Group 7-day waking average?

I still have all bar one of my old passports, including 3 'blue' ones. Just looked at the one issued on 31/07/1968 - is that really what I looked like aged 20..? - and you're right, they're almost black.
I have all mine... the first one age 15 was valid for 5 years, it was renewed then at the grand fee of £2 and I was still carrying it around when I was 25.... I looked like Helen Shapiro! Probably none of you would remember her.

@Elenka_HM definitely take the novorapid with you and do keep it cool.

Attachments

• IMG_20220307_140435064.jpg
    IMG_20220307_140435064.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 8
Good slightly late morning. I had lots to do and got buried in a major App update. All done now.

BG 4.2 a bit low but still ok

Been out for 88 minutes walk on the beach. Along the way I lost one glove. I had taken them off and shoved them into my coat pocket. The beach here is miles and miles of sand. No chance of finding it. And yet I did. I walked back scouring the lanscape for anything that might look like a glove. I had to walk half way back and it didn't look like a glove from afar. But there it was!! Really pleased with that.

All else seems good. There's that pesky trap door I hear creaking....

Have a great day everyone.

I might go out for another short walk now too.

Ken Barlow once said that on Coronation Street. I’ve taken that advise on too.
Still sitting in jury waiting room along with another 31 people. That is maybe my one thing to do today! :(
First time I did jury service the advice was to bring a few books and a couple of packs of cards.
That way you’ve got loads to read and you can play cards with others in the jury room if you’ve not been called.

I looked like Helen Shapiro! Probably none of you would remember her.
When I saw your post (before I read the text) I thought the very same. What a wonderful voice!! 🙂
Don't Treat Me Like a Child
Walkin' Back to Happiness

and many more

Dez

I have all mine... the first one age 15 was valid for 5 years, it was renewed then at the grand fee of £2 and I was still carrying it around when I was 25.... I looked like Helen Shapiro! Probably none of you would remember her.
Yes, eNORmous beehive and enormous, rich voice! I now have "Walking Back to Happiness" as an earworm for the rest of the day!

I now have "Walking Back to Happiness" as an earworm for the rest of the day!
I'll take that thanks very much, as I have been stuck with Madness "House of Fun" for nearly a week now, for some unknown reason, and it is driving me crackers!! Apologies to anyone who now gets my earworm from that mention. 😱

Yes, eNORmous beehive and enormous, rich voice! I now have "Walking Back to Happiness" as an earworm for the rest of the day!
I'll take that thanks very much, as I have been stuck with Madness "House of Fun" for nearly a week now, for some unknown reason, and it is driving me crackers!! Apologies to anyone who now gets my earworm from that mention. 😱
Ha! I could do with a change of earworm too, and that’ll do fine. I’ve had Joni Mitchell's Chelsea Morning stuck in my head for days, and I don’t even remember hearing it for about 20 years.

That'll be me but I don't mind as I quite like it :rofl: xx

Haven’t got House of Fun in my head but have got Someone Like You by Adele in my head 🙂

That'll be me but I don't mind as I quite like it :rofl: xx
I liked it too last week but it's absolutely doing my head in now!! When I go out for a walk or ride it's just on constant repeat... Arrgh! Maybe it is some sort of Russian warfare system to drive us all mad. Tinnitus is nearly preferable and I say that as someone who has just started to develop it, so I am noticing it quite a lot.

My knowledge of pop post approx 1967 is almost zero, so I'm safe from all of those mentioned, never heard/heard of them!

Sounds like good advice 🙂 I think about it a bit like an umbrella, it seems it always rains the day you forget it. So it's better to carry the umbrella/insulin around and not need it.

Can I ask how did you realize you needed the mealtime insulin? Was it a sudden change in your BG or ...?
Yes definitely! 🙂

I noticed that my levels just weren’t coming down nicely after meals in the same way they used to. At first, my levels would generally come down fairly well with just basal (unless I’d eaten a big, very carb heavy meal for example) but I noticed them gradually being more and more stubborn and remaining elevated even a few hours later.

Got in touch with the DSN and she suggested going on to meal time insulin, even if it was just a very small amount (eg 1 or 2 units for a meal) or only for one meal a day instead of all of three of them at first.

My type 1 has not really been ‘typical’ in this regard but within a month I was on bolus insulin as well as basal and within another month I was learning to count carbs rather than just having a fixed, very small amount of novorapid so it may be at first you also just try a very small, fixed amount and see how you get on before progressing to needing to count carbs. Everyone’s different 🙂

First time I did jury service the advice was to bring a few books and a couple of packs of cards.
That way you’ve got loads to read and you can play cards with others in the jury room if you’ve not been called.
I’m home! I took a book, I’m a big reader anyways, but they had the blooming telly on and it was distracting! We’d have a job playing cards etc as they’re still in Covid mode. We’re all sat two miles away from each other, never mind two metres! Anyhoo, as of 3.30pm today I’m now juror number 10! Of course I can’t tell you anything about it. Suffice to say it’s supposed to last all week. My head will be battered by Friday. 😱

I woke up this morning on a 9.8 and that’s an amazing score for me. I’m very focused and trying so hard. Here’s to a similar or even lower level tomorrow.

Love Adele. Got all her records, and yes I do mean records ie vinyl.
Vinyl is best. Nothing like it. How did you get on asking about scanning/testing/treating the D while a juror?

Love Adele. Got all her records, and yes I do mean records ie vinyl.
Reminds me of the time my nephew was trying to get his head around the concept of compact discs. He was young, maybe 5 or 6 I guess, and said, “ so they’re just really old mp3s then?”

Vinyl records he just refused to believe were capable of playing music.

He DJ’s for his uni radio station now.

I’m home! I took a book, I’m a big reader anyways, but they had the blooming telly on and it was distracting! We’d have a job playing cards etc as they’re still in Covid mode.
@eggyg if you are a big reader and I know you love France... try Martin Walker, Inspector Bruno series. I do seriously recommend them. I am on book 14 in the series now!

Back