Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning - 5.1

Good morning everyone.

BG 4.5 a bit low but ok

I got a letter yesterday for a diabetic eye appointment at a local hospital this coming March. Over a year after diagnosis. They have no clue that I am having cararact surgery. Not sure if it will muck up their tests or not. We will see. (Pun intended)

I am on day 2 of self isolation. Not sure I want to go out in the cold but the fact that I cannot go out really bugs me!

I am on day 2 of self isolation. Not sure I want to go out in the cold but the fact that I cannot go out really bugs me!
It’s a pain when you’re used to exercising, I know, but you’re doing it to protect nhs staff. Before my OH’s recent procedure, we exercised by crawling up the walls LOL. :D😉

Morning all. 🙂 5.1 here.

Potentially triggering content.

5.8 this morning for me.
And good to see @KARNAK posting yesterday!

Talking of yesterday it was an awful day.
New meds to soothe the edges of the ptsd and advice from the gp to take them in the morning - forgot to mention that they’d put me to sleep. Couldn’t keep my eyes open at work after about an hour so came home.
Also found out that a dear friend had died early Sunday morning. Truly charming man who leaves behind his equally charming wife and three young children. Hugely intelligent but never used his intellect to do anything other than uplift, support, defend or inspire.
What his family are going through I can’t imagine. His father died only about a month ago as well.

Morning all. 5.7 on this mild morning. Up, dressed, showered and breakfasted already, now awaiting the BG engineer. It should be against the law that retired folks have to do this! 😉

Off to Tesco once I’m un-discombobulated, Mr Eggy can deal with the boiler man.

Have a great day.
@ColinUK so sorry about your friend, life can be so cruel. :(

Morning all. A very high 13.3 for me this morning, caused by Covid. Insulin isn't working to bring it into line overnight, though through the day it does drop some. Only 33% in target for 24 hours. The high levels feel worse than anything.

@ColinUK i'm sorry to hear about your friend. Its so sad when someone iss so obviously caring and cared for.

Oooh I’m annoyed. Had a text just before 8 from BG reminding us of our appointment. Just had another text to say they’re delayed due to an urgent appointment. They will be in touch when they’re back on schedule! 😡 Does that mean today, tomorrow, next year? :confused: This appointment was originally November and they didn’t turn up, when I rang they said they were busy so had changed it to January, they had just omitted to let us know! We haven’t had a service since November 2019, blooming Covid! First world problems I know, but it’s so unprofessional. Rant over!

back in the low numbers this morning with a 4.2. 🙂

Dez

Morning everyone. 8.8

Blood test day today. I suppose that means I should go get ready to face the world 🙂

@ColinUK Sorry about your sad news. Wish I could attach a hug to this post for you to download x
@freesia Hope today is an improvement x

Morning

8.4 today xx

Good morning everyone. 5.00 on the nose this a.m. How lovely to have the CH under control - new thermostat working a treat. Wish our bodies were as easy. Wouldn't it be lovely if one could have a "glucostat" to twiddle up and down?

oh look 6.6 again, thought it'd be higher after a bad day yesterday - son bought me fries from MaccyD's and I only meant to eat a few, but..... and then I had two chocolate eclairs as I didn't want them to go out of date and be wasted.... climbing back on the bandwagon today and going to hold on tighter! I might need to be strapped down if my naughtiness continues!
Not so cold today but rain expected later.
Have a good day 🙂

6.8 for me but 2 corrections needed overnight when I drifted into double figures twice, despite a basal increase and far too much alcohol. 😱 My liver is perfectly capable of multitasking apparently! Battled high levels most of the day yesterday too but then I haven't exercised for a couple of days.... so much for New Year's resolutions!

Need to get myself hauled back to better results as I have a consultant (telephone) appointment next month and I don't want him to be looking at my Personal Worst results! o_O

@Gruers Hope things went ahead for you yesterday and all went smoothly. Hope you aren't too sore this morning.

@ColinUK So very sorry to hear that you lost a good friend and the world lost a good man. (((HUGS)))

Well yesterday was a bit odd. Bad news, good news.

The good news is that after a bit of chasing I now have my second eye operation booked for the end of January. Why did I have to chase them?

The bad news is that I have to self isolate from now until the op. I cannot leave the house. Last time it drove me potty. I need to get out to exercise and get some space.

The good news is that in spite of the cold yesterday I went out for 161 minutes of exercise on the beach. I will miss it, but it is only for 10 days. Sigh.

Still, BG this morning a decent 4.8. Nowhere near the HS though.

Very foggy out there this morning. Glad I am staying in. I think.

Have a great day whatever you are doing or, like me, not doing
The preop isolation policy seems to vary in different places or it may depend on what is being operated on. Both myself and OH only had to isolate after we had had the PCR test which was within 72 hours of surgery. But the surgery was on the lower half of the body.

Forgot to mention that I treated myself to an early 55th birthday present on Monday and got my ear pierced!

0273A17F-BF20-4123-9A4A-16CF4FB23D7B.jpeg

I was a big brave boy and they gave me a sweet afterwards.

I’ve still not told my parents!

Back