Group 7-day waking average?

My mum's husband died suddenly this morning. They only got married in June, and were due to move into their new home on Wednesday.

I've been on auto pilot, not eating until recently. Was going to stay at mums tonight and it didn't even occur to me I'd need to take my insulin with me until I got home and saw the sharps box. Think it's made me think about how automatic this stuff needs to become to my life.

Gosh, what a day.
My condolences to your mum and you. 3 months isn't much of a married life for your mum, but at least she was with him for that period.

Colin
The Met office use the tried and tested formula.
If you can see the hills it is going to rain.
If you can’t see the hills……it’s raining.
The only problem is that they get it wrong in Essex as there are not many hills, just slopes and gentle at that.
Question. What do they do at night?
Guided by the stars possibly? If you can see the moon? Lol

Guided by the stars possibly? If you can see the moon? Lol
According to the latest Disney Pixar film, the stars are anchovies in the sky.
Which is a lovely thing in context of the film 🙂

It’s on Disney+ “Luca”
It’s really quite charming.
I’ve got an Amazon Prime dropped Netflix just now will have a look. Prime want £13.99. The trailer is cute. I thought Facebook had blocked me again but it’s down. Blocked for 3 rd time on Twitter. They pick out words and you’re blocked. I’m not giving them my phone number to reactivate.

Last edited by a moderator:
04/10/21 BS 7.7 I’m fine with that as I went to bed 7.4 with midday LR of 72. 🙂

A bit longer day today of about 14 hours! A mixed results day but, one thing is clear reducing basal is right as I’m still getting drops after active bolus! But, I’m leaving breakfast NR back up at 40 units as I’m going up too high & it’s the basal that brings me down afterwards.

So today, MY today that’s obviously out of whack with YOURS, I stuck in 40 units for breakfast, just finished as I post, for 1.5 ham sandwiches, couldn’t finish the other half & bagged for a handy snack should I need one today, with 3 cups of tea with milk & honey! I’m starting a bit higher so won’t be too unduly worried if it’s higher & LR is a couple hours away yet at midnight! I’ve decided to go back down to 72 units!

I was right about not having peaked yet for breakfast last night with BS 15.1 with 36 NR but, with still too much LR of 74, I suspect, I didn’t go much higher 01:35 BS 15.8. Then, started dropping 02:55 BS 8.8 & 04:36 just after 4 hours, 4 hours & 26 minutes, after NR for a clear baseline to see what the basal does & was surprised 04:36 BS 4.5! I ate an oatcake to bring me back up. To see if I’m ok? 07:47 BS 5.7 relieved! After an early tesco delivery slot this week & put away, 09:46 BS 5.4 starting to drop again so, I decided to eat lunch of 500ml pot of chicken & veg soup, was all I wanted not being very hungry, with no bolus to counter the clearly too much basal! Midday LR 12:01 BS 7.4 went back down to 72 & went to bed as I’d been tired since the soup & stayed up for basal. I went to bed & woke pretty much the same on BS 7.7 🙂

Now, I’ll see where I’m at for midnight basal & continue to test: buffed all my fingers down this morning with a nail file; back down to 0.5 for the softclix & it’s painless compared to when I had to go SO deep, FOUR!!!, which is ALMOST heavenly! 🙄:D😉

A Very Good Night to you all & wishing you all a Wonderful Day, coming up, for you NORMAL lot from Little Miss Ou Of Whack me! :D😉

The picture IS getting clearer & I’ll get there, yet! 🙂

Will now catch up on what I missed on this thread! 😳

I promise I didn’t just wake up, just slipped my mind completely all day 😛

It was another 5.3 today (3 times in 5 days weird lol). Operation get back into running is in progress, dad has entered me into a 5k in November (training to commence after week away from home) and I ordered some new running shorts 🙂

@stackingcups I’m deeply sorry to hear what happened, sending all the love and support

Stackingcups, my best wishes to you.

First up this morning.

BG 4.6

@stackingcups my condolences on your sad loss.
5.1 for me today. 🙂

Dez

Morning everyone. 6.1 for me this morning after a night slightly out of target but nowhere near as much as previously and no spikes.

Morning all, ooh it’s dark out there, and wet, again! A disappointing 7.2, I had an extremely low carb tea last night, moussaka and salad. A wee bit sliced potato, a bit of flour in the béchamel, and a tiny piece of pitta. I’m thinking now it may be a cold or such like coming on, got a lot of pressure in my throat, ears and head. I’m sneezing a bit but no runny nose and I don’t feel bunged up, just hurts when I bend down! No scrubbing of floors for me today! 😉

Off to the farmers’ today to look after kids after nursery/ school whilst mum takes pickup to garage and dad at work. They’re all full of cold already so won’t be passing anything on.

How did you all cope without FB and Insta last night? I was devastated, I had nothing to do during the ad breaks on the telly! Only joking of course ( sort of), but I bet there was some near meltdowns from some so called influencers ( I hate that term) not getting their fix of “ likes”!

That’s all from me folks. Have a gud ‘un! 🙂

Last edited:
Morning all, 5.1 here, so close! Busy morning ahead. Flu jab walk-in session at our surgery this morning, followed by haircut. Good job it’s that way round and I don’t have to queue outside the jab clinic in the wind and rain with a newly blow-dried coiffure!

7.4 after another of fruitless searching for a longish skirt - where are they all?
Have a good day x

Back