Group 7-day waking average?

@Lucyr I hope your feeling better soon and they can get to the bottom of what's going on xx

Happy St David's day to all.

Libre said 3.9 when I first woke up so I munched on a JB whilst I injected my Levemir and then went back to sleep for an hour and got up on 4.7. My Libre graph isn't showing any red so looks like I have got away with that and perhaps have the opportunity to manage a Unicorn Day today (Congrats to @freesia on yours yesterday) I won't be doing pancakes as I have no "off switch" and it will disrupt my low carb way of eating and I am just really enjoying being on an even keel with that at the moment. @eggyg I am not sure what sort of poor household you came from but even in ours we could afford milk to make our pancakes. We always had butter, sugar and lemon juice on ours. I am not sure why when no one else I know melted butter on them but we always did. 🙄 Maybe I will make a low carb chaffle pancake or two if I have time later and have it with black pudding, salad leaves, tomato and mayonnaise.

@Lucyr So sorry to hear you are in hospital. Really hope they figure out what is going on this time. Please keep us updated.

@harbottle and @MeeTooTeeTwo Looking like we have two strong contenders for the 2022 HS championship already and it is only Feb. Well done guys!

@AndyYates and @THOMASF Welcome to the thread. The "average" part of the thread has now largely been dropped and we usually just post our daily waking reading, although even that often comes second to the chit chat or is largely just an excuse to come and touch base with everyone. Feel free to continue posting your "7 day average" if you wish but just wanted to encourage you to come and post every day and post your morning reading if you would like, rather than just once a week.... and feel free to share any bits of information about your day (diabetes or otherwise) if you would like to. Look forward to getting to know you both better.

6.7 this morning and according to mysugr my assumed HbA1C is 40 but I’ll have that confirmed later in March when I have my annual blood letting ceremony.

Signing in to my medical records and reading the response to the surgery from the diet folk and I’ve been rejected from the NHS diet because my HbA1C is “too low for consideration”. It needs to be above 48.

Morning everyone. 12.0

Waiting on nurse phonecall this morning for a review of new medication dosage. between the booster going straight into a cold, I really don't have an answer to give her as to how well its has been tolerated or working between the dehydration, pulled muscles coughing and erratic bg levels. Hard to tell what's my body being its normal rubbish self and what's virus inflicted.

OT assessment this afternoon for the shower, really keeping my fingers crossed that we get it. Don't know if we will found out right away.

@Lucyr we need to have a word with your meter...explain to it that "Hi" isn't as friendly as it thinks. :rofl: (hugs).
@rebrascora Yay on the HS for yesterday and @MeeTooTeeTwo and @harbottle for todays!
@AndyYates and @THOMASF welcome on in 🙂
@freesia well done on the unicorn day!

Have a great day everyone

Morning

8 for me today, had a lovely afternoon tea with my mum and daughter, my mum and daughter are going to have what was left today, it was delivered all set up. Managed my 2nd fasted 5km yesterday and a lovely yoga session with no attempts at handstands, was a lovely mat session for abs.

@Lucyr - sorry to hear you are in hospital, hope you are home and well again soon.

@MeeTooTeeTwo and @harbottle - congratulations on your HS.

Have a gay everyone.

Yes the Contour Next One is a great meter, far less bulky than most just wish someone made silicone skins for them as I find it a little too slippery xx
I've got a little 'collection' now - a 'Trivium' one (With Bluetooth so it syncs with an app) which I quite like, and the results seem quite consistent - i.e. multiple tests on different fingers at the same time show that the results are very close. (The contour one is also the same in this respect.) These two both have costly strips, though. The Contour is clearly a premium product, though, both the hardware and the software. The Trivium app is not great.

I also have a 'Navii' one that I got because the strips are way cheaper, but it doesn't seem to have a mechanism to get data out of it.

6.6 again this morning
Going to try my hand at keto pancakes later - love Alexa who said we should have leek pancakes, so as to combine pancake day with St David's day - as much as I enjoy leeks, I think I'll give that idea a miss. Fresh lemon juice and "sugar" for me, thank you kindly.
Happy 1st of March too - what a start to the month!
Nothing planned although one of us needs to go to Asda as one of us (cough cough) forgot to get the dog food yesterday .... oopsie!
Enjoy your day 🙂

Morning all and a 6.9 for me although I thought it might have been higher as I was munching biscuits and chocolate last night at our video shoot. BG was refusing to budge from the low 4s.

Looking forward to seeing the results. My role was man on chair wearing my very best charity shop suit with bandaged eyes who was shaking violently.

Think I'll get out in the garden now.

Have a good day everyone.

I also have a 'Navii' one that I got because the strips are way cheaper, but it doesn't seem to have a mechanism to get data out of it.
HomeHealth sell the lead for the Navii to connect to your PC/laptop, in order to upload the data. I keep looking at buying it, but haven't so far .... HERE

HomeHealth sell the lead for the Navii to connect to your PC/laptop, in order to upload the data. I keep looking at buying it, but haven't so far .... HERE

Oh dear, why use a standard USB cable when you can use a weird combination of USB and what looks like an audio jack. Bizarre.

Just ordered one.

I did wonder why the device had an Audio jack on it.

Last edited:
Morning all.. grey but not wet today. So far....

7.3 with a fairly straight line this morning. 100% in range for the last 24 hours (is that a Unicorn day?).

@Lucr sorry you are in hospital. I do hope they get to the bottom of it this time! Have they given you tests for meningitis?

@harbottle and @MeeTooTeeTwo congrats yet again on your HS... Deffo getting to be a habit for both of you.

@AndyYates and @THOMASF welcome to the thread.

Well, I visited my friend yesterday, taking with me a print out of the booklet I wrote for the GPs surgery - showing low carb substitutes for ordinary things e.g. cauli mash/rice etc along with Jennifer's advice. She gave it a very cursory look and as I left she tried to hand it back - I pointed out that I had printed it out for her. Whether she will give it another look I don't know, but whilst I was there she told me that her BG was "usually 14 - 15" when she rarely bothered to test. Horses/water/drink came to mind. It makes me very sad to see a friend ignoring their health as she is already seeing complications and is in a really bad way, hardly able to walk. However, I didn't push the issue at any time I was there as I know that is just counterproductive. To make it worse, her hubby was diagnosed with T2, but lost lots of weight and put himself into remission.

I've got a little 'collection' now - a 'Trivium' one (With Bluetooth so it syncs with an app) which I quite like, and the results seem quite consistent - i.e. multiple tests on different fingers at the same time show that the results are very close. (The contour one is also the same in this respect.) These two both have costly strips, though. The Contour is clearly a premium product, though, both the hardware and the software. The Trivium app is not great.

I use the precursor to the navii and log everything into mySugr.

Good morning! 7'1 today. It seems like I didn't need that basal reduction yesterday, as I went a bit higher than usual, but the numbers were still quite good. Just back to normal dose today.

Yesterday at work we got to taste the new dinner menu. It was a cool experience, lovely food, interesting explanations from the chef...But got me thinking, how would you even bolus for something like a menu tasting?? 18 different dishes, completely different to each other, one or two forkfuls of each...😱

Good morning! 7'1 today. It seems like I didn't need that basal reduction yesterday, as I went a bit higher than usual, but the numbers were still quite good. Just back to normal dose today.

Yesterday at work we got to taste the new dinner menu. It was a cool experience, lovely food, interesting explanations from the chef...But got me thinking, how would you even bolus for something like a menu tasting?? 18 different dishes, completely different to each other, one or two forkfuls of each...😱
I'd do a cautious amount of insulin and keep topping up as I ate.... perhaps 2/3 doses.

@harbottle I've had a few in my 5 years too but all with more expensive strips being that I'm Type 1 and we are given different meters but my list is Optium Neo. Aviva Expert, Aviva as back up, Libre and my Next One, it's the best out the lot as I'm not keen on the foil packages of Optium strips and I had numerous of the bad batches of Aviva strips, I ended up giving my MIL the Aviva with 200 strips when I changed to the Next One xx

AGAIN - Are you serious man!! Do you have any left over crumbs you could throw my way Dez?
LOL I can't help it!!
Just back from a 6 mile walk and I got
1646153808381.png
😎

Happy St David's day to all.

Libre said 3.9 when I first woke up so I munched on a JB whilst I injected my Levemir and then went back to sleep for an hour and got up on 4.7. My Libre graph isn't showing any red so looks like I have got away with that and perhaps have the opportunity to manage a Unicorn Day today (Congrats to @freesia on yours yesterday) I won't be doing pancakes as I have no "off switch" and it will disrupt my low carb way of eating and I am just really enjoying being on an even keel with that at the moment. @eggyg I am not sure what sort of poor household you came from but even in ours we could afford milk to make our pancakes. We always had butter, sugar and lemon juice on ours. I am not sure why when no one else I know melted butter on them but we always did. 🙄 Maybe I will make a low carb chaffle pancake or two if I have time later and have it with black pudding, salad leaves, tomato and mayonnaise.

@Lucyr So sorry to hear you are in hospital. Really hope they figure out what is going on this time. Please keep us updated.

@harbottle and @MeeTooTeeTwo Looking like we have two strong contenders for the 2022 HS championship already and it is only Feb. Well done guys!

@AndyYates and @THOMASF Welcome to the thread. The "average" part of the thread has now largely been dropped and we usually just post our daily waking reading, although even that often comes second to the chit chat or is largely just an excuse to come and touch base with everyone. Feel free to continue posting your "7 day average" if you wish but just wanted to encourage you to come and post every day and post your morning reading if you would like, rather than just once a week.... and feel free to share any bits of information about your day (diabetes or otherwise) if you would like to. Look forward to getting to know you both better.
Very poor Barbara. Milk was a luxury, in fact food was a luxury. Mam sent me up chimneys at 5 and downt pit at 8 when I got too big for that job. I was so hungry I ate pattern ont plate! We dressed in rags and never had any shoes. Pancake Day was just a fantasy as was Christmas and Easter. The one time we celebrated Shrove Tuesday was the day I brought some “glue” home from school. It was just flour and water and I was starving, mam made a pancake and fried it ont open fire and we shared it between the 12 of us. I’ve never celebrated the day since. :rofl:

@eggyg You had a fire?? You were rich! All 15 of us had to huddle around a candle to keep warm and we made pancakes using the skin rasped off me Da's dry and cracked feet cos we couldn't afford flour..... OK.... I think I might have gone too far. o_O Apologies to anyone with a sensitive stomach! (green faced wretching emoji)

Back