Group 7-day waking average?

4.9 this morning.

I am currently addicted to peanut butter and can't go into the kitchen without having a teaspoon or two. It's driving the wife mad as there are spoons in the dishwasher covered in Peanut butter which gets hard and doesn't clean off. I now have a secret spoon I carry with me for furtive dips into the peanut butter. I'm going to have to go cold turkey, as it can't be good for me.
You could have a much worse addiction!

On the subject of tattoos and piercings, I’m not a massive fan of tattoos and wouldn’t get one myself but all three daughters have them. When my eldest got hers she never told me, her son, who was about 5/6 blabbed! I thought it was maybe a tiny one but it covered her entire back! I’m blasé about it all now, middle daughter has them up her forearm, wrist, fingers, she also has loads of piercings, nose, tongue, ears, belly button. Youngest daughter, neck, abdomen and ankle tattoos. They don’t care what I think, I’ve raised them to be independent and /or bloody minded!
@ColinUK go for the Will Shakespeare look, complete with neck ruffle, surely your parents wouldn’t mind you emulating our famous bard. :D

Afternoon all! Scramble this morning to get ready for my video conference Omnipod training so didn't have time to post. 7:30 am 6.6.

The Omnipod is amaaaazing! So much info available to help control! Hope I remember it all! Feels odd not to have a brick in my pocket and tubing tethering.

@ColinUK I send you virtual hugs. It's awful losing a friend.

@freesia hugs to you and wishing you better soon.

@Gruers, hope all went well yesterday.

I’ve raised them to be independent
Good for them, its as it should be. My older daughter got her first on her 18th birthday and didn't tell me. I only found out because she wore a top that slipped down and showed it on her back. Now she has them up one arm, on her collarbone, thighs and shoulderblades. She has her ears pierced several times, nose, bellybutton, tongue and lip. I think she is beautiful.

Someone once told me they are addictive. They are not for me but i can appreciate some are absolutely beautiful, works of art.

Hubby got his ear pierced some time in his 50s. He wears a gold ring in it. I think it's great (especially on an otherwise quite conventional looking 71 year old).

I think tattoos look lovely on young people.... though unsure how they will look when they are old.

8.1 this morning and 7.1 3 hours later
Hi guys
I had my op yesterday (2x bypass and an Aotic valve.) I went into ICU and slept but at 11:30 today I went back to Chelmer ward. They say they are pleased with my progress and tomorrow I start walking. I’m tired and have lost my hunger feel a bit sick and have a pee bag attached, my sternum is broken and hurts
I hope to be home by weekend
Cheers
Brian

Hi guys
I had my op yesterday (2x bypass and an Aotic valve.) I went into ICU and slept but at 11:30 today I went back to Chelmer ward. They say they are pleased with my progress and tomorrow I start walking. I’m tired and have lost my hunger feel a bit sick and have a pee bag attached, my sternum is broken and hurts
Cheers
Brian
Glad to hear you've finally had your op and are doing well, all the best for getting home and take it easy, sending very gentle hugs and hope you feel better soon xx

Hi guys
Cheers
Brian
So pleased it’s all over and done with. Just take it easy, don’t run before you can walk. Once you’ve recovered you’ll feel like a new man. Good luck.

4.9 this morning.

I am currently addicted to peanut butter and can't go into the kitchen without having a teaspoon or two. It's driving the wife mad as there are spoons in the dishwasher covered in Peanut butter which gets hard and doesn't clean off. I now have a secret spoon I carry with me for furtive dips into the peanut butter. I'm going to have to go cold turkey, as it can't be good for me.
Cold turkey and peanut butter sounds like the basis for many an eastern inspired supper dish!

Looking good! Don't tell the parents until you get a stunner of an ear-ring. Then pop in, all casual like, and greet their screams of horror/abuse/astonishment etc with a cool "Oh, this old thing? I'm still looking for a real statement piece"...
I see them at least once a fortnight so they’ll spot this before I can go all Pat Butcher!

@Gruers Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.
No doubt you’ll be feeling battered and bruised a bit after such major surgery but hopefully you’ll also be feeling better soon than you did beforehand.

Most important question relating to hospital stays of course though is what’s the food like?!

@Gruers Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.
No doubt you’ll be feeling battered and bruised a bit after such major surgery but hopefully you’ll also be feeling better soon than you did beforehand.

Most important question relating to hospital stays of course though is what’s the food like?!
The food isn’t great but I’ve had worse but non diabetic, the staff are great though

Hi guys
Cheers
Brian
Sounds like quite the ordeal!

Wishing you a speedy recovery, take care 🙂

Hi guys
Cheers
Brian
Wishing you a full and swift recovery 🙂

Good morning everyone. I should have posted an hour ago but got bogged down doing other stuff on my computer. No early-bird gold star this morning then.

BG 4.6 at 4:30am

Today is day 3 of self isolation, just one more week to go. Thinking of Blodens excellent exercise suggestion 'crawling up the walls'.....aghhhhh.

My wife suggests going up and down the stairs as a good form of exercise. I think wandering in and out of the kitchen and picking up heavy treats sounds much more fun.

I might ponder a more difficult update to the App....or not

Gruers: good to hear that all went well and that you are now recovering well. The NHS are brilliant once you get them switched on.

Have a great day everyone whatever you get up to or down to.

Back