Group 7-day waking average?

An undeserved 5.7 and glad to see it. Overspent my carbs budget yesterday - combination of dark skies, cold, wet, and (lets be honest) greed promoted by all those images of Christmas food. The more I think about it the more I feel that Ramadan is a more sensible way of marking a religious festival - not sure what stuffed turkey, marzipan and mince pies have to do with Christianity. Foully black morning here - hope it is better with you all - only 10 days to wait and the daylight hours begin to lengthen.

Morning all, 5.6 here. Off out to buy some raspberry canes this afternoon. Most people are out buying Christmas trees, I’m going for a bundle of dead looking twigs! (I may buy a tree as well, I've never bought one so early, but everyone seems to get theirs up by Dec 1 these days, and I’m afraid there’ll only be misshapen ones left if I don’t hurry. It’ll still stay in a bucket in the garage for at least another week.)

5.3 for me today. 🙂

Dez

Morning

9.5 today

Got a couple of pots of test strips, hopefully the rest will be in this week as Saturday is the last time Bruce will get to do a chemist run, attempting another Libre sensor tonight, wish me luck! My fingers are agony! xx

Good morning 6.1 today,
a big relief as yesterday my wife and I went shopping and she treated me to afternoon tea,
surprisingly didn’t spike my sugars (5.5 before evening meal)

but then again the sandwiches were very dainty finger sandwiches
and the cakes weren’t much bigger but all very nice,
purists wouldn't have approved we cheated and we had coffees

as we had skipped lunch, we ate all the sandwiches and half the scones / cakes
the rest was boxed up and needs to be eaten today 🙂

Hope everybody’s having a great weekend
don’t forget the Grand Prix this afternoon
both Sky & Channel 4 will be showing it

Attachments

• F388B33F-84C4-492E-82A5-9AE35684C7D0.png
    F388B33F-84C4-492E-82A5-9AE35684C7D0.png
    342.9 KB · Views: 12
don’t forget the Grand Prix this afternoon
both Sky & Channel 4 will be showing it
Not something I'm interested in, Bruce will be heading to his mum and dads to watch it with his dad though xx

6.6 today. Managed to get some US dollars yesterday plus some leggings, a top and some bootie slippers, needless to say not at the same place. Housework and bed changing today.
Have a good day everyone x

Thanks TinaD. I didn't realise it was so close to days getting longer again. I am not a fan of cold, datk, wet, windy mornings....

Or afternoons, or evenings.

I prefer Spring and Summer. Looking forward to next year thinking about them.

Just been out for a 40 minute walk on the beach. Drisly, but not too cold.

Morning all. 6.3 today.
Yesterday was a day or two halfs. Met our friends at 3, had a great laugh and a catch up. Wandered to booked restaurant at 6pm. I started to have one of my “ turns”. Checked BGs, they were fine. I knew they would be and knew it was my gastric system playing up. Ordered a glass of water, wasn’t feeling hungry but didn’t want to draw attention to myself. Ordered fish and chips, waited until it arrived and did a split dose. I physically couldn’t eat any of it and I could feel the colour draining out of me. One of my friends noticed and took me outside for some fresh air. I then had to confess to everyone that I didn’t feel well at all. Mr Eggy got me a full fat coke to soak up the four units of bolus. Yuk! Sipped on it, but it’s revolting. Four of us left early, home by 7.45. My stomach was so bloated, I looked about 12 months pregnant, even though I’d eaten nothing at all. I’m thinking the three glasses of wine I had upset something in there. I’m really not good at going out eating and drinking! Starving this morning and feel absolutely fine.

Going to have a lazy day, catch up with Strictly and read my book.

Have a good day all. 🙂

Morning! 8.6

Morning everyone. Alarm woke me with a 4.4 this morning. I kept oversleeping last week and even though i'm sleeping through the night, i'm waking (or not) feeling tired.

Wrapping all done yesterday, i only have to make up 2 hampers now which will be done at the end of next week just before they will be delivered. Today is the day for cleaning, changing beds, catching up with jobs that i don't get done in the week.

@rebrascora i'm glad you had a good night out even if your levels went a bit haywire.
@eggyg I hope you are feeling better this morning.
@goodybags the afternoon tea looks delicious.

Have a good day everyone.

09:20 BS 5.0 🙂

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Forgot to check in, again, yesterday, BS 6.8, & will catch up later while I munch breakfast & watch the Strictly semi final on iPlayer: fell asleep during the first dance; woke briefly during The Wheel to switch off the iPad before going back to sleep! 🙄

Finished off watching all the episodes of Lois & Clark & laughed SO much over season 4’s first year of married life between the two of them: completely forgotten that comedy as watching it, at the time, it wasn’t my favourite season; the ratings had dropped, the show was cancelled after it had finished airing season 4 & not renewed for season 5! 🙄

1996/97 I HATED the stacked high heels that I kept tripping over or knocking my ankles black & blue with, seriously missing the elegant & narrow stilettos that I lived in during the 80’s but, eventually HAD to buy as all my stilettos wore out & couldn’t be replaced as the shops were all selling chunky stacked heels: SO relieved when those horrid huge stacks phased out & stilettos phased back in during the noughties! :D How on earth did The Spice girls were the EVEN more horrendously higher stacked platforms I’ll never know? THOSE were positively LETHAL to wear & I definitely wasn’t going to wear those! 😱 BUT, I found the style that suited me & have worn ever since: longline jacket that skims over & covers the bum over a sleeveless shift dress that’s only about 1 to 2 inches longer than the jacket with it sitting at the knee; covers a multitude of sins & gives an elegant sleek outline!😛😎🙂 I’ve stuck with style & didn’t go with the waxing & waning fashions since then!🙄 I’ve REALLY enjoyed my trip down memory lane! 😛

@eggyg and @Lanny enjoy the Strictly semi final!! I think the celebrities this year have been fab dancers.

A very late Good Morning to everyone.
As expected a 9.7 this morning and I slept in because I stayed up late watching for those corrections last night to take effect. I actually managed to come down to about 5 judging by my Libre Graph but then headed up again and managed to create a Table Mountain effect on my graph but only just stayed in single figures for the rest of the night, so I will take that as some sort of success. Looking forward to getting back to my low carb eating now as feel bloated and yuk this morning after all those carbs last night and definitely don't like my levels going up to mid teens like that.
Used my new wooden spoon to eat my yoghurt this morning and I love it! It is going to be my "breakfast spoon" Apparently sycamore has antibacterial properties as well as being very close grained so it is very smooth!

Morning all. 5.5 this morning, despite being in pain most of the night with a “stiff” neck. Either it’s the new pillow I bought which is a lot thicker than the old one, or falling asleep on the sofa with my neck askew two nights running. Been a little bit easier since I took paracetamol about 6am. Fortunately I have an appointment with the chiropractor tomorrow.

@eggyg so sorry your evening was ruined by feeling unwell and glad you feel better today.

@rebrascora pleased you had a great night out!

@goodybags now you have made me want to have an afternoon tea! It looks delicious.

Last edited:
Bit late this morning, but checking in with 6.8 - same as yesterday morning and same as at bedtime, guess that's my number for the time being lol
Actually got most of the wrapping up done yesterday - hoorah - just the tail end to finish off today, trying to remember which are for son's birthday next weekend and which are for his Christmas. I really should wrap as bought....
Nothing planned for today other than cooking the roast later - and I might make the family an apple crumble as I bought some Bramley apples. Will I or will I not indulge - you'll have to check back tomorrow !!!
Have a good Sunday, at least it has turned a lot milder, so cannot complain about that.
Enjoy your day 🙂

Morning everyone 🙂
At 7:47 BG within target 6.7 - 15 units tresiba done

9:58 before tea BG 6.9 within target - 36g carbs - 4.5 units humalog
23:43 bedtime BG tiny bit above target 9.5 - @rebrascora I experimented with the baileys last night and instead of 3x shot glasses I had 1x and 2x whisky & diet cokes - also had 1x rich tea 6g carbs - no humalog

Hope everybody has a good day 🙂

Good Morning All
A 6.1 for me this morning at 09:32 but that certainly does not tell the story. Just hope DVLA are not too on the ball.
Had spoken to diabetes centre nurse on Friday concerning having to have biscuits at bedtime so that wouldn’t go too low overnight.
They cut the evening meal ratio to 10 carbs to a unit minus 1. They also asked if at some stage I could test overnight at between 2 and 3 without eating at bedtime.
So as not in work as on holiday I tried.
Disaster.
Friday night I’d dropped to 5.0 before bed so abandoned the idea as certain it would not work.
Also thought about work and movement of mealtimes.
Saturday
07:55 BG 6.5
08:05 6 units NovoRapid
08:25. Breakfast. 64 carbs porridge toast and Banana
14:03. BG 9.1
14:22. 8 units NovoRapid
14:40. Lunch. 86 carbs. Chicken and vegetables pie. 180g Smash. 100g carrots. 15g gravy granules. 94 g Apple. 75g instant custard. Mug Coffee and pint water

So far so good
16:51. BG 10.1. Pre driving. Up to Tesco’s for fruit marg and yoghurt.
19:37. (For late dinner) started to feel hungry.
BG 3.3. Oh flip. 3glucose tabs
19:47. BG 3.6. 3 glucose tabs.
19:58. BG 4.3
20:14. BG. 7.0
20:15. 6 units NovoRapid
20:25. Dinner. 75 Carbs. Pollock fillet. 180g smash. 100g mixed vegetables. 100g broccoli. 15g gravy granules. 150g fat free Greek yoghurt. 20g sticky toffee cake. Mug Coffee
21:28. BG 11.3
22:30. BG 11.3
23::10 DiabetesM app said all active insulin used
23:33 BG 7.7. Let’s start overnight test.
23:34. 7 units Lantus
Alarms set to wake up
02:30. BG 3.1. Fffffff
5 glucose tablets
2:40. BG 4.5. End of test
2 slices wholemeal toast. 29 carbs
03:30 BG 7.8
Go to sleep
09:30 Sunday wake up
09:32. BG. 6.1
Must phone Diabetes Nurse tomorrow.
Is Lantus too high. Evening ratio wrong expiry time of Active Insulin wrong or just WHAT?

Hopefully I coped well with situations and didn’t need any assistance.
Have a good day

Good Morning All
A 6.1 for me this morning at 09:32 but that certainly does not tell the story. Just hope DVLA are not too on the ball.
Had spoken to diabetes centre nurse on Friday concerning having to have biscuits at bedtime so that wouldn’t go too low overnight.
They cut the evening meal ratio to 10 carbs to a unit minus 1. They also asked if at some stage I could test overnight at between 2 and 3 without eating at bedtime.
So as not in work as on holiday I tried.
Disaster.
Friday night I’d dropped to 5.0 before bed so abandoned the idea as certain it would not work.
Also thought about work and movement of mealtimes.
Saturday
07:55 BG 6.5
08:05 6 units NovoRapid
08:25. Breakfast. 64 carbs porridge toast and Banana
14:03. BG 9.1
14:22. 8 units NovoRapid
14:40. Lunch. 86 carbs. Chicken and vegetables pie. 180g Smash. 100g carrots. 15g gravy granules. 94 g Apple. 75g instant custard. Mug Coffee and pint water

So far so good
16:51. BG 10.1. Pre driving. Up to Tesco’s for fruit marg and yoghurt.
19:37. (For late dinner) started to feel hungry.
BG 3.3. Oh flip. 3glucose tabs
19:47. BG 3.6. 3 glucose tabs.
19:58. BG 4.3
20:14. BG. 7.0
20:15. 6 units NovoRapid
20:25. Dinner. 75 Carbs. Pollock fillet. 180g smash. 100g mixed vegetables. 100g broccoli. 15g gravy granules. 150g fat free Greek yoghurt. 20g sticky toffee cake. Mug Coffee
21:28. BG 11.3
22:30. BG 11.3
23::10 DiabetesM app said all active insulin used
23:33 BG 7.7. Let’s start overnight test.
23:34. 7 units Lantus
Alarms set to wake up
02:30. BG 3.1. Fffffff
5 glucose tablets
2:40. BG 4.5. End of test
2 slices wholemeal toast. 29 carbs
03:30 BG 7.8
Go to sleep
09:30 Sunday wake up
09:32. BG. 6.1
Must phone Diabetes Nurse tomorrow.
Is Lantus too high. Evening ratio wrong expiry time of Active Insulin wrong or just WHAT?

Hopefully I coped well with situations and didn’t need any assistance.
Have a good day
Sorry to hear you have had a spate of hypos. It could be your own pancreas having a last hurrah but it is important to experience this before you go back to driving. Hypos are part of Type 1 and no matter how careful you are they do happen and this is good experience for you in learning how to recognize them and treat them and become confident of managing them. It is probably a really important part of the learning experience. I know this will cause you concerns over your job, but I think you were imagining that Type 1 bus drivers and HGV drivers somehow have to be super human diabetics that can prevent hypos at all costs which I think is an unreasonable and unachievable expectation. I think other diabetics may also perpetuate the myth by not reporting hypos or like you have I believe suggested, have 2 meters so that they can hide the poor results and only show the better ones because of this fear of loss of livelihood. The DVLA guidance allows for you having hypos as long as you are aware of them and can treat them effectively on your own without assistance, which you did on both occasions.... so well done......

The things I note are that you only waited 10 mins after treating each hypo to retest and re-treat. It usually takes about 15 mins for the glucose to act and bring your levels up and that is the general advice for the re-test timing I believe. testing too soon can sometimes cause you to over treat a hypo and end up see-sawing.
You dropped after going shopping. For some reason this is a common trigger for hypos for many of us. I have no idea why, but worth keeping in mind. I have been stranded in the supermarket car park a few times when levels have dropped and I am too low to drive home. I now push my levels up a bit with a small carb snack before I go shopping and do a check whilst waiting in the queue at the till or whilst I am packing bags and regularly check my sensory awareness whilst I am shopping. Of course this is so much easier with Freestyle Libre.

I think you might really benefit from Libre to give you more information as to what is going on in between the spot checks and particularly overnight. It is quite normal for non diabetic people to dip low between 2am and 4am and sleep through it, so it is a natural phenomenon and may have been going on for some time without your knowledge but obviously being on insulin means that we are at risk of dropping too low and our liver being unable to brink us back up so it is to be avoided as much as possible. Libre can help with seeing your night time patterns and using that info to adjust your basal insulin or use a different basal insulin to better match your body's needs.

I believe that you may need finger pricks for your professional driving records but the Libre might save you a lot of finger pricks in between and enable you to head off some hypos before they happen, so worth discussing with your nurse.

Anyway, well done for managing things so well and hopefully you are now over the panic and starting to feel that the experience has had some positives. Far better to get these first ones over with now as be on the motorway with a bus load of passengers when you experience it for the first time.

@rebrascora
Thank you Barbara for your positive comments
Yes I do feel good that they were spotted and treated quickly.
The 10 mins was said by the DSN when I was leaving it 45 mins. I was confused by the DVLA ruling so was told to test after 10 mins of chewing glucose tablets and repeat until above 4 then wait the 45 for brain to clear. 15 mins sounds better so it could clear more accurately.
I must admit walking round the supermarket has lowered blood sugar but hadn’t until now put the two together.
Thanks for your help.

Back