Group 7-day waking average?

Afternoon! I’m here. 5.6, which I’m delighted with.
Split insulin dose for tea last night as I was down to 4.6 and I was going out. Left the house on 7.1 Checked my BGs every hour or so and it hardly moved. Had a great night, vino, talking, dancing. Got home at 1.30am! So basal times all to pot today. Never mind it was worth it even though I appear to have left my voice somewhere on the dance floor! Can barely speak. Quiet day for Mr Eggy! 😉

Had our Sunday full English, don’t worry I haven’t totally lost the plot, I know it’s Saturday, but we’ve a birthday party to attend at 12pm tomorrow and we don’t want to be full of Cumberland sausage when they cut the birthday cake. :rofl:

Congrats @sg295 @harbottle and @rebrascora on the hat trick of HSs. Jolly good work. Have a stupendous Saturday everyone, no named storms at least. 🙂

Thanks, well done on the readings.

Sounds like a great night! Me and the wife are going out tonight to see Dr Hook featuring Dennis Locorriere. A band I grew up listening to as my parents used to like them and played them in the car on long journey. Will be a bit sad, as my Dad died when I was 32 (He was Type 2 but didn't really manage to control it and had a stroke when he was 60) and my Mum died 3 years ago.

Just to let you know. I just spent 2.5 Hrs walking on the beach. Enjoyed it too. Refreshed but aching slightly. Probably about six miles and the fairly strong wind was directly in my face all the way back. Great exercise.

Thanks for all your support. It's the only support I get.

The rest of the day will be fine. I am just about to make a hot pot but for an experiment I will slow cook it in the Ninja Foodi and see what the results are like.

Morning all this bright and breezy sunny day!

7.3 this morning, following another hypo at 1am and the rest of the night on -20% basal. I think I may have to adjust basal rates down from about 11pm to 3am if this happens again tonight.

Congratulations @rebrascora, @harbottle and @sg295 on your HS.

@eggyg, glad to hear you enjoyed your night out.

@Gwynn, huge hugs, sorry to hear you are feeling more and more isolated. As you seem to be able to get out for an hour or two is there anything you could attend/join to relieve the isolation e.g. some sort of adult ed course or similar?

If you don't mind me asking who do you use? I've bought from My Little Melts and Devon Wick that we've melted so far and I've got Kylie's Creations (A Scottish vendor) and My Little Wax Box Co down at Bruce's for mums present, we use an electric melter as it's safer with having Bubbles here, I've signed up to newsletters for so many wax melt sites its unreal! :rofl: xx
a lassie i know online makes them. will pm you the fb group link (not sure on rules about sharing those links publicly on here) or I pickup yankee melts.
Im a sucker for the clean cotton and baby powder type :D

11:03 BS 6.9 🙂 Fairly happy with that & the head cold has cleared up with just a bit of coughing left last night. My nose is still a bit blocked this morning but, no wetness & will eventually clear the longer I’m upright: it’s the horizontal position while sleeping that creates the blockage; my running nose yesterday cleared itself after ai got up!🙄

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Saw last night’s last episode this year of Death in Paradise actually live before going to bed. It was a transitional season with some episodes a bit below par but, it was the 11th series & it’s a challenge to keep things fresh with reasonably difficult to solve cases! The revelation at the end about the commissioner may mean another new cast member next year? :confused:

Also, started watching Freeze on BBC3, yay! it’s back on tv & iPlayer, about British figure skaters & found it fascinating: binged watch all 4 episodes so far! 😛

Also, caught up on UK Drag Race v’s the World & MY WORD! 😱 In a series of shocks every episode so far that last one was a HUMDINGER!!! Rupaul gasped, Michelle Visage covered her eyes with her hands, Rupaul’s delayed gasp of Wow!, Clara Amfo looked shocked & miserable, all the queens shocked & upset, even the winner who chose the lipstick looked shocked at how that elimination went!😱😱😱 MY! It’s definitely VERY cut throat now!😱

Also, caught up on Amazing Hotels & I’ve never heard of The Lanesborough in the Belgravia part of London! But, that amazing guest book of signatures from famous guests that have stayed there:- Diana Princess of Wales, President Gorbachev, Madonna, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder & even The Queen who only lives on the other side of the park at Buckingham Palace had stayed there! 😱😎

I love going for afternoon tea in swanky hotels in London, had some on my foreign trips too, & been to The Ritz at Green Park, The Connaught in Mayfair & The Hampshire at Leicester Square over the years & would love to go to Afternoon Tea at The Lanesborough at Belgravia for a quite easily bookable & reasonably priced £55 per head as of now: probably due to the pandemic on both counts & will change later; but, it’s on the list now of swanky places to enjoy Afternoon Tea! 😛😎:rofl:😉 You may remember that the swankiest olace that I ever had Afternoon Tea at was The Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong, technically in Kowloon, with a waterfall inside the lobby & a four string quartet playing waltzes while I had my tea, sandwiches, cakes, pastries & scones: a once in a lifetime experience; never to be forgotten!😛

Can't say they ever dripped it into mines, they usually just rubbed the area with a cotton bud that had been soaked in anaesthetic numerous times before carrying them out xx
Hi @Kaylz, have you been having the same treatment or possibly a different procedure?
firstly I had Lucentis then a few years ago it got changed to Eylea

Hi @Kaylz, have you been having the same treatment or possibly a different procedure?
firstly I had Lucentis then a few years ago it got changed to Eylea
I had numerous Eyelea done the end of 2016 and all through 2017, my diabetic macular oedema diagnosis came less than a month after my diabetes diagnosis xx

Sorry to say this but after a good walk I came home and my wife has become very ill again. She believes we have intruders again and that people are trying to poison her. She even thinks I am. She is very unhappy (who wouldn't be if they believed that). She is back to d3manding cameras around the house and alarms everywhere (which I refuse to do as it is pointless and they would change nothing). So she also now refuses to leave the house and enjoy life with me doing 'stuff'.

This is so tough.

Not much reward for trying so hard to de-stress her life and giving up mine..

Rant over

Sorry to say this but after a good walk I came home and my wife has become very ill again. She believes we have intruders again and that people are trying to poison her. She even thinks I am. She is very unhappy (who wouldn't be if they believed that). She is back to d3manding cameras around the house and alarms everywhere (which I refuse to do as it is pointless and they would change nothing). So she also now refuses to leave the house and enjoy life with me doing 'stuff'.

This is so tough.

Rant over
Oh no I hope she gets better soon

6.1 this morning but had no time to post. Late lunch now after going cinema with daughter and the princess to see Sing 2.
Had too much of a good time at my friend's birthday party last night, only a little vodka but it went to my head - whoopsie! Found myself singing a song with the singer - as long as no-one videoed it, it'll be fine - I don't do singing except indoors, on my own! lol I also danced over 2000 steps - and I still couldn't sleep last night.
Have a good weekend 🙂

I had numerous Eyelea done the end of 2016 and all through 2017, my diabetic macular oedema diagnosis came less than a month after m
I hope your treatment helped, for me the treatment has maintained things
and stopped the eyes getting worse.

Thanks, well done on the readings.

Sounds like a great night! Me and the wife are going out tonight to see Dr Hook featuring Dennis Locorriere. A band I grew up listening to as my parents used to like them and played them in the car on long journey. Will be a bit sad, as my Dad died when I was 32 (He was Type 2 but didn't really manage to control it and had a stroke when he was 60) and my Mum died 3 years ago.
That takes me back. In the late 70s I worked in Chelsea Girl and of course had music on all day. Dr Hook was one of my favourites. A few years later we had a refit and a new music system installed. We got to share the tapes, I took Dr Hook. I think I’ll hunt it out. Sylvia’s Mother is brilliant.

Last edited:
I hope your treatment helped, for me the treatment has maintained things
and stopped the eyes getting worse.
Thanks it did, I was the most successful case my consultant had seen xx

This is so tough.

Rant over
That sounds really hard. I hope things get better. Is there any help you both can get from someone? Though I imagine it's not easy to get people around when she is having these fears...
Big hugs, take care of yourself as much as you can.

@Gwynn what options do you have of support for YOU? respite / carers breaks? Any day centre places and carers support groups?
Do you have a social worker assigned who can maybe help put some things into place to get you a break a day a week with some longer periods of time occasionally?

You are a massive part of her care plan which means your needs also must be met and supported 🙂 << just reminding you that you matter too!!
I'm glad you can get out and go for a walk to clear your head a bit and let out the emotions because, lets be real, its tough to get through some days without even considering the future.

Getting somethings in place now also means when you hit crisis point and it becomes a necessity for survival (for your mental health) then there are doors already opened and things can be stepped up and you are more closely monitored for support needs.

Sorry if you have already beat your head against brick walls with the above suggestions <3

Hi everyone! My BG was 5'8 when I got up.

I had a stressful start of the morning as I somehow slept through my alarms and was late for staff meeting at 12:30. Almost run there, apparently didn't miss much except the only question I had, they had already replied it. But they told me again, so no problem.

Tomorrow we have the Christmas staff party which was delayed due to COVID. I wanted to get a handbag because I didn't have a nice one, and was lucky to find one I like in a charity shop for only £5. Then I tried "langos", a Hungarian food from a food truck that comes to the town centre in the weekend. Tastes good but too filling for me!

Quite a busy Saturday. No time to stop now, I have the evening shift. Take care everyone! 🙂

Gll yes there is zero support. I am very VERY alone.

Yesterday was hell itself....all day. Well, after midday for the rest of the day.

The problem really is that I cannot get help for her. She has to request it herself. I cannot get help for me either. There is none. However, I may go and talk to the doctor again as I am getting very upset with it all.

I was stunned yesterday when she accused me and my daughter and her partner of poisoning her. But then she has accused everyone of that, and I mean everyone. All her work colleagues (she has had to leave many jobs because of the poisoning thinking), friends (we have none now), church members, any society members (when I tried to join various societies), my sister, you name it... then there's the odd accompanying behaviour... constantly sealing up her food with tape, hiding stuff, locking doors, blocking chests of drawers, etc...and then...the accompanying demands...new door locks, security cameras, house alarms...and so on...

What I really struggle with, me being very logical, is the fact that she cannot see how skewed and strange her thinking and behaviour is. She really does believe that everyone is trying to harm her and she is frightened ALL the time. And yet her only evidence is that sometimes she feels a bit ill (and I mean 'a bit'. A normal minor tummy upset sort of thing). She has never ever considered seeing a doctor to see if there is an underlying condition but prefers to believe she is being poisoned. AND she is so good and quick at being angry. It is so sad.

Anyway BG this morning is 4.7

I didn't eat yesterday because of the upset of it all. Sad really because I had gone to a lot of trouble to make a hot pot for her. But it was even stranger. She accused me of trying to poison her, ate the hot pot but threw away a mug of tea I had made for her. Nothing she says or does makes any real sense.

Today I may go to our local church just to get away from it all

Have a great day whatever you do today

Last edited:
Back