Group 7-day waking average?

@Bloden the Welsh boys play well but they aren't the best looking team around. Not bad looking, but not the kind to wander through my dreams!

6.2 this lovely sunny morning. Shopping is done, lunch has been and gone, so time to relax with a caramel coffee though I do feel 40 winks isn't too far off either! lol
I was expecting to go out tomorrow night, but that has been cancelled until another time, so I'll just watch tv and knit or crochet instead - living the high life, yeah! Go me! :rofl:
Here comes the weekend - enjoy it as best you can 🙂

Good day all. Lovely here. Over 9 this morning so I'm going back to the liquid diet, see if I can do it. I've really enjoyed doing the low carb and my daughter thinks I should stick to that but my weight isn't going down as I pig out even on the low carb plus my tum is horrendous and I can't bear it. I am going to have to buy a corset or I won't be able to go out. I feel really sad all the time with health worries and letting Mum go. Despair isn't in it but you have to keep going and do Eleanor Rigby. :D I am worried about high bg with the liquid diet though. :( You just can't win. I have no idea what to do really.

@Ditto I'm back on the old Exante as you know. I'm mixing it up a bit though with shakes plus a low carb meal some days. I know the advice is for a low cal meal but I'm thinking if I can normalise opting for low-carb that'll help me when I finish this round of shakes.

You can do this. We're here for you.

Hi everyone. The weather is great again and I am loving the flowers I'm seeing everywhere, including when I walked out off the hospital feeling a bit emotional. This post will be a bit long but I want to share it.

The appointment went well. I feel really lucky to be seen by lovely supportive professionals. I was going through my list of questions I prepared for the appointment and had a big one: how do you avoid getting eating disorders? (Disclaimer: I don't know if it's really preventable and don't want to offend anyone who is struggling with ED or did in the past). I don't consider I am suffering from a disorder but my relationship with food had definitely changed since diagnosis and I have worries and negative feelings sometimes that I didn't have before. I had some days where I felt in a darker place mentally, and I am afraid it could get worse when I have to carb count and be more mindful of quantities. Plus, since I started injections in my belly I have been staring at it much more often and started to see it bigger (not sure of it's in my mind) and not be so happy with my body. People say I am skinny and the dietitian reassured me today that my diet is alright. I didn't know if I wanted to talk about all this with the nurse because it's uncomfortable for me and I thought I was better now. Actually talked about it and end in tears. I probably needed it. The nurse and dietitian were really kind and they recommended I get in touch with a local talking therapy service for people with chronic conditions. I'm the first one to recommend people to seek help for their mental health and then I fall in the "I'm not struggling enough to ask for help" hole, but I will give it a try this time.

Stay well and be kind to yourselves 🙂

On a lighter note, I told them my little problem with my insulin stock: having too much Novorapid and disposable pens of Levemir instead of cartridges. Sadly I can't return any of it to the pharmacy, and they jokingly suggested throwing a "diabetic party" and hand them out. So, you are invited for tea! There will be biscuits, and cheddar and olives for our low carb friends ( I'm looking at you @rebrascora) The first 10 calls will receive an insulin pen for free 😉

Good day all. Lovely here. Over 9 this morning so I'm going back to the liquid diet, see if I can do it. I've really enjoyed doing the low carb and my daughter thinks I should stick to that but my weight isn't going down as I pig out even on the low carb plus my tum is horrendous and I can't bear it. I am going to have to buy a corset or I won't be able to go out. I feel really sad all the time with health worries and letting Mum go. Despair isn't in it but you have to keep going and do Eleanor Rigby. :D I am worried about high bg with the liquid diet though. :( You just can't win. I have no idea what to do really.
So sorry to hear you're struggling @Ditto . I'm now going to have see what Eleanor Rigby did...I can only get so far in my head with the song....take care

Looks like I may be first up again.

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday I got trapped indoors waiting all day for the 'before 9pm' delivery. Thankfully I did manage to get out for a bit of a walk later on.

Today I may try for a longer walk.

BG nowhere near the optimum at 4.4 quite low for me. No idea why. Still that is fine.

Nothing planned for today except for the long walk.

Have a great day today whatever you get up to

I’m happy being second this morning, especially with this!

536DFF66-C08A-4BD3-BF2A-32C120A7AEE1.jpeg

Agggg! I am nowhere near your HS. Congratulations to you though. They are so rare.

I like your posts. They make for very interesting reading. Very human and I can personally relate to some of it, sadly.

@Gwynn Thank you for saying that. For the record your posts are great too. You write with an openness and a compassion about your day to day with both your diabetes and with your wife.
I know I’ve said this before but it’s worth repeating a million times, I truly don’t know how you cope, but that you do is testament to your character and to how massive your heart is.

I also enjoy imagining your windy beach walks so don’t ever stop taking them.

Cx

06:34 BS 7.8 Ok it’s a little higher but, I’m rather releived! :D with a drop of sweat over one eye for a Phew! emoji!

Why? Because I had a massive sneeze yesterday afternoon while watching Westworld, AWFULLY confusing now in the 3rd season & scratching my head a LOT, & a HUGE surprise when my menstrual cycle announced itself with a big bang! Boy! Was it messy! 😱 After cleaning up the first thing I did was turn on the heating: been a bit chilled & sometimes coughing a bit, breathing in the cold air by mouth rather than by nose I know but, forget quite a bit with the odd sneeze here & there without any heating; can’t be coughing & sneezing now with a cycle as it’ll prolong it so, needs must & I’ll turn the heating off again afterwards! 😱

Then, I thought “Oh no!” Tresiba is already in as it went in at lunchtime & it was 15:26 just coming up to 2 hours after eating lunch, homemade chicken & mushroom soup, at 13:30. So, tested as it wasn’t that much earlier & it was a rather borderline ok/low 15:29 BS 6.9 with 7mmol at 2 hours being a dodgy low that needs keeping an eye on! So, had a Fibre one salted caramel little cake. It was the right thing to do with my BS possibly dropping unpredictably now with a cycle & kept me at 17:16 BS 6.8. But, dropped even after 4 hours of active NR to 19:22 BS 6.0 when I was exhausted & went to bed! But, couldn’t drop off & felt an urge to eat so, I decided to snack with no bolus but, nothing sweet after that Fibre one cake, I started off just eating the last stuffed chicken breast slice then, started on the turkey ham slices when I seemed to turn into a monster that couldn’t stop myself eating: finished the whole packet of turkey ham; still not enough & polished off the whole pack of wafer thin chicken slices as well! I ate ALL my sandwich meat fillings for the remaining 1.5 loaves of no crusts left since my asda delivery on Wednesday! 😱 I went to bed at that point with the electric heater on & I honestly didn’t know what I’d wake on? :confused:

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

It’ll have to the first fledgling days of starting to eat breakfast again of eating plain toast with tea: started off with just 1 slice of plain toast & tea in Feb. 2015; still just eating plain toast & tea in March 2018 when I joined the forum albeit 4 slices of no crusts! Since then, I’ve graduated to eating much more substantial breakfasts almost every day back then it was a third of the time to half the time & 2 thirds of the time! 🙄

I may need another reduction in tresiba today or maybe my recent reductions were all about my cycle? :confused:

Right better get toasting bread before DP takes over! 🙄

Morning all. 🙂 6.4 here. I managed to be down in single figures by bedtime after a (delicious!) pizza at our new local pizza restaurant. What a faff to get my BG there tho.

Thanks for sharing how you’re feeling with ev1 @Elenka_HM - you seem such a positive person, and I’m sorry to hear that you feel different around food since dx. I had an eating disorder for 10 years, so you’ve definitely done the right thing in talking about it. 🙂

Nice work @ColinUK. :D

7 this morning and off out for breakfast then meeting up with some neighbours to canvas our street about closing our road off for the Platinum Jubilee to have a big party - sounds fun.
@ColinUK many congrats on your HS x
Have a lovely Saturday all and don’t forget to put your clocks forward tonight x

7.7 for me this morning g so a bit better and my faith was restored yesterday as each reading through the day dropped from the one before going as low as 5.4 before dinner.

Weight is dropping off me and I have no sugar cravings any more so my palate is changing.

Good morning. 6.7 for me. Hopefully we're off out for the day, not sure where yet.

Congrats on the HS @ColinUK.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning - 9.7

Back