Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning everyone! 6'7 today.

Congratulations to @ColinUK and @Grannylorraine for your run yesterday, it's so cool that you could meet up. I'm surprised you already want to do another one Colin, I would feel I've done enough exercise for 3 months! :rofl:

Yesterday I went to Lidl and got some interesting goodies, including a variety pack of Beanies flavoured coffee (sugar free) and a vintage red Leicester that taste amazing imo. Also some chocolate but not going in there, don't want to be a bad influence 😉

Got a bit annoyed doing my allergens online training for work, because they mentioned the auto injections for allergic reactions and they add a picture of...a finger pricker! A fricking Accucheck Fastclik, the same I use. I had to look online how an EpiPen actually looks like because I've never seen one before, but I was certain you don't use it in your finger :/

Plans for today are laundry and some shopping, I got the food yesterday and today I'm looking for some present for my mum and brother birthdays. I'm very excited because they are coming to England and now I'm nervous (in a good way), I don't usually have visits and I am thinking of what I need.

@Elenka_HM

May I ask where your family live in Spain? I live in Jaen Province.
Also in the South, but not in Andalucía, they live in Murcia province. I saw you live in Jaen and was wondering if you are originally from Spain or the UK.

Good early morning everyone. Been up since 4am. BG 5.1 TBT again sigh

well, I did make some rhubarb crumble yesterday. Twas easier than I expected thankfully. However, I took your suggestions of adding strawberries to the rhubarb and walnuts to the crumble.

Problems? Seemed difficult to get the rhubarb sticks up to temperature and I kinda boiled them rather than simmered them.

The result? See for yourself. Picture hopefully attached and it tasted stunningly good. My wife loved it too.

Not worked out the nutrition values for it yet. I will do that shortly.

Today it's rhubarb jelly. Hmmm. And a walk if it is not too cold. I notice that it is wet and windy right now, and dark.

Have a great day everybody whatever you get up to

View attachment 20504
I usually put the rhubarb cut into chunks in a shallow dish with a small amount of water and put in the oven at a really low temperature and they keep their shape.

Yesterday I went to Lidl and got some interesting goodies, including a variety pack of Beanies flavoured coffee (sugar free) and a vintage red Leicester that taste amazing imo. Also some chocolate but not going in there, don't want to be a bad influence 😉
I always get that Vintage Red Leicester in Lidl. I love it. If you go for the mature Cheddar in that range, the Welsh one with the red wrapper is far nicer than the Scottish "Caledonian" one in the blue wrapper.
We need to know which chocolate you went for??? Come on, spill the beans....

Morning all, big contrast to yesterday's wall to wall sun... today we have wall to wall rain!

6.0 this morning. Got some strange messages during the night about Libreview not being available. Woken at 5 am with a low alarm (4.3) treated with a Dextrose tab and half a biscuit. This morning no sign of that as there was a flat line all night.

@ColinUK and @Grannylorraine, if I haven't said it before then I think you both made a fabulous effort. @ColinUK I am not surprised you signed up again, it was clearly an exhilarating and heart warming experience for you.

@eggyg so pleased Mr Eggy is OK, but what a horrible experience for you! You must both have been scared stiff. Hope you both get some rest today.

Hubby is off for a root canal after lunch - it would seem the antibiotics have done their job as he's at least not in pain now. Meanwhile I will be making soup out of leftovers and possibly a mixed fuit crumble out of a ton of rather unripe fruit. Has anyone ever made a savoury crumble?

Morning peeps 🙂 14.9 first time I was up. Kiddo needed some assistance at 6am (dizziness, hoping its booster side effects and not new meds). Haven't bothered testing since getting up again.

Been out to sis in laws to get her sorted, she's been in bed for a couple of days with a cold which has floored her (she has other complications going on) so did her breakfast and a cuppa and not long back home.

@ColinUK and @Grannylorraine you are both legends :D Huge congratz to you both <3
@eggyg Phew. Sounds like a rough night for you both. Really glad all seems to be well. xx
@GRIFFINLONEWALKER let us know how your appointments have been (not necessarily private details, just how you have coped) Still proud of ya <3
@Lucyr you park that bum down and rest or I'm flying down to make you 😛

free hugs to everyone having rotten days and struggles (or just wants a hug). May your day improve x

I always get that Vintage Red Leicester in Lidl. I love it. If you go for the mature Cheddar in that range, the Welsh one with the red wrapper is far nicer than the Scottish "Caledonian" one in the blue wrapper.
We need to know which chocolate you went for??? Come on, spill the beans....
Ooh, thanks for the cheese advice! I'm tempted to try the cheddar, it's the first time I buy this Red Leicester in particular and I'm really impressed.
I got the 70% raspberry chocolate, honestly I think because you mentioned it haha. It's very nice as well. And some Thornton's box that I've been wanting to try for ages, but I usually see bigger boxes and didn't want to have all of them myself. This was an smaller size, good price and I can share with my family. Always a good excuse :D

Glad Mr Eggy seems to be ok. Plenty of rest today.

Another 1/2 marathon @ColinUK - mad you’re mad!!!!!

A 9.4 this morning after a late McDonolds sneaky supper last night on way back to hotel and a beer !

Have a good day

@ColinUK I knew there would be some funny or uplifting stories to tell. Thanks for reminding me that people are fundamentally good. With all the bad news in the world, it really helps to hear the small everyday heartwarming little stories.
My knee must have come out in sympathy with yours because I can't think what I could have done to it to be cranky today.

Disappointing 8.0 for me this morning and that was after an increase in evening Levemir, 2 rum and diet cokes and a 1.5 unit correction at 2.30am when I woke up on 9.2. The reason....I got a bit stressed yesterday with irresponsible dog owners whose dogs strayed into my garden and would have been killing my chickens if they weren't locked up due to bird flu.... As it was, they were just stressing them half to death and the owners were chasing round my garden unable to catch them. 2 separate incidents in one day involving 3 dogs. It is lambing season and my neighbour has lambs in the adjacent field so these dogs should be on a lead but of course these people think their dogs can do no wrong. Getting to the stage that I hate Sundays when the weather is fine because the townies come out to the countryside and cause aggravation.

Well, I injected another 2 correction units before I got out of bed nearly 2 hours ago along with my Levemir and levels going up instead of coming down! Arrgh! Tempted to stack another correction.
Need to go shopping today as I am out of dairy .... no breakfast this morning because I used the last of my yoghurt yesterday, no milk and just enough cream to make my coffee not black.... but there is clearly plenty of glucose in my system to provide energy, so I won't starve!

Struggling to say something positive today.... all I can come up with is that I got Wordle in 3.... even if Wordle is "old hat"

Feeling like a right old grouch!! Definitely feel like I am in the smelly armpit of the week this morning. Need to get out for a long walk/hobble to blow the cobwebs and some glucose.
It’s ok to be grouchy sometimes. It makes us appreciate when we’re happy. Wishing you a better rest of the day. ☺️

Ooh, thanks for the cheese advice! I'm tempted to try the cheddar, it's the first time I buy this Red Leicester in particular and I'm really impressed.
I got the 70% raspberry chocolate, honestly I think because you mentioned it haha. It's very nice as well. And some Thornton's box that I've been wanting to try for ages, but I usually see bigger boxes and didn't want to have all of them myself. This was an smaller size, good price and I can share with my family. Always a good excuse :D
The salted caramel variety of that 70% chocolate is also really good. I alternate between those two and the 85%. Pleased you are enjoying it. .

Hubby is a dark chocoholic and he has discovered "Way to go" dark chocolate in Lidl. Apparently it's delicious. I might try the caramellised almond version of it!

Oh gosh! @eggyg!! So pleased My Eggy is now stable but must have really put the wind up you both and no doubt been a very worrying and uncomfortable night at A&E. Hope you are both feeling a bit more human how after some rest and Mt Eggy's ticker is properly behaving itself again!

Morning all, big contrast to yesterday's wall to wall sun... today we have wall to wall rain!

6.0 this morning. Got some strange messages during the night about Libreview not being available. Woken at 5 am with a low alarm (4.3) treated with a Dextrose tab and half a biscuit. This morning no sign of that as there was a flat line all night.

@ColinUK and @Grannylorraine, if I haven't said it before then I think you both made a fabulous effort. @ColinUK I am not surprised you signed up again, it was clearly an exhilarating and heart warming experience for you.

@eggyg so pleased Mr Eggy is OK, but what a horrible experience for you! You must both have been scared stiff. Hope you both get some rest today.

Hubby is off for a root canal after lunch - it would seem the antibiotics have done their job as he's at least not in pain now. Meanwhile I will be making soup out of leftovers and possibly a mixed fuit crumble out of a ton of rather unripe fruit. Has anyone ever made a savoury crumble?
I put a savoury crumble topping on things, breadcrumbs, grated cheese, spring onions. Usually on cooked chicken and mushrooms in a creamy sauce.

62D48A2E-CFEE-45CF-B42A-7D25E47DD43B.png14:49 BS 9.8 Tresiba 92 a bit late & pills then, ate breakfast as I needed the insulin & ate a pack of 20 slices of cold cuts, pork onion & tomato roll, on its own as I’m not really hungry but, know from past experience that NR on its own won’t stop the rise! I gave it a guessed bolus of 30 NR as it’s mainly protein/meat & see what happens? Rang chemist & script not through yet. Ring back after 5pm they said sometimes it has taken that long for GP’s to write their scripts if running late by which time it might not be possible to get it delivered today as they stop at 6pm? Anyway! I more night won’t make much difference, I hope? If the script is there I’ll say to them; try your best to deliver today & if not in the morning is fine!

Checked my emails, very late today, & got this last week’s mySugr report which is STILL better than the previous despite the mess made at the last minute of last night’s high numbers: it was headed for below 9 around mid 8’s otherwise; ah well, I’ll the positive that despite the infection I STILL improved!

Back