Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. :D 5.6 here.

I was a bit twitchy too @eggyg before going to my first Welsh class in an actual classroom but we all sit miles apart in a huge room (and have to shout to be heard :D). Hope it goes well!

6.5 this morning.

Legal stuff to occupy my thoughts today. Next stage of the incredibly drawn out potential court case litigation today.

7.5 here but wandering into the 10s overnight so the tiny bit of improvement I had mad on my TIR has been wiped out. That will be the very weak ham lentil and veg soup I had last night. My body seems to wring every last gram of carbs out of legumes and then a bit more. Surely 4 units of QA for a big bowl of soup and 1 slice of Warbourton's wholemeal (9g) should be more than enough. Went to bed on a nice 6.3 and then my little gut bacteria got to work and by 1am I had crossed into double figures and plateaued there for a few hours before coming down a bit. I love beans and lentils but I really resent the amount of insulin they need and so much later too.

@Northerner Many congrats on nabbing yourself one of those elusive House Specials.

@freesia Really hope this week is less stressful than you anticipate. Nearly half term. Hang in there!

@eggyg Hope you enjoy the course and most importantly that you get on well with Libre. Strange that you had an unusually high reading the morning you are going to start it. Could it be to do with recent vaccines?

Well done @Northerner on the HS. 🙂
I just missed it by a whisker with 5.3.

Dez

Congrats to @Northerner on the HS today. @Gwynn just catching up after a weekend off line. So sorry to hear what you are going through. Hopefully this week will be better for you.

A 5.6 for me on Saturday, a 6.0 on Sunday an a 5.9 at 05:41 this morning.

Oh, forgot to say - who was it who was hankering after a Victoria Sponge last week? You inspired me to bake one on Sunday for dessert after Sunday dinner last night. Not much left! I baked some sour dough baguettes on Saturday as well which (I am told) where really nice with bacon in.

Good Morning All
Well done @Northerner on that HS. (How do you hack the meter?)
An 8.2 for me this morning, which was strange as I’d been 8.0 before bed last night and the 6 units Lantus (basal). Oh well worse things happen at sea.
hopefully I get call from DN today about the NovoRapid. I am injecting 2 units with each meal as instructed. Looked on the DiabetesM App to ‘play’ with the bolus advisor. The 8.2 BG plus breakfast of 51.2 carbs said 6 units bolus for target BG of 5.6. It’s ratios may be wrong but 6 seems a large amount ( for me anyway).
Any ideas or do I just wait and see Am I pushing the boundaries of the diabetic nurses to get them into line or is it supposed to take time?

6.8 for me today, off to the hospital this afternoon, but won't get any answers as haven't had my ultrasound scan or CT scans yet, but as I had been referred under the 2 week protocol I had to been seen quickly.

@Northerner - congrats on your HS

Have a good day everyone.

6.8 for me today, off to the hospital this afternoon, but won't get any answers as haven't had my ultrasound scan or CT scans yet, but as I had been referred under the 2 week protocol I had to been seen quickly.

@Northerner - congrats on your HS

Hope all goes well with your hospital visit!

Morning all and 6.3 it was for me.

Spent a good deal of yesterday editing backing tracks for our forthcoming trip to the studio.

Ordered a new (refurb) laptop.as mine is starting to struggle. Can't complain as it was an ex demo model and now ten years old.

Garden beckons.

Just spoken to the Diabetes team
Yes I’m rushing to get the carb insulin ratios for Bolus. So that takes longer before they set that up.
apparently the Lantus in the evening should keep BG’ constant so if I go to bed on a reading it should be that in morning. Which it basically was.
They have put the NovoRapid bolus up to 3 units with each meal and we look at it on Thursday.

Morning. 6.2 for me. Meal out for daughters birthday last night followed by a correction or two during the evening, so pleasantly surprised with this mornings number...let’s see what numbers today holds 🙄

Disappointing about the boats @Barfly , hope you had a good visit.

Will you be playing live gigs @khskel ?

Hoping everyone has a good day

Good day all. Over 11 this morning and I wish I hadn't taken it, ignorance is bliss ... for a while. 😳

Oh, forgot to say - who was it who was hankering after a Victoria Sponge last week? You inspired me to bake one on Sunday for dessert after Sunday dinner last night. Not much left! I baked some sour dough baguettes on Saturday as well which (I am told) where really nice with bacon in.
Guilty m'lud. Yes it was I.

Back