Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. Mostly sunny and no discernable wind.

6.4 this morning, more or less flat line overnight after a completely tasteless chicken tagine with giant cous cous. Memo to self - tear up that recipe!

@Kopiert - that cartoon is so me!

Sometimes even the most tried and tested recipes come out a bit flat with no obvious reason but I’m guessing it was a new recipe rather than a favourite.

One of my go to places for good recipes and for an explanation of why they work is Felicity Cloake’s column in The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2013/mar/13/how-make-perfect-chicken-tagine

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2020/mar/25/how-to-cook-the-perfect-vegetable-tagine-recipe

https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...he-perfect-lamb-tagine-felicity-cloake-recipe

@sg295 so glad your appointment was a positive one. It sounds like your DSN is really helpful.

I miss having someone to ring and ask questions. Being referred back to GP care i don't have that. I'm not struggling enough to be referred back to the DSN but it would be good to be able to ring up and just ask what i could/should do or be reassured about things.

@Grannylorraine sorry to hear you are struggling. Could you just give yourself a bit of time, say a couple of days or so, have a break and get yourself in the right frame of mind. You seem to have had a lot on lately, as well as dealing with diabetes. Try not to be too hard on yourself.

Sometimes even the most tried and tested recipes come out a bit flat with no obvious reason but I’m guessing it was a new recipe rather than a favourite.

One of my go to places for good recipes and for an explanation of why they work is Felicity Cloake’s column in The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2013/mar/13/how-make-perfect-chicken-tagine

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2020/mar/25/how-to-cook-the-perfect-vegetable-tagine-recipe

https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...he-perfect-lamb-tagine-felicity-cloake-recipe
Hi @ColinUK that first recipe above is virtually the same as the recipe I followed (evidently torn from Delicious magazine)... except my recipe only said 1/4 tsp ginger, I put 1.5 tsp in. I think I might have been disappointed because I am used to a more "sweet and sour" tagine e.g. something with dates or apricots in it and a richer sauce. Hubby said he really liked it.

@Martin.A I have Claudia Roden's "Arabesque" book. On page 110 is a delicious recipe for lamb with new potatoes, peas and preserved lemons which we've enjoyed more than a few times.

@sg295 - very glad you have a receptive DSN - it makes all the difference. Keeping fingers crossed for you that you do get a pump.

Good day all. Cockahoop this morning with a 7.8 @ 4.19am so pleased with that reading. 🙂

Have just realised I went over to the health centre without having a shave. Very embarrassing. 🙄 Mind you I was wearing a mask so that's alright then. :D

Enjoy your evenings peoples.

RIP Olive from On The Buses. :(

@sg295 so glad your appointment was a positive one. It sounds like your DSN is really helpful.

I miss having someone to ring and ask questions. Being referred back to GP care i don't have that. I'm not struggling enough to be referred back to the DSN but it would be good to be able to ring up and just ask what i could/should do or be reassured about things.

@Grannylorraine sorry to hear you are struggling. Could you just give yourself a bit of time, say a couple of days or so, have a break and get yourself in the right frame of mind. You seem to have had a lot on lately, as well as dealing with diabetes. Try not to be too hard on yourself.
Hi @freesia

Yes I’m very lucky, my DSN is lovely and will always try to help me in any way she can 🙂

I was contacting her quite a lot for about the first month or 2 after diagnosis as obviously I was new and didn’t really know what I was doing. Then I started getting the hang of things so it was fine. Now although physically I’m managing it ok, it’s this emotional stuff that is bothering me so I’m very grateful to be back in touch with her again to help me through it as she’s so nice and supportive!

Must be tricky to not always be able to do that but I’m glad you’re generally ok and it just goes to show if you’re ever not ok, they’re still always there to support you and you can get back in touch any time 🙂

Today at work I had one of those busier than expected shifts, and I was feeling absolutely exhausted. I wanted to finish the job quick and go home but I had no energy. As always these days, when anything feels off my first question is what is my BG doing. I checked twice in 2 hours (in a time of the day I never do). BG was like "girl, I am here chilling at 6 mmols, stop blaming me for all your problems 🙄".

Must be just the lack of sleep, I know it gives me confusing symptoms. Sometimes I even feel a bit drunk, which some people says can happen when you are hypo as well. More reason to get my sleep schedule fixed!

Hi @ColinUK that first recipe above is virtually the same as the recipe I followed (evidently torn from Delicious magazine)... except my recipe only said 1/4 tsp ginger, I put 1.5 tsp in. I think I might have been disappointed because I am used to a more "sweet and sour" tagine e.g. something with dates or apricots in it and a richer sauce. Hubby said he really liked it.

@Martin.A I have Claudia Roden's "Arabesque" book. On page 110 is a delicious recipe for lamb with new potatoes, peas and preserved lemons which we've enjoyed more than a few times.

@sg295 - very glad you have a receptive DSN - it makes all the difference. Keeping fingers crossed for you that you do get a pump.
Hi @Pattidevans

Yes my DSN is lovely and super supportive which really helps!

Thank you, keeping my fingers crossed to! She said she would let me know the decision on Friday 🙂

Hi @Pattidevans

Yes my DSN is lovely and super supportive which really helps!

Thank you, keeping my fingers crossed to! She said she would let me know the decision on Friday 🙂
Oh Wow! I didn't realise it would be that quick to get a decision!! Will be keeping fingers tightly crossed for a positive response for you. Will she ring you to let you know?

Oh Wow! I didn't realise it would be that quick to get a decision!! Will be keeping fingers tightly crossed for a positive response for you. Will she ring you to let you know?
Yes I was pretty surprised too! Thank you 🙂 She was going to text/call me but actually I need to see her in person again on Friday (I was meant to have some bloods taken and it didn’t get done so she’s asked to see me again on Friday to do them then) 🙂

Morning all!

5.9 here. Bit of a drizzly start, and the Franklin-delayed recyclers are up and about early doors.

Good morning 6.9 today (expected after Cornish Pasty yesterday evening)

very welcome news from the hospital yesterday
appointment for steroid injection to my ankle next Tuesday (arthritis in ankle)
so they’ve booked a drive through covid test then isolate for 3 days
before Tuesdays procedure.

Last Monday I had my eyes again injected (ongoing treatment)
then like most of us obviously I inject myself daily / weekly
think I’m going to change my name to MrPinCushion :rofl:

have a great day everybody 😎

Last edited:
Good morning - 4.9

Morning All 9.3

Really chocked with this cough and cold. Thirsty and been vomiting last night so need to skip meds and call GPs on opening and see what they want me to do (oh the joys - can't wait to play that "will I get thru game" at 8.30am).
Can keep sips of fluids down (can't get enough of them) but haven't tried food again yet. (keytostix say clear 😉)

Woken up to a bunch of snow so will see how tesco delivery goes this morning, well more like if they make it or not.

Have a great day everyone 🙂

Good morning everyone

Tuesday was a dreadful day. Sadly my wife was not well all day. Better yesterday though.

I had my cataract operation eye check yesterday. All went well. No problems and definitely improved sight. Three new pairs of glasses ordered. Reading, computer, distance.

BG this morning 4.8

Pouring with rain out there but at some point I do have to go out to get some food for tonight. Why why why so much rain and gales?

Have a great day whatever you get up to today (weather permitting )

Good morning folks. 6.7, back to normal.
We too have woken to snow, not a bunch like @gll but a very slight covering which is disappearing as I write this.

Early beautifying appointments this morning, then a dash home for lunch to await a telephone consultation from the ENT department about the head MRI I had last month. Must admit to some trepidation, if it was clear surely they would have sent me a letter, “ You’re ok, get lost and don’t darken our door again”, sort of missive. I’m probably overthinking it of course and since I got the letter about the appointment last week, I’ve gone through every possible scenario and more! I’ll let you know tomorrow of my fate.

Must dash, ‘tache waxing and wig bashing to be had.
Have a good day all. 🙂

Ouch! @goodybags - MrPinCushion indeed.o_O

Morning folks. 🙂 3.8 here. Nothing makes sense lately. I’ll try rearranging the lounge furniture - see if THAT gets my BG back in line.😳🙂

I would say “don’t worry” @eggyg but unfortunately we’re designed to do just that - I hope it’s nothing major. Don’t worry!

Way-hay @harbottle. :D

Morning all, 5.5 here. Managed a full nights sleep despite the fact that son is home for a few days, he came back yesterday for a dentists appointment and decided to work from our home for a couple of days, then spend the weekend here because he wants to watch Rally Sweden and needs his father's BT Sport account. He has the tail end of a cough (non Covid) and the decibel level from that, and his heavy footsteps, has to be heard to be believed, (I love him really!)
Hope all is well at your appointment today, @eggyg .

Back