Group 7-day waking average?

09:40 BS 8.0 Ok a smidgey bit higher than I’d like but, reduced dinner NR a smidge to wake a smidge bit higher & it’s ended up more than a smidge: micro management; better NOT go down THAT rabbit hole again! 🙄o_O:rofl:😉

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

PS:- SO happy to have noticed, maybe around for a while BEFORE I noticed it, & have this MUCH BETTER laughing emoji, :rofl:, to use as the cheesy grin, :D, just doesn’t cut it!:rofl:🙄😉 I ONLY just noticed it when posting this morning: the number of available emoji’s to use has been steadily increasing lately & I’m SO pleased to see them: use them too; WHEN I notice them, eventually!:rofl:😉

Good morning peeps
A straight 9 this morning. Think I should try a compensation injection of NovoRapid with no food to bring it down but as that acts, RAPIDLY, 4 and a half hours not sure. I haven’t tried any compensation yet and the bolus calculator not yet set up. Any advice?
Do you have a half unit pen? If not I personally wouldn’t do a correction if I was in single figures. 1 unit would bring me down 3 and I wouldn’t chance it if I wasn’t going to eat. You could eat and add a correction. Just keep checking your BGs.

@DuncanLord just noticed you appear to be on fixed amounts of NovaRapid. So I take it you’re not carb counting? You weren’t thinking of having the whole 10 units without food were you? Please don’t, it may not end well. When are you next speaking/seeing your DSN? Could you email them and ask the question? Maybe a Type 2 on insulin could help better than me. @Lucyr maybe.

ColinUk: That's amazing chocolate work.

I got as far as easter eggs and a heart and lots of solid shapes. I've stopped doing chocolate for now cos I keep eating the wretched things. !!! 🙂

6.1 @ 0726 and a pleasant 100% TiR with 6.8mmol average over the last 24hrs. 94% over the week which isn't shabby.

I’m with them too. The pump nurse is lovely. Are you on a pump?
I'm not on a pump at the moment. Whilst my honeymoon continues and the variability that goes with it, I think sticking to stabbing myself will lessen any complications. It's another area to learn about though and the education continues so will reach out in the forum at some point for guidance.

Morning all - looks like a nice day!

4.7 at 8:35 - at 8:44 it was warning me that it had dropped to 4.2... so a ginger cookie and a Dextrose later it was up to 8.3.

Off out to lunch with a g/f.

Congrats to @rebrascora.

Be good children!

@DuncanLord just noticed you appear to be on fixed amounts of NovaRapid. So I take it you’re not carb counting? You weren’t thinking of having the whole 10 units without food were you? Please don’t, it may not end well. When are you next speaking/seeing your DSN? Could you email them and ask the question? Maybe a Type 2 on insulin could help better than me. @Lucyr maybe.
No I’m carb counting and adjusting the dose of NovoRapid.
At present 1 unit for 10 carbs for breakfast and lunch and 1 unit for 10 carbs minus 1 unit for Dinner.
However the dinner one is open for adjustment. It’s been swinging from 1 unit to 10 carbs to 1 unit for 10 carbs minus 2 and back over the last couple of weeks.
Each time I ring the diabetes centre each nurse comes up with different figures.

6.3 again this morning. Daughter and granddaughter picking me up around noon for a trip to IKEA. We might have a spot of lunch there I guess, salmon is starting to feel like a good option in that case. No potatoes whatever I choose.
Have a good day all.

10.8 this morning. GP called first thing to say my white cells are high and to get a taxi to hospital straight away, so just having lots of tests today. Explains the high bgs at least.

No I’m carb counting and adjusting the dose of NovoRapid.
At present 1 unit for 10 carbs for breakfast and lunch and 1 unit for 10 carbs minus 1 unit for Dinner.
However the dinner one is open for adjustment. It’s been swinging from 1 unit to 10 carbs to 1 unit for 10 carbs minus 2 and back over the last couple of weeks.
Each time I ring the diabetes centre each nurse comes up with different figures.
Ahh I see. So possibly your morning ratio may need changed to help with resistance/Dawn Phenomenon. My ratios are 1:5 morning 1:10 lunch, sometimes only 1:20 evening meal. You could certainly experiment with breakfast ratio, start 1:7.5 maybe or just as I suggested earlier just add another unit for good luck. But you must keep checking your BGs. Good luck.

10.8 this morning. GP called first thing to say my white cells are high and to get a taxi to hospital straight away, so just having lots of tests today. Explains the high bgs at least.

Really sorry to hear you are in hospital Lucy but relieved that you are now getting properly checked out as weeks of constant headache is very worrying. Hope it is something that they can fix easily. Sending (((HUGS))) and positive vibes.

I'm not on a pump at the moment. Whilst my honeymoon continues and the variability that goes with it, I think sticking to stabbing myself will lessen any complications. It's another area to learn about though and the education continues so will reach out in the forum at some point for guidance.
Ah, good thinking, sorry I hadn't realised you were still in honeymoon. I didn't see anyone at Treliske until I went on a pump. I was under the clinic at West Cornwall hospital in Penzance before that. The nurse I used to see at WC was blooming evil, but thankfully I'd been transferred to Treliske and she left. I see one at West Cornwall from now on, but she's new, sounds absolutely lovely and is T1 herself. I'll still be under the Endo at Treliske though.

Good morning! 6'1 today. First time I try checking before even getting up from bed, as I see some of you do it. Would be interesting to test when I usually do and see if there is any difference, but couldn't be bothered this morning. I usually check around 5 minutes after getting up, so not a long time anyway.

Really sorry to hear you are in hospital Lucy but relieved that you are now getting properly checked out as weeks of constant headache is very worrying. Hope it is something that they can fix easily. Sending (((HUGS))) and positive vibes.
Thanks, it’s a relief to be checked out properly and given some drugs that work. Just waiting to find out the next steps but hopefully means we can finally get rid of the headaches

A first venture into the garden since mid October, what a mess as nothing cleared up. Filled the bird feeders, why do they make then so hard to clean out, residues of mouldy seeds below where the birds can actually eat them.
Planted some sprouting daffodil bulbs in pots which had remained in the bags in the hope they will do something to give a bit of spring colour. Winter flowering jasmine and witch hazel in flower so that was nice to see.
I am hoping for some mild days to start sowing seeds in the propagators over the next couple of weeks.
A bit of sun makes a huge difference.

Hi everyone. At 7:10 BG was 12.0 above target by 2mmol. Reason unknown. 11.0u tresiba done. At 10:04 before breakfast BG was 10.2. 36g carbs. 4.5u humalog for food and 0.5u correction.

@Lucyr I'm really sorry to hear that you're in hospital. Sending you some good luck hugs for a speedy recovery 🙂 x

Back