Group 7-day waking average?

6.2 this morning, happy with that after a Chinese takeaway delivery last night.
Off shopping with the daughter shortly.
Have a good day 🙂

Morning everyone. Shockingly 10.8
That's the best its been in a while. Pancreas woke up today before me and in a good mood then :rofl:
Just wish the other bits of me woke up behaving too 🙄

Wordle I did in the wee small hours and got one letter in my opening word, line 2 I got all letters filled in yellow so ended up getting it in 3 🙂

Hope you all have a great day 🙂

Morning

8.0 for me today

Meant to say yesterday Bruce bought the 3 of us t-shirts the other week, the Scotland ones Tesco are doing for the six nations, while their's fit pretty well, turns out I'm considerably smaller than a "small" man but it's the smallest size they do 🙄 xx

Morning all, glorious sunshine again here today, gonna try and get in the garden for an hour, it's a tip out there. 😎

8.6 @ 7am today. Hopefully it will go down slow but sure if I stick to the low carbing.

Thanks for the advice - I was using a thimble and think I might have needed a mallet if I had used a darning needle...Sanderson's fabric lasts for ever but boy is it tough.
Sorry, should have explained... a size 16 darner is nothing like what we think of as a darning needle. It's a very fine needle but a lot longer than an ordinary needle, so you get some grip on it, unlike the shorter sewing needles. I did curtain making for a period professionally. I once had to shorten some Sanderson's curtains for a client. The way I was taught was to shorten curtains from the top not the hem. So you cut the top off and then sew on new curtain tape by machine. Doesn't work if it's a hand header of course, unless you are able to do hand headings.

Morning all and it was 4.4 and a dextrose tablet for me.

Looks like an outside sort of day apart from telephone review with the gastroenterology nurse at 13:30

My corporate refurb laptop now set up for multitrack recording editing with all relevant software and data transferred over. Only thing I couldn't get to work was a 15 year old interface but hey ho not currently needing it as all newer gear uses usb or ethernet to talk to computers.

Have a good day everyone.

It's our youngest's 21st tomorrow so I need to pop into town later and get a helium balloon and some birthday banners.
Awww happy birthday! My eldest is 21 on Sunday 🙂

@harbottle and @Gwynn gratz on your HS today! You must tell me your secrets on getting so many (or any at all :rofl:)

Glad you got the laptop all up n running @khskel 🙂 I try way too hard to get old tech working with newer tech. Should see the stuff I have "just in case" from like 15 years ago. Sometimes it pays off 😉

Oh hmm odd. I tried the @ followed immediately by the first letter of a forum member and it did nothing. No options. Nothing. It may be my tablet has a wrong setting or my site settings hsve a wrong setting.

Thanks for all your suggestions though
@Gwynn I think you may need to put as many letters as will give you an exclusive name. I just put @G and nothing happened but I put @Gw and a list appeared.

Morning all.
Bit of a rough BG afternoon and night due to going to sister's having a good walk/run our with her horse Jack who is not fully sound at the moment, so not being ridden, then more carbs than I would normally attempt with her husband's delicious Sunday dinner. (6.30pm) Hypoed half way through because insulin kicked in quicker due to exercise and then went high later which I then corrected as I was leaving but ended up doing a full muck out of my beasties when I eventually got home at 11pm. That then caused me to hypo again and then rebound again. Went to bed on 10.7 with a 1.5 unit correction but the cheese after dinner (of which I ate far too much because it was delicious) just kept giving and I was above target all night and woke up at 6.30am on 13.2 having tossed and turned all night and felt really unwell with levels being that high. (sympathies to @gll who has had a long spell of very elevated levels) I had a glass of water, jabbed myself 3.5 units Fiasp plus my Levemir and went back to sleep and woke up on a lovely 5.3 at 9am, so I am ignoring that shocking 13.2 and submitting 5.3 as my reading this morning. New day, new week and a new start to my Libre stats which took a serious beating yesterday! 🙄
Got Wordle in 3, Qourdle on the final try and tried Octourdle for the first time, just scraping it on the last attempt.... all before going to bed last night whilst I was waiting for my levels to settle... Did better at the word games than my BG management clearly!!

Add the Wellcome Foundation to your list. It’s free and it’s really a huge collection of curiosities. Fascinating and gruesome.

Oh and the Old Operating Theatre down by London Bridge and Guys Hospital is also worthy of a visit. It’s only over the road from Borough Market with all the fantastic food stalls as well!
Welcome Foundation is definitely on the list! It was actually near my hostel but never got around to visit it. I did go to Borough market, and bought nice cheese 🙂

Forgot to add this picture in an earlier post: IMG_20220311_130627.jpg

Sorry, should have explained... a size 16 darner is nothing like what we think of as a darning needle. It's a very fine needle but a lot longer than an ordinary needle, so you get some grip on it, unlike the shorter sewing needles. I did curtain making for a period professionally. I once had to shorten some Sanderson's curtains for a client. The way I was taught was to shorten curtains from the top not the hem. So you cut the top off and then sew on new curtain tape by machine. Doesn't work if it's a hand header of course, unless you are able to do hand headings.
Thanks for the explanation will bear it in mind. Problem was getting needle point to emerge at all! And I wasn't shortening but adding a dark plain border to the base to lengthen them. Next lot are a thick, soft chenille so should be a tad easier - also as new fabric rather than an altering job should be less of a pain - I'll change the foot on the old SInger and see how it feels about hemming that fabric. I have modern double glazing and blinds but want to add an extra layer of insulation given the coming oil prices. I already have huge amount of loft insulation and 4" of Celotex + 12 air gap to every external wall but every little helps (well, according to Tesco, altho' deeds speak louder than words so I go to Aldi!).

Glad you got the laptop all up n running @khskel 🙂 I try way too hard to get old tech working with newer tech. Should see the stuff I have "just in case" from like 15 years ago. Sometimes it pays off 😉

It's all part of the fun , which reminds me I've got an ancient XP laptop that interface will probably work with......

Afternoon all on this bright and actually quite warm sunny day.

8.9 at 08:30... after effects of correcting a 4.3 right at bedtime methinks.

I have modern double glazing and blinds but want to add an extra layer of insulation given the coming oil prices. I already have huge amount of loft insulation and 4" of Celotex + 12 air gap to every external wall but every little helps (well, according to Tesco, altho' deeds speak louder than words so I go to Aldi!).
I see where you are coming from... I detest the fact that radiators are always beneath windows, making full length curtains a bit of a no no. Hope the new curtains help.

@Gwynn and @harbottle well done on the HS!

@SueEK hope it's not an ear infection... fingers crossed for you.

@eggyg fingers crossed it's not Covid for you... if you order LFTs online they arrive next day as a rule and are still free until 1 April if that helps. I've just been for blood tests and B12 injection. The HCA who did it said lots of people think they just have colds, but in fact it's really Covid. She also said people weren't testing so there's a lot more about than the records show.

Satan, having got behind me, pushed. Made and ate pizza. BG 19.3 2 hours later. Mr Pancreas seemingly sending a firm message. Oh well, back to the carnivore cage.

That's brave! I daren't touch anything like for fear of ruining my (Currently) 'normal' BG levels! I have thought about trying a portion or rice, but apart from a few small potatoes I've avoided everything carby.

That's brave! I daren't touch anything like for fear of ruining my (Currently) 'normal' BG levels! I have thought about trying a portion or rice, but apart from a few small potatoes I've avoided everything carby.
Not brave - stupid. Just couldn't face another leafy green + meat. Cannot even claim that it was a test to see if capacity to absorb carbs had increased. Doubtless it will take a week to get back to normal. Ho hum...

Not brave - stupid. Just couldn't face another leafy green + meat. Cannot even claim that it was a test to see if capacity to absorb carbs had increased. Doubtless it will take a week to get back to normal. Ho hum...
Sometimes you just have to push the boundaries a bit. I did yesterday and paid for it. I felt absolutely rotten this morning when I woke up high and I slept really badly. For me it wasn't worth it and it has been a relief to get back on track with low carb today and I appreciate how much better it makes me feel.

So I thought I'd give you all a laugh at my stupid dream...

So by lunchtime my (good?) waking reading was a distant memory and was sitting at 16.something again (sigh).
Anyway was exhausted and got into bed about 1 or 2pm.
I dreamt I woke up and checked my meter and it was 7.5.
I actually woke up at about 7pm with the excitement of a kid on Christmas morning totally expecting to see that 7.5.
Nope. 13.8.
I was so disappointed and heartbroken that diabetic santa didn't deliver like he did in my dream :rofl:

Back