Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all on this extremely wet day. Clickety click 6.6. I’m happy with that as I totally forgot to take any bolus for my shepherds pie last night! I remembered two hours later! Mash potatoes are my nemesis. When I say I remembered, what I mean is the Libre showed 11.4 rising and I thought, hang on this isn’t right, THEN I remembered. That’s a very rare occasion I must say. I took the whole amount ( I now know I shouldn’t have) and then made myself too low for bed and had to have a snack! But I did get an almost flatfish.

We have a birthday in the family today. Lady Sadie is 4. She’s recovering well from her ear infection and demanded a takeaway for her birthday tea. “Something different, a wrap with some cucumber in”. She’s been here before that child! Needless to say mum is making a “fakeaway”. I’m just glad she is wanting to eat as when she was poorly she hardly ate anything for three days.

I’m still suffering with the cold/sore throat/cough/ general lethargy, so I did an e-consult last night. I’ve never done one before but it beats trying to get through on the phone. Someone will ring me before 6.30 tonight! I’m just worried I may have a chest infection or suchlike and as I’ve already had pleurisy twice in recent years, and I’m spleenless, I really don’t want it to escalate into anything other than a cold/sore throat/cough.

Hope it’s not wet where you are and you have a good day.

Attachments

• B6F29336-44B3-4721-9D0E-E80CBEE20402.jpeg
    B6F29336-44B3-4721-9D0E-E80CBEE20402.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 4
Ah ha! With a bit of annoyance! 😱:( Mystery solved! Cycle has just started! Forgot about it after the last one & this one is just a week late! Just taking a breather in the middle of changing my bed! Just as well I started the tresiba reduction already!🙄 My BS is going to be swinging the next few days & MUST leave myself room to drop!:(

Morning everyone.
11.9 for me today. Slept rubbish as I was up peeing all night (wasn't surprised at all) and gave up on trying to go back to sleep after a while.
Will try and get a nap once son has gone to work. For now, sat with a hot water bottle and watching some youtube :D
Have a great day whatever you get up to 🙂

Morning good peeps. 🙂 5.4 here.

I promised mum I’d bring the pud for New Year’s Eve dinner - I think I even suggested I’d make it! o_O Best get down the shops this morning before all the cheesecakes, Xmas logs, trifles’ve been snaffled.

I'm a bit concerned that they have taken you off your diabetes medication.... especially considering how high carb most hospital food is! Are they checking your BG levels regularly? As I understand it they will not operate if your BG levels are too high as there is a risk of infection, so I would be wanting to know how my levels were doing, particularly if I was no longer on medication. Hope you get your surgery promptly and it all goes well but please ask pertinent questions about your diabetes management as these things can easily get overlooked in hospital and if necessary monitor your own BG levels. If you are laid up and not walking the golf course regularly, your levels will almost certainly rise even without considering hospital food.
Hi I’m back on my T2D meds again and hope to find out today what they intend to do and hopefully when, thanks for this advice it was very useful

Good morning 6.9 today,

Today will see if HMRC are back (on their live chat) before doing a self assessment
also need to contact GP surgery my blood tests must be overdue (Hba1c etc)
plus ask about timescale of next Diabetic review.

Have a great day everybody 😎

4.8 for me this morning. 🙂

Dez

Good morning everyone, well, nearly afternoon for me.

Got up late, did BG Test, health checks, rushed about, breakfast, bins out, fixing shelves, out to M&S, back and... I had forgotten to post my BG. So here it is... 4.9 nice

Is this the new winter me - waking up late. I hate that as then I end up rushing about. It seems to set the day off all wrong.

Might go out later for a walk. It's windy, but pleasant temperature. No rain!!

Have a great day whatever you do or don't do

Morning

7.1 here today xx

Good morning. Woke earlier to 6.4 but dozed back off. Just woke again to a 4.8. I must have needed that sleep.

Not much planned today, maybe a bit of housework and reading my book. Have a good day whatever you are doing.

Recently diagnosed so still getting used to what is good and bad, 21 day avg is 6.6 (going by my accu-chek) still wondering why I get highish spikes in the morning? Learning curve to say the last.
When in the morning? When you wake or after you've eaten etc? xx

Recently diagnosed so still getting used to what is good and bad, 21 day avg is 6.6 (going by my accu-chek) still wondering why I get highish spikes in the morning? Learning curve to say the last.
Welcome @Jay50. Are you type 1, 2.....? Are you on insulin, meds, pump?

Well, that will teach me to mention attaining a possible PB by the end of the week yesterday. Made a stupid mistake last night and injected 7u Fiasp instead of Levemir so had to sit up and eat chocolate for 3 hours when I really wanted to be in bed sleeping. Went to sleep on 9.9 and rising having only eaten half the chocolate bar I expected to need but hypoed at 2am and then again at 5am although a finger prick for the second one gave me 4.4 so Libre was exaggerating. 2 long lengths of red lines on my overnight graph though which look really bad and have clearly wrecked my chances of a PB TIR. I am guessing the fact that I injected the Fiasp into my thigh (at 7.30 pm) slowed the release down. Really thought I was safe to go to bed after over 3 hours and at the top end of my range. Feel horribly groggy this morning and absolutely did not want to get out of bed... or even wake up for that matter. Slept through several alarms, but at least I did wake up and treat the hypos and they were just mild ones.

@eggyg Hope you find the eConsult as effective as I have. Pleased you are seeking some medical input with being clinically vulnerable. Definitely not going to post my comparable overnight graph today!! It is shoddy!

My all time lowest 4.7 this a.m. Woke at 01.00 hours ravenously hungry, had 250gms Greek yoghurt and 20gms almonds, which quelled the rumbling but as a result I expected a highish FBG - now look at it. Diabetes would be easier to manage if it stuck to the rules. Car failed MOT, needed new brakes all round, no wheels until evening of Jan 4, so no temptation to go food shopping. Neighbours are dears but, fortunately (?), retired medics so no chance of adding anything unhealthy to my list on their shopping trip. My 75th Hogmanay will definitely be a subdued occasion. Let's hope that at least this wretched wet weather moves away so that Wolf and I, and all our forum members, can enjoy a walk in the sun.

6.9 today. DIL did PCR test yesterday as had bad chest, no voice and bad throat, it was negative. She has a op planned for next Tuesday but the surgeon has now tested positive and is quite unwell with it so it’s definitely off for the time being. I was pinged by Covid app but tested negative on lateral flow, phew!
Going to buy new cooker today.
@Jay50 welcome to the forum
Have a good day all x

Back