Group 7-day waking average?

5.4 for me this morning. 🙂

Dez

6.4 Today. Dull and overcast in Poole.

Disappointing 9.6 here and one of those surface skimming porpoise graphs on my Libre this morning. Just can't seem to get my evening basal quite right. Nearly went for 8 again but split the difference and played it safe with 7.5units.

@Nicoll Welcome. 6.2 is a nice in range reading. How are you finding finger pricking?

@Barfly A good reading from you today. Is that a personal best?

Morning

6.2 here
xx

Good morning. After a day with a couple of high spikes followed by times of scraping the lower target lines, woke this morninh to a 6.8.
@eggyg sounds like you're having a good time
@Nicoll welcome to the forum
Have a good day everyone.

Disappointing 9.6 here and one of those surface skimming porpoise graphs on my Libre this morning. Just can't seem to get my evening basal quite right. Nearly went for 8 again but split the difference and played it safe with 7.5units.

@Nicoll Welcome. 6.2 is a nice in range reading. How are you finding finger pricking?

Hi! Finger pricking not good yet, but I will just have to get used to it! Problem with wasting strips, I don’t seem to get enough blood out on the first attempt! I know I’ve only been at it a few days, but it still makes me jump! Ha!ha!

Hi Barfly, almost my personal best, have been in the 7’s, but did have a 5.9!

Hi! Finger pricking not good yet, but I will just have to get used to it! Problem with wasting strips, I don’t seem to get enough blood out on the first attempt! I know I’ve only been at it a few days, but it still makes me jump! Ha!ha!
If you are not getting enough out, then gently massage your finger towards the end BEFORE you prick then press gently after the prick if you need to. Putting too much pressure where you prick will stop it bleeding, just think what you do when you cut yourself, you put pressure on the wound.
Also make sure your hands are warm.

6.5 today. Managed a shot rip to The Range yesterday, was like Christmas lol.
@Nicoll welcome to the forum.
Have a good day all x

6.8 for me today, but did have another meal out yesterday, and realised this morning that I haven't taken my diabetes mess for 2 days, so taking that into account it isn't as bad as I thought.

@freesia i am glad you found the film gripping, I did as well, I will certainly watch it again when it is available to download.

@Nicoll welcome to the forum, you will get the knack of testing, I think we have all been there with not getting enough blood out, it is like you have to find the sweet spot, which I still don't always get.

I see there are a few of us from the Essex/Kent area, so I am sure there are many others from areas in either London or good transport links to London, so it got me wondering about trying to organise a meet up in London next spring, Iknow that seems a long way a way, but would start organising yet, just an idea to put in my calendar to sort out after Christmas. I'll put somethin on a separate thread to see if enough people would consider coming.

Have a lovely Bank Holiday, it is grey and dark in South West Essex, taking mum to the crem to visit dad and work out where is available for his plaque.

Love to you al my diabetes family.

Morning 5.8 for me.

It’s the final countdown back to school ! Sort of looking forward to it. Sort of not. Will enjoy last few days.
Have a good day all.

If you are not getting enough out, then gently massage your finger towards the end BEFORE you prick then press gently after the prick if you need to. Putting too much pressure where you prick will stop it bleeding, just think what you do when you cut yourself, you put pressure on the wound.
Also make sure your hands are warm.
Oh! Thank you for your advice, I’ll try that next time!

6.8 for me today, but did have another meal out yesterday, and realised this morning that I haven't taken my diabetes mess for 2 days, so taking that into account it isn't as bad as I thought.

@freesia i am glad you found the film gripping, I did as well, I will certainly watch it again when it is available to download.

@Nicoll welcome to the forum, you will get the knack of testing, I think we have all been there with not getting enough blood out, it is like you have to find the sweet spot, which I still don't always get.

I see there are a few of us from the Essex/Kent area, so I am sure there are many others from areas in either London or good transport links to London, so it got me wondering about trying to organise a meet up in London next spring, Iknow that seems a long way a way, but would start organising yet, just an idea to put in my calendar to sort out after Christmas. I'll put somethin on a separate thread to see if enough people would consider coming.

Have a lovely Bank Holiday, it is grey and dark in South West Essex, taking mum to the crem to visit dad and work out where is available for his plaque.

Love to you al my diabetes family.
Ahhh! Hope everything does well for you and your mum x

@rebrascora Thanks for noticing, Barbara. No yesterday's was 6.3. It looks as though it's gradually on the downward trend at last. I started in the 10's when first doing the tests, and now it is trending downwards nicely. There are some nasty peaks still happening but overall it seems to be going in the right direction. I have also lost 7kg in the last 8 weeks. I don't want to lose too much more or I'll be skin and bones (with a bit of a tummy). Always the last place to lose it......

Screenshot_2021-08-30-10-51-21-523_air.SmartLog.android (1).jpg

Good morning 🙂 my scores for this morning and last night are.....

9:48am bef breakfast 6.9 (had 36g of carbs which was poached egg on 2 rounds of hovis medium white sliced toast. Took 4.5 units of humalog for food)

6:42am waking 5.5 (16.0 units of tresiba taken. No correction needed)
23:30pm bef bed 4.2 (15 minute hypo check - back to above 4mmol - had 18g of carbs which was 3 rich tea biscuits)
23:07pm bef bed 3.2 (hypo so had 1 150ml can of non-diet coca-cola) (No idea what caused the hypo - got carb count of 112g of carbs for tea correct. Had a gin and diet coke)

Welcome @Nicoll

7.2 for me earlier - numbers have been in the 7’s in the morning, before and after meals which I am delighted with - there’s definitely a change happening.

enjoy the bank holiday everyone

Back