Group 7-day waking average?

7,7 today still using my back up meter. Things are really confusing.
Found my main one now after as day a bit of looking discover it in a really obvious place in plain slight but glad I found it as I my backup one sos small I kept having to check it was still there at work last night I would run my hard over the pocket where it was and it felt worry.

Ohhh for some normality !!!

My daughter rang to ask if we could go to her house tomorrow for a mothers day celebration.

Oh dear, the fall out from that. Of course my wife won't leave the house because of her fear of someone entering the house and damaging her stuff. Not my stuff, just hers.

The discussion about it all ended very badly, sadly.

She really believes that there are intruders.

Right now she is sulking, angry, elsewhere in the house.

Me, I'm none to happy with all of it. Sigh.

At least it's not boring, er, except that it is.....and upsetting, and needless, and....

i have just edited my post i live in france we use ltrs
and that gets you a congrats on a house special!!

Whereabouts in France are you?

@Matchless @ColinUK we use the same units in Spain as they do in France, have to use the calculator when comparing BGs with my Type 2 dad haha

I was diagnosed after finding a BG of 280mg (about 15 mmol) in a blood test for other reasons. When I started reading people in the UK aim for 4 to 10 in their BG readings, I was very confused...

Now that I am here, hi everyone and I had a 6'7 this morning 🙂

Now that I am here, hi everyone and I had a 6'7 this morning 🙂
Yes I found it a bit confusing at first when we moved to France in 1999 but when I got used to the bigger figures I now prefer it as in France .I use xdrip app with libre 2 and set my lows at 80 and 170 for highs to give me warnings on my phone .

Last edited:
@ColinUK It will be a challenge, but I hope you can do it!

https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/baking-and-desserts/black-forest-cheesecake/
I had to use wheat-free biscuits as one of the guests is allergic to wheat (not coeliac - that took me some time to get my head around!)
Knock up a batch of keto almond biscuits for the base… or even a low carb sponge maybe… use a high cocoa milk chocolate (Lindt do a 65% milk I think) and maybe use dried cherries soaked in a zero carb sugar syrup maybe.

Sure the cherries will press the carb button but everything else could be tweaked to compensate. Wouldn’t be exactly the same but no reason why it wouldn’t be delicious with the changes.

Not going to be buying Kirsch though!

Knock up a batch of keto almond biscuits for the base… or even a low carb sponge maybe… use a high cocoa milk chocolate (Lindt do a 65% milk I think) and maybe use dried cherries soaked in a zero carb sugar syrup maybe.

Sure the cherries will press the carb button but everything else could be tweaked to compensate. Wouldn’t be exactly the same but no reason why it wouldn’t be delicious with the changes.

Not going to be buying Kirsch though!
The cherries could be soaked in rum though instead of Kirsch. Rum and chocolate go so well together.

The cherries could be soaked in rum though instead of Kirsch. Rum and chocolate go so well together.
True but that’s too much of a step away from the Schwarzwald. It still has to have that essential flavour combo which the forest requires.

True but that’s too much of a step away from the Schwarzwald. It still has to have that essential flavour combo which the forest requires.
I have drunk plenty of Inlander Stroh rum in hot chocolate on the tree lined ski slopes of Austria.... isn't that close enough?? Tenuous I know.... but any excuse to put rum in a chocolate dessert works for me. 🙄

Back