Group 7-day waking average?

Morning

A high 9.8 and feeling very achy LFT just come back negative, so it must be to do with my poor eating and I have not run since Sunday due to horrible wet weather, very mild but so wet. Started off sunny today, but getting grey by the minute. Going to see mum today which is another reason why I wanted to test.

@Jay50 - welcome.

@eggy - hope you feel better soon.

take care everyone

Morning all. Horrible weather again today.

5.7 at 8:30 with a nice flat line.

Grocery shopping this morning, still got loads of luxury stuff in like pate, dates, chocs that we don’t need, but run out of fresh veg, milk, eggs. I’m craving vegetables!

Wishing those of you who are poorly a better day today.

Good morning, a 6.0 reading awaited me. Bit of a surprise as I was late getting to bed with waiting on the cheaper night-rate electric to do washing and drying. Got to feeling really hungry so there I was around 2.00am munching on a toasted egg sarnie - and get the lowest reading for a while....go figure! I am not keen to make that into a habit! lol
Nothing planned for today.
Have a good day 🙂

I was late getting to bed with waiting on the cheaper night-rate electric to do washing and drying
We have a timer plug which fits into the socket and turns on the washer or dryer at the cheap rate time. Would getting one of those be helpful to you? I don't think they're too expensive.

Good morning, a 6.0 reading awaited me. Bit of a surprise as I was late getting to bed with waiting on the cheaper night-rate electric to do washing and drying. Got to feeling really hungry so there I was around 2.00am munching on a toasted egg sarnie - and get the lowest reading for a while....go figure! I am not keen to make that into a habit! lol
Nothing planned for today.
Have a good day 🙂
I was under the impression that they did away with the cheap rate electric through the night.... at least NPower did over a year ago about the same time it got taken over or merged with Eon. Costs me an absolute fortune for my storage heaters now but cheaper for my daytime electric. My washer is hard wired so I used to have to stay up to put it on but now I use it during the day.

We have a timer plug which fits into the socket and turns on the washer or dryer at the cheap rate time. Would getting one of those be helpful to you? I don't think they're too expensive.
Good idea, but hubby would complain it uses electricity "waiting" to switch on - you cannot win with this man! lol He was drying some of his washing, so I had to wait to put mine on, but got more washing done. I've always been a night owl so it doesn't bother me and sometimes it is nice to have time on my own without interruption, that's like finding hen's teeth in daylight! lol

I was under the impression that they did away with the cheap rate electric through the night.... at least NPower did over a year ago about the same time it got taken over or merged with Eon. Costs me an absolute fortune for my storage heaters now but cheaper for my daytime electric. My washer is hard wired so I used to have to stay up to put it on but now I use it during the day.
We are "with" Bulb (so to speak) and we still get cheap rate from 11.00pm through to 7.00am. Gee, I had night storage heaters way back when, they cost a fortune and I got rid of them after the first bill came in, had to borrow from my dad to pay that quarter - but then had CH installed by council so problem was solved. I think they are more efficient than back in the late 70's, the thought of them still leaves me shuddering - only time I couldn't manage a bill! We used to be with Eon last time, been with various companies, but changed to Bulb as it sounded good and now it's gone oopsie, so who knows what will happen next.

Afternoon all. Just a wee update. Got a call from GP at 8.30, asking me to go in 11.30. I was going to cancel my hair appointment but as it’s just literally around the corner from docs I still went. Had a terrible coughing fit whilst in, a mix of gabbing and hair!
Anyhoo, the nurse practitioner could hear a wheeze, no crackle ( pleurisy), I had a slight temperature and my BP was the highest I’ve ever known it 175/89!!! I’ve to keep an eye on it. She went to speak to a GP and I’ve got amoxicillin just incase it is an infection because of my spleenless state. If it is viral I won’t feel any better just yet and just have to rest, drink plenty of water and take paracetamol. If it is an infection I should start feeling better very soon. I’m relieved it’s not pleurisy because that is horrible and very painful. I’ll just have to let Mr Eggy run after me, although he’s coughing too. :(
Glad I decided on the e-consult. I think it’s the way forward. Thanks everyone for your concerns.

Edited to add: there was some good news, she gave me the results of the blood tests which were Monday 20th in preparation for my Libre review next month. My Ha1bc is 48, down from 50 in May. Very pleased with that.

Take good care of yourself @eggyg xx

Forgot to mention this morning that I’m off to the ballet tonight with my daughter and granddaughter, I used to take my daughter as a teenager but this is the first time for my granddaughter, she is 7. It is the Snow Queen which is a take on Frozen. Having a meal first and looking forward to it.

I've just checked my nhs app to see if my results from the review are on. If i've read it right, my HbA1c is 43, down from 48!! If this is right, i must be doing better than i thought with controlling the D. Libre app is showing 50 for the A1c. I assume everything is ok as i've not heard from the GP about anything.

Forgot to mention this morning that I’m off to the ballet tonight with my daughter and granddaughter, I used to take my daughter as a teenager but this is the first time for my granddaughter, she is 7. It is the Snow Queen which is a take on Frozen. Having a meal first and looking forward to it.
Thay sounds like a lovely night out @SueEK. I enjoy the ballet but rarely get chance to go. Enjoy and have a good evening.

Good evening All
Well here goes with a waking reading at 20:30 as due to start work at 23:50 going to do the 737 Stansted to Oxford return.
A 5.6 so right on Target.
Have a good day.

Off tomorrow morning to the cardiac centre in Basildon for stents, no need for open heart surgery which I’m very pleased about and hopefully home on New Year’s Day. My BP still very high as is my BS are these two things related?
have a good day tomorrow and happy new year everyone

Off tomorrow morning to the cardiac centre in Basildon for stents, no need for open heart surgery which I’m very pleased about and hopefully home on New Year’s Day. My BP still very high as is my BS are these two things related?
have a good day tomorrow and happy new year everyone
It is not surprising they are both high with the stressful situation you are in, good luck for tomorrow.

Best of luck tomorrow @Gruers Hope it all goes smoothly. Great news that you don't need major heart surgery.

At last waking at a decent hour (for me). 4am. Yessss. Fitst up.

BG 5.4. just missed out.

Nothing planned for today. It's cold, dark, and windy out there. Not very inviting.

At last waking at a decent hour (for me). 4am. Yessss. Fitst up.

BG 5.4. just missed out.

Nothing planned for today. It's cold, dark, and windy out there. Not very inviting.
Morning or should I say lunch.
The day has almost half gone and your claiming your the first up!
I’ve just finished my lunchtime meal snack in Oxford but the DiabetesM App just wants to call that meal NIGHT. Can’t it understand that I know what I’m talking about and know when I feed myself. Bloody computers!
Have a great end of the year.

Back