bowl of ramen as it easiest to cook the way I’m feeling still, & a slight DP rise of 09:49 BS 5.1 with an optimistic guess of 40 NR & see what happens? :confused:

No sign of chemist delivery, yet! 🙄

Morning all. Looks unsettled and mostly not so good here.

4.4 on waking, treated with a Dextrose and half a biscuit 5.4 now. Some time early on I had a red line, despite suspension of insulin. Also just scraped into the 4s with a temp basal. Basal lower than ever since the weeks after diagnosis. Total basal dose is just under 9u. Wonder if I am cured?

Re: Cauli rice, if I want a big quantity I use my food processor, which is 42 years old and still going strong after frequent usage. If I only want a bit I use a cheap version (£13.99 in Lidl) of the mini-chopper that @Leadinglights has.

@Elenka_HM I'd be inclined to respond to that young lady that you only have intimacy with people you like. She was rude.

@eggyg many congratulations on the 2nd HS in a week! 😉

Chiropractor in an hour and a quick drink to celebrate a friend's birthday early evening on today's timetable.

Back