Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all... what a super picture @Grannylorraine !

So for the time being we have a blue sky (following the rain earlier), but I shan't be going anywhere.
10.2 this morning after having been in the 11s overnight. Not surprising since I woke with a nose running like a tap, a cough and generally feeling blah. So I did an LFT and sure enough I have Covid. Unsure where I got it as I haven't been out anywhere since last Weds, except for the dentist on Friday. Still, I suppose that could have been where I got it. So have had to cancel my Drs appointment this afternoon, but she will ring me instead. It's actually quite hard to get the right advice off the govt. website about whether or not to have a follow up PCR (seems not) or whether J needs to isolate - it seems not if he's triple jabbed.

So valentine's dinner cancelled - fillet steak at home... though I did get a nice card!

Congratulations @harbottle on the HS... you are making a habit of this!

@ColinUK so glad you have been inspired by @Grannylorraine and can now see what fun you will have on your run.

@Martin.A your day out sounded lovely!

Everyone else take care... and HAPPY VALENTINES!

Just back from blood tests & hopefully won’t catch a cold likeevery other time I’ve been out! 🙄

Discovered just before I left the house why I was low yesterday & too late to change tresiba as it’s already in: another cycle; will be hopping on my toes now & going conservative on the NR! Good thing I checked my BS before leaving the house as at less than 2 hours after breakfast it was 5.7: took a precautionary JB; then, added an oatcake just in case of delays! Thankfully not much of a delay: only 10 minutes late which is practically on time; home for 12:15! o_O

Your link works fine @Grannylorraine & well done on your run! 😎:D

Last edited:
Morning all... what a super picture @Grannylorraine !

So for the time being we have a blue sky (following the rain earlier), but I shan't be going anywhere.
10.2 this morning after having been in the 11s overnight. Not surprising since I woke with a nose running like a tap, a cough and generally feeling blah. So I did an LFT and sure enough I have Covid. Unsure where I got it as I haven't been out anywhere since last Weds, except for the dentist on Friday. Still, I suppose that could have been where I got it. So have had to cancel my Drs appointment this afternoon, but she will ring me instead. It's actually quite hard to get the right advice off the govt. website about whether or not to have a follow up PCR (seems not) or whether J needs to isolate - it seems not if he's triple jabbed.

So valentine's dinner cancelled - fillet steak at home... though I did get a nice card!

@ColinUK so glad you have been inspired by @Grannylorraine and can now see what fun you will have on your run.

@Martin.A your day out sounded lovely!

Everyone else take care... and HAPPY VALENTINES!
Oh no! What a nuisance. From what I’ve gleaned from the Gov website. Only have PCR if you have symptoms and hubby doesn’t have to isolate as he’s been jabbed. It’s very complex, although can’t see point in PCR unless you need it to prove you’ve got it for work/insurance etc. daughter never bothered when she had it two weeks ago. You should do another LF in the 5th and 6th day after symptoms started and if both negative you’ll be a free woman! Hope you can still taste your steak tonight. Big hugs.

13.3 was might to be my before backfast test. But had having breakfast a bit later and it was 14.4( before. Oh well at last it eventually came down by lunch). And tomorrow another day.

I hope the pharmacy has my strips today. I ordered them last Monday and tried my luck on Friday, but not only didn't have them, they checked my name and said they didn't have any records on me since last summer.
Little update: I am pleased to say I got my strips and needles. And as a little Valentine's gift, 200 urine ketones test that I didn't order but my nurse had put them in the prescription and I didn't have any yet. Good to have some, hope I don't need them often!

I must remember to explain the people in the pharmacy about my surnames. In my country people don't change surnames when they get married and we have 2 surnames each (one from the father and one from the mother). It can get confusing in England as people think one is a middle name or something like that. I wonder if that's why they couldn't find my records last week :confused:😳

Morning all... what a super picture

Yes... I am wondering if I really need to be testing so much, as I'm finding the values very consistent and not really gaining anything from it. (I eat the same meals most of the time, so have stopped doing it as much during the day.)

Yes... I am wondering if I really need to be testing so much, as I'm finding the values very consistent and not really gaining anything from it. (I eat the same meals most of the time, so have stopped doing it as much during the day.)
Maybe just test in the morning and after eating something new? Otherwise we'd miss you on this thread!

Oh no! What a nuisance. From what I’ve gleaned from the Gov website. Only have PCR if you have symptoms and hubby doesn’t have to isolate as he’s been jabbed. It’s very complex, although can’t see point in PCR unless you need it to prove you’ve got it for work/insurance etc. daughter never bothered when she had it two weeks ago. You should do another LF in the 5th and 6th day after symptoms started and if both negative you’ll be a free woman! Hope you can still taste your steak tonight. Big hugs.
Yes, thank you @eggyg. It became much plainer when I went onto the NHS covid app to fill in details of my contacts, but honestly .gov.uk has you running in circles as some pages don't seem to have been updated with current rules. Not entirely sure how far away from hubby I should be keeping, or if it's pointless since we have been sharing a bed already. Just keeping fingers crossed it gets no worse... I have had worse colds... thank goodness for the 3 vaccinations. BTW your breakfast tray looked lovely!
And as a little Valentine's gift, 200 urine ketones test that I didn't order but my nurse had put them in the prescription and I didn't have any yet. Good to have some, hope I don't need them often!
It's many years since I had the urine strips, but I think they start to degrade as soon as you open the packaging. You can now get blood ketone strips. They're expensive to the NHS but if they are compatible with your BG meter (they are with the Libre reader) then they are much much easier to use and far more accurate. Good luck you won't need them.

It's many years since I had the urine strips, but I think they start to degrade as soon as you open the packaging. You can now get blood ketone strips. They're expensive to the NHS but if they are compatible with your BG meter (they are with the Libre reader) then they are much much easier to use and far more accurate. Good luck you won't need them.
Thank you! I have some blood ketone strips that are compatible with my BG meter, yes, the nurse gave them to me when I was diagnosed. But she put the urine ones in the repeat prescription, I guess because they are cheaper as you said.

Thank you! I have some blood ketone strips that are compatible with my BG meter, yes, the nurse gave them to me when I was diagnosed. But she put the urine ones in the repeat prescription, I guess because they are cheaper as you said.
You really should ask to have the blood ones on your prescription as urine strips tell you what was going on about 4 hours previously xx

Hi everyone hope you're all good 🙂
At 07:09 yesterday morning BG was 8.5. 11.0u tresiba taken.
At 6:48 this morning BG was 15.6 - reason I think I had one too many biscuits at bedtime. 11.0u tresiba taken. 2.5u humalog correction.

Popping in late - not long before I start on our evening meal!
6.6 this morning - had a little bit of breakfast out, checked before lunch and got 5.5, just checked again and it is 5.6 - I wonder if this means one day I might see the magic 5.2 - oh we can but hope! lol

You really should ask to have the blood ones on your prescription as urine strips tell you what was going on about 4 hours previously xx
Oh, I had no idea. I will ask then. Thanks for the info! ☺️

What bg menter to you use?

@harbottle congrats on the HS.
@eggyg breakfast looks good, meal sounds even better. Enjoy.
@Grannylorraine great photo!
@Pattidevans sorry to hear you have Covid. When i had it the other week, i didn't bother with a PCR as 2 positive LFTs were enough. Hubby slept in a different room but we couldn't be apart anywhere else in the house so just sat on opposite sides of the room and i wore a mask if we were closer eg kitchen. We only did this as if he caught it, he doesn't get paid if off sick so we just tried to minimise our contact as much as we could. I hope your symptoms are mild and you feel better soon.

Maybe just test in the morning and after eating something new? Otherwise we'd miss you on this thread!

Yes, I’ll be doing it when eating something new. Maybe carry on in the morning as well. I’ll be getting a ‘Contour next one’ soon so I’ll want to try that out!

sorry to hear you have Covid. When i had it the other week, i didn't bother with a PCR as 2 positive LFTs were enough. Hubby slept in a different room but we couldn't be apart anywhere else in the house so just sat on opposite sides of the room and i wore a mask if we were closer eg kitchen. We only did this as if he caught it, he doesn't get paid if off sick so we just tried to minimise our contact as much as we could. I hope your symptoms are mild and you feel better soon.
I think 1 positive LFT and symptoms confirm it for me.. but hopefully the symptoms stay as they are. Did you have severe symptoms?

Are the strips economical?
Well they are more expensive than others, about the same price as the true metrix ones I currently use, but I was interested in trying it. The reader is free.

Back