Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. 5.8 for me. Bright, sunny and crisp here. My favourite kind of autumn morning 🙂

Morning All
On waking this morning a 5.6.
Yesterday went very well, being the first day back at work. Ok with no driving the coaches but piloting two of the Luton drivers up to Norwich and back. The only trouble was my fingers feel like pin cushions.
06:10. Wake up
06:20. BG 5.2 (which you know about)
06:32. 6 units NovoRapid
06:45. Breakfast. 66 carbs
07:11. BG 7.5. Predrive
09:27. BG. 15.5. Pre Drive
11:20. BG. 9.8. Whilst driving
12:50. BG. 5.5. Before Lunch
12:52. 4 units NovoRapid
13:05. Lunch. 114 g chicken portion. 2 slices bread. 50g Peaches. 50g Custard. Mug Coffee
( 40.20 carbs. 29.9 Protein. 18.04 fat. 454 Calories)
14:41. BG 9.6. Whilst driving
16:33. BG 7.5 whilst driving
18:15 BG 6.1. Before driving home from work.
19:18. BG. 6.0. Before Evening meal
19:30. 5 units NovoRapid
19:45. Dinner. (54.98 carbs. 28.67 protein. 5.44 fats. 416 calories)
23:32 BG. 5.5
3 cream crackers
7 units Lantus and Chilesterol tab.
Bed

True I was not driving coach but was working piloting so treated it the same.
However back at yard Martin was in control and his wife is a type 1. Talking about first day back I showed him results and he immediately questioned about was I driving coach! Lol. If only.
The bag of stuff I’ll have to carry when working I’ll need a full size suitcase. Meters paperwork insulin emergency food. Meals for day. Drinks etc. plus all stuff for work. It will get easier as planned and practice.

@rebrascora
Barbara I have had a few HS’s in passed but none, until yesterday having gone onto basal bolus.
Also 5.2 is getting close to my cut off point as like them out of danger zone until DVLA give my license back. Must admit I’d like them at the moment to be between upper 5’s and 8 then I have space to slip towards the dreaded 4.

Have a good and safe day everyone.

Glad your return to work went well @DuncanLord - roll on the return to driving coach 🙂

Congrats on the HS @MeeTooTeeTwo :D

8.9 and just sliding into my target range of 7-9. After this weeks morning readings, I'm happy with that 🙂

Got a morning phonecall with someone from surgery after feeling pretty rubbish yesterday and suspecting its metformin. Can't fault them so far, they juggled things around to call this morning instead of afternoon as I said I wouldn't be taking the morning dose (at least that way I can see if it still happens on just my furosemide).

I find it hard to know when to call the doctors. Put up with feeling rubbish for so long it is almost a normal way to feel for me. It wasn't until I felt like I was going to pass out on top of the tummy cramps that I thought ermm maybe I need to speak to someone.

Going to grab a coffee and catch up on all your posts 🙂

Morning 🙂 hope everybody is well 🙂
8:57 BG 6.1 Before breakfast - 2x rounds hovis medium white sliced toast - (36g carbs) - 4.5 units Humalog food
7:45 BG 4.8 Waking this morning - 15 units Tresiba done
23:03 BG 7.2 within target Before bed - had 3x rich tea biscuits (18g carbs) - no humalog

Very strange yesterday because I had 2x highs both with the same results
18:57 BG 11.7 Before tea Reason unknown
8:11 BG 11.6 Waking Reason unknown

If anybody can spare a few minutes please feel free to leave me some comments on my BGL'S 🙂

Hope everybody has a good day 🙂

Oh my, a surprise 5.9 this morning. It was 8.7 at bedtime, but I had been out for a small carvery at lunchtime and cleared my plate, roasties, yorkshire pud, the lot ... then after a light dinner got the munchies - sigh - too many indulgencies.
Anyway had a thoroughly brilliant time with the girls, had one vodka and a gallon of laughs. Boy have I missed that these past couple of years!
Okay shopping today with the daughter presumably, can't quite believe it is the end of another week though.
Have a good day all 🙂

Morning 🙂 hope everybody is well 🙂
8:57 BG 6.1 Before breakfast - 2x rounds hovis medium white sliced toast - (36g carbs) - 4.5 units Humalog food
7:45 BG 4.8 Waking this morning - 15 units Tresiba done
23:03 BG 7.2 within target Before bed - had 3x rich tea biscuits (18g carbs) - no humalog

Very strange yesterday because I had 2x highs both with the same results
18:57 BG 11.7 Before tea Reason unknown
8:11 BG 11.6 Waking Reason unknown

If anybody can spare a few minutes please feel free to leave me some comments on my BGL'S 🙂

Hope everybody has a good day 🙂
Gill
Was the high caused by the exercise of your walk (pushing up a hill Etc so that the liver decided to kick glucose into the system as perhaps it thought you were going low)
If you're doing intense exercise, your blood sugar levels may rise, temporarily, after you stop. Exercise that's too hard can raise your blood sugar by making it harder for your muscle cells to use insulin.
I’m only guessing perhaps the more experienced will know more.
Hope it’s back under your control.

Oh my, a surprise 5.9 this morning. It was 8.7 at bedtime, but I had been out for a small carvery at lunchtime and cleared my plate, roasties, yorkshire pud, the lot ... then after a light dinner got the munchies - sigh - too many indulgencies.
Anyway had a thoroughly brilliant time with the girls, had one vodka and a gallon of laughs. Boy have I missed that these past couple of years!
Okay shopping today with the daughter presumably, can't quite believe it is the end of another week though.
Have a good day all 🙂
wouldn’t a laugh and a gallon of vodka be better.
Lol:D:D:D
PS. I haven’t tried the loopy juice yet as not sure what it might do. Dreaming that one day……..

Good morning all

No reading from me this morning as the only strip left in the pot failed, must remember to take a new pot of strips up to bed with me tonight.

Sorry - only just catching up with yesterday's posts.

Congratulations to those who had a HS yesterday and to @MeeTooTeeTwo on today's HS.

@ColinUK - sending you hugs, please put yourself first, keep on with the running, are you in London between Christmas and New Year or away at your parents? as I am not working between the two and could pop on a train and come meet you for coffee.

I was still working from home so no change for me there, although I miss annoying my colleagues, I am quite happy being at home as I do not miss my drive into work as although I don't work in London I have to drive London bound and it is always at a standstill, a journey that takes my hubby 15 mins for his shift at 6am, takes me 45 mins for an 8.30 start, by co-incidence we both go off at the same junction, his work place and mine are just separated by a wire fence.

Take care and have a good weekend everyone, nice and sunny in this part of Essex, so going to head out for a run in my lunch-break.

11:12 BS 8.2

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Now into season 3 of Lois & Clark: ‘95/96 & the first very heavy, chunky laptops; forgotten how this tv show spanned a critical era at the dawn of the digital age at the end of the last century! 🙄

Greetings to all this lovely clear, bright winter morning.

Afraid I had a total disaster with my management of last night's Chinese buffet, despite making fairly sensible choices. The annoying thing is that that I did quite a lot of physical activity before getting ready to go out, in the hope that it would offset some of the food impact. Levels were in the 5s and dropping as I got in the shower so had a couple of dried apricots (10g) to make sure I didn't drop too low as I needed to drive. An hour later when I got in the car to drive to the restaurant 9.2 and rising.... That is stress for you! Jabbed my Levemir 4 units.... same as last night which hypoed me.... and 2 units of Fiasp to try to bring it down. Got to venue 8.4 jabbed another 4 units. Hate to eat when levels above 8 but soup arrived so no choice. Only had 4 prawn crackers and both types of soup. Levels headed up rapidly even before the next course. Jabbed another 4 units and only ate a chicken wing and a few ribs and avoided all the battered stuff.... Levels just continued upwards. Had a couple of duck pancakes and then a tiny amount of noodles with one or two of the main courses and only drank water all night. Levels topped out at 16.4. Had another 2 units when I got home at midnight as still in double figures but remained in double figures all night.
Woke up on 11.2 so that is my offering for this morning but refused to start the day on such a rubbish number. I jabbed another 2 units along with my Levemir and went back to sleep. Woke up the second time on a respectable 6.0 Phew! Was starting to think my Fiasp had turned to water. It's almost like it refuses to work once my levels get into double figures. So much for all my activity yesterday helping to drop my levels!! Not a sign of it!

On a positive note, apart from the stress of managing my levels and trying to inject at the table when there was no leg or elbow room at all (round table with 10 of us).... gave up and used the loos in the end, it was a lovely night, spent with family and friends. We all agreed to do a lateral flow test before hand so that was my first ever Covid test.... blooming heck the instructions are extensive!!! Felt really safe and well partitioned off in the restaurant and all the serving staff wore masks.

Best bit was getting glammed up after so long without an event to attend. I wore a blue velvet cocktail dress that was a hand me down from my sister many years ago. Everyone including my sister made lovely comments about how fab I looked and what a gorgeous dress. I told her I was trying to get her money's worth out of it. Then it clicked!... Amazingly she remembered exactly how much money she paid for it and when she bought it.... and apparently she got it's worth out of it the first time she wore it because it was a bargain sale item and she paid all of £5 for it!!!..... But then that was 35 years ago!! I suppose £5 was rather more then than it is today, but still a total steal as it is beautifully cut and tailored and high quality velvet. We had more difficulty trying to figure out where she bought it and had a trip down memory lane thinking of all the shops we used to visit during that 1980-90s era, like Wallis and Principles and C&A. Turns out it was a Top Shop bargain when I got home and checked the label. And best of all it went perfectly with my newly died blue hair. Hope she isn't going to want the dress back now o_O although it might be quite a fun tradition to swap it back and forth and despite us both approaching 60 it would still fit us both.
I had asked about dress code for the evening and she said that she was wearing a dress and heels but to come in what I was comfortable in. I texted her back to say.... "Wellies and jodhpurs it is then!" So I guess expectation was low. 🙄

@MeeTooTeeTwo Many congrats on another House Special for you this morning. Are you having a late run for the championship title as the year is drawing to a close?

Cauliflower soup is delicious! Are you making cauliflower cheese soup or more of a cream of cauliflower soup @eggyg ?
Both! Cooked down the cauli, onions, potatoes in the chicken stock ( homemade). Whazz in processor, add cream then loads of cheese. I took a portion out first for Zara, then seasoned ours with loads of milled black pepper. It was, and always is, delicious. Freezes well too.

Gill
Was the high caused by the exercise of your walk (pushing up a hill Etc so that the liver decided to kick glucose into the system as perhaps it thought you were going low)
If you're doing intense exercise, your blood sugar levels may rise, temporarily, after you stop. Exercise that's too hard can raise your blood sugar by making it harder for your muscle cells to use insulin.
Hi @DuncanLord one of the highs was on waking so there was no exercise there and the other high was before tea and there was no walking or exercise done there either but thanks for having a think about my highs.

Hope it’s back under your control.
Thanks it went back under my control at bedtime 🙂

Congrats to @MeeTooTeeTwo on the HS.
@eggyg the soup sounds delicious.
@rebrascora i love the dress story.
@ColinUK i hope your friend continues to feel the same way today and you both manage to rebuild the friendship.

Back