Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all.6.8 today. New sensor yesterday and it’s reading a tad higher than my metre at the moment, I’m sure it’ll settle soon.

Had a lovely walk yesterday in the outer lying Lake District fells. The weather was beautiful. Almost six miles along a lovely beck and up to Faulds Brow, quite a small fell but with magnificent views all round. Solway coast, Scotland and Skiddaw. Very peaceful too. Best catch up with the domestic stuff today.

Have a wonderful Wednesday. 🙂

Here’s a couple of photos of the pheasant who was in my garden yesterday morning. No sign of him today. :(

Attachments

• 8B3E2924-D10F-4104-9B6D-A0F8A2794F1A.jpeg
    8B3E2924-D10F-4104-9B6D-A0F8A2794F1A.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 10
  • F21EB26E-9B67-4085-8E26-7CD2768C8BA7.jpeg
    F21EB26E-9B67-4085-8E26-7CD2768C8BA7.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 10
Morning

7.5 today, I tried making protein powder pancakes which were ok, not a complete disaster. I think I might look into exante @ColinUK as I need to shift this excess weight.
There’s a referral link which gives you money off if you use it and gives me an account credit.

Also if you collect Nectar points then access the site through Nectar and you get points.

You need to search for diabetes on there and then submit something like your medical exception certificate in order to qualify for the diabetes discount but it’s worth having.

Morning all.6.8 today. New sensor yesterday and it’s reading a tad higher than my metre at the moment, I’m sure it’ll settle soon.

Had a lovely walk yesterday in the outer lying Lake District fells. The weather was beautiful. Almost six miles along a lovely beck and up to Faulds Brow, quite a small fell but with magnificent views all round. Solway coast, Scotland and Skiddaw. Very peaceful too. Best catch up with the domestic stuff today.

Have a wonderful Wednesday. 🙂

Here’s a couple of photos of the pheasant who was in my garden yesterday morning. No sign of him today. :(
Looks lovely and I’m envious of that landscape on your doorstep.

Morning Folks 11.1

Nurse yesterday went okay. Explained the not been well thing and she will review again in a couple of week as everything is out of whack. She did mention I shouldn't have been told to keep taking my empagliflozin (by another hcp at the gp surgery) when I was ill (vomiting and feeling very dehydrated) and said in future just stop them for a few days until feeling better. Really doesn't give me more faith that everyone I speak to knows enough to keep me safe.
(for those that don't know type 2 drugs, SGLT2 inhibitors can put you in dka (rare) with normal bg (never mind high) readings and when dehydrated, the risk is much increased).
She mentioned sick day rules sheet...never been given one.

No epic plans for today. Maybe a drive later with my sis in law to Glasgow go pick up her grandson. Even if I don't go to get him, I will still go round and steal cuddles :D

Have a brilliant day everyone!

Morning

9.4 on this very cold frosty morning xx

Morning all... just dull and dreary!

7.0 this morning.

Didn’t get to have pancakes yesterday. We were supposed to be going to “Pancakes for the Park” at the local pub in the afternoon. Unlimited pancakes for £3 in aid of the village park, but a loud crash in the morning turned out to be the shower caddy in the en-suite crashing down broken. So instead of the pub we ended up out shopping for a new one. Nothing suitable locally so ended up ordering one on the internet by which time it was too late to go for pancakes.

Ho hum.... i didn’t think a HS counted unless it was FBG?

Good morning! 7'3. I'm starting my food and exercise journal again in case it's useful for my T1 education course next week. Then I'll probably stop during my 5 days holiday and go back to it in time to get around 2 weeks of data for my next appointment with the nurse and dietitian.

By the way, I'm using this holiday to visit London. I went with family a few years ago (the typical tourist experience) and I've been wanting to go again since I moved to England, but I couldn't due to COVID and work. This time I'm on my own so I can choose the pace and the places. I would appreciate any suggestions and tips! 🙂

Good morning! 7'3. I'm starting my food and exercise journal again in case it's useful for my T1 education course next week. Then I'll probably stop during my 5 days holiday and go back to it in time to get around 2 weeks of data for my next appointment with the nurse and dietitian.

By the way, I'm using this holiday to visit London. I went with family a few years ago (the typical tourist experience) and I've been wanting to go again since I moved to England, but I couldn't due to COVID and work. This time I'm on my own so I can choose the pace and the places. I would appreciate any suggestions and tips! 🙂
I am a Londoner so what sort of places interest you?

12.6. Discharged late last night. Really tired but pleased with that. Will write about it later.

Lovely looking pheasant there @eggyg. It would look even lovelier pot-roasted with cider & bacon. 😛

Morning all and 5.7 for me

The BG levels were on a roller coaster last night.
Started feeling a bit sleepy watching the telly - 14.4 and the finger test wasn't very far behind. Half an hour later 3.3 with a downward arrow!

Have a good day everyone

Lovely looking pheasant there @eggyg. It would look even lovelier pot-roasted with cider & bacon. 😛
I’ve only had pheasant a couple of times and wasn’t keen. A bit tough and chewy ( that was maybe my cooking). It was given to us by a “friend” he popped round and hung a couple up in our shed. Mr Eggy knew he was coming but omitted to tell me. I very nearly had heart failure when I walked right into them! The fact they needed plucking and gutting didn’t endear me to the end product either. I’ll stick to watching them in the garden thanks.

...and a happy day to you all...FBG 5.8 this morning, low cloud (or high fog) here, visibility less than 100m, however, house smells brilliant and NO hair tufts this morning. Gardener helped me wash and dry Wolf on Sunday but we couldn't get all the knots out. Amazon obliged with a set of Chinese (i.e.cheap) dog clippers so I put in 2 hours wrestling with the dog "look, matey, you can have sweeties at the front end or smacks at the back end - now lie down, put your teeth away, or else." After a brisk application of both he now has a velvet short tum and inner legs and not a tangle anywhere. Need to replenish the dog treat pile since he hovered up about 12 quids worth - no carbs restriction for him. Next weekend the great pre-foaling tidy up and disinfect. You townies must long for a quiet life in the country...

I am a Londoner so what sort of places interest you?
Thank you Colin! Any ideas are welcome. Nice areas to just have a walk around, markets, bookstores, places to eat 😉 Maybe a museum? I plan to go to the natural history one, I missed this in my other travel, and would be interesting to have another that's a bit different. Especially as a backup plan if the weather is not so good to be outside, which wouldn't be a shock for me :D

I’ve only had pheasant a couple of times and wasn’t keen. A bit tough and chewy ( that was maybe my cooking). It was given to us by a “friend” he popped round and hung a couple up in our shed. Mr Eggy knew he was coming but omitted to tell me. I very nearly had heart failure when I walked right into them! The fact they needed plucking and gutting didn’t endear me to the end product either. I’ll stick to watching them in the garden thanks.
I had venison once in a restaurant - but I found it awfully dear!! :D

Thank you Colin! Any ideas are welcome. Nice areas to just have a walk around, markets, bookstores, places to eat 😉 Maybe a museum? I plan to go to the natural history one, I missed this in my other travel, and would be interesting to have another that's a bit different. Especially as a backup plan if the weather is not so good to be outside, which wouldn't be a shock for me :D
Horniman Museum
Wellcome Foundation
Foundling Museum
Wallace Collection

All worth a visit and all a little off the main tourist path.

Also Courtauld Gallery
And there’s also the V&A if you’re going to the Natural History Museum as it’s only over the road and has the best Museum café out of the whole bunch if you ask me.

If the weather’s decent enough then Kew Gardens or Battersea Park (which also means you get to see the recent redevelopment of Battersea Power Station) both of which you can get to by boat along the Thames.

Download Citymapper onto your phone as it’s the best way of navigating around London by a long way.

@eggyg Pheasants don't only need plucking and gutting, but also you need to pull the tendons out. Plus of course they benefit from a few days' hanging to tenderise them before preparing. Fortunately hubby does all the "nasty things", I just cook em.

6.4 this morning, before driving to coffee morning in the rain. Enjoyed my time there, then went and collected hubby's meds - mine won't be ready until tomorrow. Daughter had her 12 week scan at the hospital this morning whilst the princess was at nursery. The next one is set towards the end of April, a Tuesday, so princess will be dropped off here whilst they go for that one. They don't want to know what they are having, they want it to be a surprise at birth - and I have to say I prefer that too. Daughter thinks she is having another girl, but the fact she has suddenly developed an addiction to bacon sarnies makes me wonder - my eldest daughter wouldn't stop eating those when she was pregnant with my late grandson.
Only another 6 months or so to wait .... lol
Have a good day 🙂

17:14 BS 9.3 with about an hour of DP! My BS has been a bit high the last couple of days as I’ve been coughing quite a bit & quite chesty too! Yesterday I woke on 10.3 a few hours earlier around 15:30 ish as I’m finding hard to sleep & sleeping in when I DO fall asleep!

Tresiba is in & pills: been creeping up later as I’ve gotten up later. Tried a +2 increase in tresiba to try & get my BS a bit lower: doctor said I can try that; I said I’d already done so & it brought me too low but, my BS is higher now so, see if that helps? JB to hand if I need it!

Read 3 more Ian Fleming’s James Bond & about to start the next one, for now, due to budgeting! Finished Goldfinger which had a great passage of Bond & goldfinger playing golf with both cheating to get the upper hand but, James TBF only after he found goldfinger doing it & won! Thunderball in a surprise ending was rescued from death by the vulnerable damsel in distress Domino who turned out to have guts of steel after keeping silent under torture with cigar burns all over her body then, followed Largo with a spear gun & saved Bond! Then, just finished The Spy Who Loved Me before sleeping this morning, around, 7/8am?, & I have to say in an excellent all star cast of narrators it was EXCELLENTLY read by Rosamund Pike: even the male gangster & James Bond voices were outstanding! Will now be moving onto Her Majesty’s Secret Service & there only 2 books left after that with the other 2 being short stories but, I’ll leave that until next month!

A Very Good Evening to you all & wish you all A Wonderful Day coming up tomorrow! 😉

I’m ravenously hungry with my breakfast sitting in front of me so, only the one emoji: otherwise there’ll be more; restrained myself with difficulty! :rofl:

Back