Group 7-day waking average?

Earlier at work, a colleague from another department (doesn't know I am diabetic) came looking for sweeteners for her coffee. She told me she is not having sugar and she is not very happy about it. I'll take a wild guess and say she is trying to lose weight. When I replied all friendly "oh, I am not taking sugar either!" she went "but you are fu**** skinny!" :rofl:

PS: I am afraid I lied saying I don't take sugar, there's room for improvement there, but I don't put it on drinks.

Bit late but I was 8.6 this morning. Spoken to the GP today and he’s prescribed naproxen and ordered some bloods as urgent so that I can get them done today, to see if there’s anything causing the headaches.

6.3 this morning. Went to coffee morning and local shops, home for lunch then out with hubby to walk the dog and feed the ducks, swans, geese, moorhens and a hoard of greedy gulls, then to another shop - finally got on laptop! Will be time to start the dinner soon ....
Enjoy the rest of the day 🙂

Sigh. Wrote out the morning post...forgot to actually post it :rofl:

9.0 was this morning

Eye screening was easy yesterday. No drops. Just need to wait for results. The lassie couldn't tell me anything other than it was a clear picture. Was in the building for under 10 mins.

@Kev79 nice to see ya over here 🙂
@ColinUK hope today went okay for ya (both bread and group)

Well I have blown my PB attempt for the time being! Pretty chewed off after all the effort I have put in the last week. At least I equaled my previous one.

3.2 for me this morning at 6.30am and that was after waking up hot and bothered at 5.50am on 3.5 and having 2 Lift tablets which seem to have had no effect whatsoever looking at my Libre graph, but unfortunately I dropped straight back off to sleep without retesting and now I have a big red mark on my graph and my below target percentage has increased to 2. I'm still on 97% but only 1% above range, so if I hadn't had that hypo this morning I would have clocked up a new PB of 98% Arrgh!! So close!
Clearly too much basal when you hypo at that time of the morning but my levels started rising last night at 7pm and despite only having a salad and half a small apple and eating early, I ended up injecting 6 units with corrections and was still fighting it going out of range, so I added another unit to my Levemir and went to bed on 6.8 with a couple of handfuls of salted peanuts o board.
Not sure I can be bothered to continue to be so focused with my diabetes management to try again just now, so might have a few days of being more relaxed and then try again.

Walked along to surgery for blood test this morning. Told the nurse "I'm very good at this" whilst she was getting all the appropriate vials sorted. Don't think she quite understood what I meant until she went to put the tourniquet on my arm and then said, "Oh my goodness! Those are good veins!... Don't think I need this!" Vials filled in double quick time and all sorted. Extended my walk home by another couple of miles but managed to hypo again just as I was nearly home. Arrggh again!! Wouldn't care but I was scanning every 10 mins to keep an eye on it and dropped from 5.6 to 4.1 in that interval and the fizzy worm I ate just wasn't quick enough to prevent another dip into the red and a bit of blurred peripheral vision on the last 100yards to home.

Anyway, morning basal has been reduced by 2u and there will be more hoof trimming work done later this afternoon so that should keep me out of mischief.

@freesia and @Gwynn Many congratulations on your achievement this morning.

@Kev79 Welcome to the thread.
Many of us test before we get out of bed for our waking reading as that will usually give us the "best" (lowest) result. BG levels often start to rise as soon as we wake up or get up, because our liver starts to release glucose to give us energy to start our day. This is believed to be a throw back to our prehistoric ancestors who needed energy to go out and hunt or gather for their first meal of the day, rather than ourselves who can just walk into the kitchen and open the fridge. 🙄 Our liver really needs an upgrade to it's programming! 😉
Most people experience this but their pancreas releases insulin to deal with that glucose. With us diabetics and our less efficient pancreases, it shows up as a rise in BG. Sometimes, if you eat something straight away, as soon as you get up, it will switch off the liver from doing this and stop the rise or the other option is to go out for a walk or run to use up that glucose. ie simulate that hunter gatherer activity.
Ideally you would be looking for a waking reading between 4 and 7, so yours was a little high but not desperately bad. It takes time for waking readings to respond to lifestyle changes (and medication if appropriate) and waking readings are usually the last readings to show improvement but if you are making good dietary choices then they should eventually come down. Keeping a food diary along with your readings will help you to figure it out and hopefully gradually see a downward trend, but it would be interesting to know if testing before you get out of bed makes much difference. My levels used to rise by as many as 6 whole mmols in an hour due to "Foot on the Floor" syndrome, so it can cause quite a significant rise in BG for some people.
Hope that makes sense.
Thanks for tips, all still new to me‍ its good to “what” I should be in the mornings, you get given the diagnosis and let back out in to the world with no idea

Thanks for tips, all still new to me‍ its good to “what” I should be in the mornings, you get given the diagnosis and let back out in to the world with no idea
Unfortunately it is a story you will hear over and over again kev. Here's a bunch of pills now off ya pop and figure it out.

Good morning everyone. Not too keen on the dark mornings.

BG 4.8

Not much to do today except walk on the beach. Sigh.

Have a great day whatever you do

Good morning. 7.8 for me. At leaat its Thursday and nearly the end of a stressful tiring week.

@Gwynn a walk on the beach with nothing to do sounds perfect.

Morning a 6.7. Very disturbed nights sleep. Thankfully it is nearly Friday !

Have a good day.

Bonjour mes amis.

6.7 for me this morning.
Didn’t end up baking anything yesterday so will probably knock up a loaf of something today.
Group yesterday was good and much needed tbh. I didn’t realise how much I needed to vent to others who’ve a deeper understanding of what I survived.
Other than that, some serious stretching for my troublesome leg (actually it’s my groin but I wasn’t going to talk about groin strain this early in the morning!) and I’m starting to get a little concerned about cramping up during the half marathon but if it happens it happens.

Good morning - 9.1

Back