Group 7-day waking average?

5.8 for me today, thought it might be higher as had some bad news that a good friend of mine was rushed to hospital with what was thought to be an infection from a tooth extraction on Friday and turned out to be a very aggressive form of leukemia, currently receiving chemo, had a bone marrow biopsy so waiting on those results. Really hoping he pulls through. I have been tearful and it has also stirred up some emotions from when my dad was in hospital last year. I also didn't realise how much I loved this friend as we often take friendships for granted without realising the emotional connection we have made.

@freesia - congratulations on the HS today.

My boss has been lovely and let me take time out of work to go to a morning yoga session which has helped calm me down.

Have a good day everyone. Sorry I have been through and read the posts, just forgot to like them.
@Grannylorraine i'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope everything works out ok. We're all here if you want to chat/rant. Take care xx

@Grannylorraine My "like" is for your reading and as a means of sending moral support. Certainly not liking your sad news but great that you have an understanding boss. Hoping for a positive outcome for your friend. Sending (((HUGS)))

Morning

9.5 today

No I've unfortunately not had a long lie

I may not have had to make any of those calls I was prepared for yesterday but I've more than made up for it this morning! Feeling very stressed! Had a text this morning from NHS-No Reply reminding me about my Near Me appointment at 15:15, log into the waiting room 5 minutes before the appointment by clicking this link, if you can't attend the appointment please call the number on your appointment letter, that would help if I'd got a letter and knew what the appointment was! After numerous calls I've apparently got an appointment with the consultant tomorrow which was made 2 weeks ago, I have no earthly idea how to use this Near Me service and the website isn't much help :(
xx
Hope all goes well, nothing ever seems to be straight forward does it xx

@Grannylorraine so sorry to read about your friend, I hope she takes a turn for the better very soon xx

Just to let you all know, we are having a much better day today.

That seems very stressful, everything tends now to go through websites and text messages.
This morning I eventually got a sick note from the doctor which says I may go back to work as long as no driving coaches, due to waiting for DVLA.
However it was sent through digitally. How was that to be downloaded and then sent through to work!
Eventually managed but think work may have it three times on various emails. Think Paper copies are easier and less stressful.
Hope your appointment with consultant goes well.
I made further calls to try and find out what I'm supposed to do and if there are any details I need to be able to gain access, nobody knew and I just kept getting passed round departments, I got a bit too wound up so stopped and will begin again shortly but the woman that really got me was the one who listened to my problem about not having a letter and when I asked if I needed any information that would've been included in the letter she said "oh I don't know, it should be in your letter if there is" 🙄

Was your sick note via that e-consult? I'm on UC but required sick notes as I'm not fit for work with my contamination OCD etc and the last one was obtained via that method and received via email but I just saved the attached file and uploaded it to my UC account xx

I made further calls to try and find out what I'm supposed to do and if there are any details I need to be able to gain access, nobody knew and I just kept getting passed round departments, I got a bit too wound up so stopped and will begin again shortly but the woman that really got me was the one who listened to my problem about not having a letter and when I asked if I needed any information that would've been included in the letter she said "oh I don't know, it should be in your letter if there is" 🙄

Was your sick note via that e-consult? I'm on UC but required sick notes as I'm not fit for work with my contamination OCD etc and the last one was obtained via that method and received via email but I just saved the attached file and uploaded it to my UC account xx

No I actually spoke to the doctor this morning, having rung yesterday at 08:00 to get in queue being told to ring after ten. Only to be told I needed to speak to the Doctor and ring again at 08:00 this morning.
These things are sent to try our patience to somewhere beyond the limit.

Hope all goes well, nothing ever seems to be straight forward does it xx
Well someone's finally been able to tell me that there aren't any details needed for logging in on the letter or anything, best make sure my phone is fully charged! 🙄 xx

No I actually spoke to the doctor this morning, having rung yesterday at 08:00 to get in queue being told to ring after ten. Only to be told I needed to speak to the Doctor and ring again at 08:00 this morning.
These things are sent to try our patience to somewhere beyond the limit.
They most certainly are! Hopefully everything will go smoothly tomorrow although I better actually check how much data I have left first! xx

ut the woman that really got me was the one who listened to my problem about not having a letter and when I asked if I needed any information that would've been included in the letter she said "oh I don't know, it should be in your letter if there is
Unbelieveable! 🙄

Webforms and round-robin press button no * are the stuff of doctor's receptionists wet dreams, don't they just love them!

Outsourcing and downsizing, the mantra of that antipodean shit that whispered in Maggie and Reagan's ear has a lot to answer for in my opinion.
I apologise for the length of the following rant.....

Rogernomics and the rise and rise of the bean counters across the Western economies is the main reason for the rich getting richer and the poor ever poorer in the Western world.

Let me illustrate with an example from my own experience. I was a small contractor working in Western Australia. Before Rogernomics, every high school in WA had it’s own live-in caretaker living in a tied property on site. A fault occurred in the PA system in Craigie high school, the microphone became faulty. Before Rogernomics, the office lady would have told the caretaker in the morning, he would have had a look and gone to get a replacement and it would be all working in the late afternoon. Total cost: $50. The live-in caretaker would have been paid about $20,000 per year with his free housing. The school would have been spotless, no overnight security issues and all was green in the playing fields.

Enter Rogernomics. Caretaker’s house sold off, caretaker on the dole. Serco appointed as overall contractor. Serco appoints security company. Serco appoints cleaning contractor. Serco appoints gardening contractor. Serco appoints building maintenance company. Serco takes huge percentage from all submitted invoices from said companies. The microphone dies, the registrar informs the Education Authority who passes the job to Serco in Sydney 3000 miles away. Serco delegates to the maintenance company the job some ten days later. The maintenance company delegates the job to its approved electronic contractor (once again based in Sydney 3000 miles away). A week later the job is given to a local company who in turn gives it to their local subcontractor, namely me.

Three weeks later I turn up and replace the microphone, my invoice to the local company $150. This company invoices the Sydney firm $250. The Sydney firm invoices the maintenance company $700. The maintenance company invoices Serco for $1500. Serco invoices the Education Department for $3000.

And Rogernomics claim this is more efficient, a $50 job turning into a $3000 job, six or seven weeks late. Multiply this over the whole economy and you begin to see the scale of the problem created by this barmy ideology driven economic nightmare.

Rant over Tony.

@Barfly
You have forgotten the flowers and chocolate which is sent to the school secretary, and everyone else, when they made the second and third phone call to chase up the job. The Head was ranting at the secretary because of the delay and was sent a bottle of spirits. All of course with the add on profit.

I work for National Express Coaches now but years ago I worked for one of NX’s third parties. NX paid us to do NX work in NX coloured coaches and drivers in NX uniform.
A coach went wrong in VIctoria Coach Station London before going up to Kings Lyn.
We let NX know. They moved passengers onto an NX coach up to Stansted Airport. Then put the passengers onto one of their coaches going up to Cambridge.
The coaches were in service and running anyway. Taxis ( another operator 3rd party to NX) were used to move a few passengers up to either Wisbech or Kings Lyn.
Great all passengers moved and times were about correct.
We then got the paperwork. No money for London Kings Lyn that we were due Plus a penalty charge for not running service Emergency Hire of coach and driver London Stansted. Emergency Hire of coach and driver Stansted Cambridge. Cost of taxis Cambridge to Kings Lyn. Cost of vouchers for passengers to have free ticket ( to keep public happy). Arrangement costs by National Express.
Instead of us getting £350 for run we had a bill for £18,500.
When we questioned it the answer was,”Don’t let it happen again and if you don’t pay we will charge interest!”

Last edited:
@Barfly
You have forgotten the flowers and chocolate which is sent to the school secretary, and everyone else, when they made the second and third phone call to chase up the job. The Head was ranting at the secretary because of the delay and was sent a bottle of spirits. All of course with the add on profit.

I work for National Express Coaches now but years ago I worked for one of NX’s third parties. NX paid us to do NX work in NX coloured coaches and drivers in NX uniform.
A coach went wrong in VIctoria Coach Station London before going up to Kings Lyn.
We let NX know. They moved passengers onto an NX coach up to Stansted Airport. Then put the passengers onto one of their coaches going up to Cambridge.
The coaches were in service and running anyway. Taxis ( another operator 3rd party to NX) were used to move a few passengers up to either Wisbech or Kings Lyn.
Great all passengers moved and times were about correct.
We then got the paperwork. No money for London Kings Lyn that we were due. Emergency Hire of coach and driver London Stansted. Emergency Hire of coach and driver Stansted Cambridge. Cost of taxis Cambridge to Kings Lyn. Cost of vouchers for passengers to have free ticket ( to keep public happy). Arrangement costs by National Express.
Instead of us getting £350 for run we had a bill for £12500.
When we questioned it the answer was,”Don’t let it happen again and if you don’t pay we will charge interest!”
outsourcing-gotta love it Duncan

@freesia congrats on the 5.2

8.8 for me this morning. I had yoghurt, raspberries and nuts afterwards then went for a walk with my OH in the forest as that has more shade so is much cooler on lovely days like this. However, I checked my bg when I got back and it was at 3 - eek. Had lunch (roast beef and salad) and it's back to 6.8 2 hours after eating. I have never had a reading as low as 3 before - should I have checked my bg immediately after the walk (there were a few inclines) rather than wait until we got back to the house? When I saw the reading at 3 should I have eaten something like a jelly baby? Any advice welcome.

@Molly M how did you feel? At 3 I would've been trembling, sweaty, heart racing etc, could your hands have been damp at all? Did you recheck it? xx

Well someone's finally been able to tell me that there aren't any details needed for logging in on the letter or anything, best make sure my phone is fully charged! 🙄 xx
Well sounds like you got somewhere and nowhere 🙄 Hope you find out what is going on soon xx

Back