Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning and Happy Christmas to you all.

BG 5.4 this morning. It's teasing me.

Attachments

• H48.jpg
    H48.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 8
Merry Christmas from us all in Eggyland. A very well deserved 7.6!
Well, it is Christmas after all. Have a wonderful day if you celebrate, even if you don’t, you too have a great day Now, I’d better get the sprouts on! 😉

I haven’t gone to bed yet & at this rate I won’t know WHEN I’ll eventually get up after GOING to bed? o_O

I eventually started my big roast last night at 19:50 & sat down to eat stuffed chicken breast & thigh joint with stuffing balls, honey glazed parsnips, honey glazed carrot batons, mash potato & gravy washed down with some coke starting with BS 5.6 & guessed the bolus at 48 NR for the extra carbs: thank goodness I DIDN’T go with my gut instinct of 50; at 2 hours & 30 minutes after when testing my BS was at 5.0 & I ate a bit more Christmas dinner to cover the rest of the active NR! I checked my BS again at 4 hours & 30 minutes after bolusing, all my timings for eating are from when the injection goes in, BS was at 7.7 & pretty happy that I DIDN’T eat too much extra dinner! :D😉

I’ve been watching a LOT of iPlayer since then:- the 2 episodes of Christmas celebrity master chef, series 4 of Amazing hotels, Christmas celebrity great British sewing bee & re watched Santa The Movie twice more! 😱

At least the big roast is done & I don’t have to worry about getting up in good time to start it: go to bed when I want; get up when I want & eat leftovers dinged in the microwave! 🙄:D😛😉

A live pause to see where my BS is at at 8 hours & 53 minutes after dinner bolus:- Oh dear! 07:15 BS 9.5! 😱😳 Maybe DID eat too much extra dinner & a wee correction is in order?:D😳😉 with Egg On My Face emoji!:D

A Very Merry Christmas to you all & wish you all as stress free day as possible for those of you doing the big Christmas roast! 😉

Libre is saying 8.1 went out for a curry ladt night and got it wrong verry nervous for my 3 course meal later again going out for it Screenshot_2021-12-25-07-30-13.png

5.8 this morning which is a bit of a relief after 6 hours yesterday of over 11 and going to bed on 9. Oh well, I know I can't do carbs...tasty though. Got up this a.m. to discover thermostat on CH has died - so no CH. Lit woodburner and poked every button in sight hoping to over-ride the corpse. Eventually had some success as the rads are now warm - no idea why. I shall try to maintain properly charitable Christmas spirit today but I intend to lapse, in spades, on Boxing Day when the electrician who set it up will receive an earful. Have a happy day folks and thank God for an axe, a saw, and a log store...

A nasty 9.3 this Christmas morning and not really sure why it’s that high!! Off to Arundel and back tomorrow, looking forward to it.
Have a wonderful Christmas Day everyone xx

6.6 this morning.
And Merry Christmas to you all!

Happy Christmas

7.2, but that could have been the burger bun, 3 homemade mince pies and I added a small amount of icing sugar to the pastry Or the Quality Street.

I am going to enjoy to day, well the bit I am not in the kitchen, but no where near as many as I have catered for in the past.

enjoy your day everyone.

love

Lorraine

Happy Christmas all! 6.3 here, and rising, I’m obviously getting excited about opening my presents, but we've got adult kids who were working right up to 5pm yesterday, so neither of them are out of bed yet!

Merry Christmas! 4.1 after a hypo, a few carbs needed i think for breakfast. Have a lovely day everyone.

Good Moring and A Very Merry Christmas to All!

15.0. My poor body trying its best self for a HS, someone needs to tell it to drop the 1 in front of it and add a .2. No body, it is not a Christmas miracle today but you got one of the numbers right. Good Effort.

Yesterday went pretty well. I managed to hover between 8 and 12 throughout the day which for me, at the moment is pretty decent. I played it safe and stuck to relatively low carb snacks apart from some pizza at dinnertime (timed to fit with gliclazide 😉). Went to bed in the wee early hours on 9.2.

Tempted to sneak back to bed since no one is up. We decided not to wake each other up until 10am at the earliest (kids are 19 and 20, I'm not a total monster lol) so that's at least another hours napping that can be had.

I always get pretty reflective over Christmas and know there are many folks struggling.
The last few years has been especially rough with so many friends and family lost, infection rates putting a stop to plans for seeing loved ones on top of stress of financial problems the whole pandemic has added to. It doesn't help when all you see are perfect families in adverts and on carefully posted social media posts.
Just wanted to say to anyone struggling that I'm sending all the love in the world to ya right now so wrap your arms around yourself and give yourself a hug from me <3

1640421755188.png
To all my fellow posters on this thread.

Dez

I would like to report a HS this morning.
I would like to, but unfortunately due to an excess of some wonderful Bailey's chocolate last night I'm reporting a 5.7. 🙂
Have an enjoyable day everyone!

Dez

Happy Christmas everyone!

I am very relieved to report a 6.9 this morning. Went to bed on 14.4 with an upward sloping arrow with 2 stacked corrections just half an hour apart amounting to 4.5 units. (Very naughty 😱) The only "off piste" food and drink I had was a very small glass of Bailey's and a couple of thin slices if soda bread with lashings of butter on it. I bought the bread to make bread sauce and then I cut too many slices for the bowl I was using and it was just too tempting. I bolused for it but it was difficult to assess the carbs and then I kept finding bits of crust that needed cutting off because they would have made my bread sauce lumpy. I even had a yomp up to Ian's after I had eaten them to get my ground cloves as I must have left them up at his and it was when I came back that levels went into orbit. Had no idea if I would be waking up hypo in the night or be high, so 6.9 was a very nice Christmas present. Thanks Santa!

Hope everyone has a great day and some good food, spent with those you love. X

Morning and Merry Christmas everyone!

I am determined to have my first hypo free Christmas day since my diagnosis, woke in the 8's just after 5am, knowing how I can drop I had 3 lifts, by 5:57 I was down to 5.2! took another 4 lifts, come breakfast at 7:07 was 7.4, have reset my low alarm and upped it from 4.5 to 5.0

Have a lovely day folks xx

Merry Christmas! 6.9 this morning better than usual

Merry Christmas all....

6.5 at 8 am. Nice cuppa in bed. Better get my skates on now and get ready to open gifts with a glass of wine and some duck parcels, gyoza atc. Guests coming at 2pm, but all prep done and table laid ready!

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a lovely day whatever you’re doing.

A 6.2 for me. Must be the mini short bread I seriously enjoyed last night.

I have my low alarm set to 5.0 @Kaylz. Gives me reassurance and time to react especially when I’m at school in classroom. Hope your sensor is playing ball this time - I’ve had 3 out of a batch of 4 read a bit wrong. New batch of replacements arrived yesterday.

Back