Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning everyone. 8.4 for me and another full night of sleep. Have woke up feeling exhausted though! Libre shows that i've hovered just out of target through the night but nowhere near the alarm line.
The ironing basket is waiting for me so i'd better get on.
Congratulations @adrian1der and @Gwynn on your HS
Have a great day everyone.

My reading this morning before my walk/exercise was 5.6. 🙂

Oh and congrats to @adrian1der and @Gwynn on yours HSs

Dez

And hubby’s started erecting the long-awaited covered area / arbour / bus stop so we can sit out in all weathers.
BBQ hut. It’s a BBQ hut.

Morning All
A 6.0 for me at 07:20 this morning.
well done @Gwynn and @adrian1der on your HS’s.
A day of exercise, yesterday as went silly with walks and indoor running. Watch says I covered 18km and 20 000 steps But weight down to 15 stone 2 lbs. (Seems a great deal of effort for a mere 16 ounces. LOL)
Have a great day and stay safe.

A 5.6 for me this morning at 04:27. Overcast and dull here although we are promised that the low cloud will burn off later. I hope so as I was planning a barbie this evening

7 exactly this morning, don't know if that is a result of eating two of the doughnuts I baked yesterday, very naughty but nice or due to my stuffed sinuses, this morning.

@Gwynn - congrats on your HS

@freesia - wow what a long journey, but the Dartford Crossing is the nemisis of where I live, as it can cause the whole area to become gridlocked.

Have a good day everyone.

5.1 again for me today but it was achieved with the help of 3 units of Fiasp a few hours earlier. TIR stats are now completely shot!
Had a lovely day yesterday riding out with my sister and then dinner (Chinese takeaway including duck and pancakes) afterwards with her and her husband and my brother and cousin. Had a real rollercoaster with my BG levels as a result, so my overnight high was not unexpected and possibly worth sacrificing my stats, but nose back to the grindstone now.

Congrats to @adrian1der and @Gwynn on your House Specials.

Can I just say that the diet I follow beef or chicken in black bean sauce is a very low syn value For Chinese. If You cut the rice it would ge very low. Great choice as I enjoy it. Can’t say anything about your score as I don’t know anything yet.
Sorry just want to make you aware that the comment you quoted the poster hasn't been active since 2012 so you probably won't get any response from them, also wanted to point out that they are also a Type 1 xx

Disappointing 6.3 when I went to bed last night, but 5.0 on waking, closest I've been to my target of being in the fours since quite a few weeks. Just about to have lunch and back at 5.0 again.
Remember that BG machines can read higher or lower. If I test on two different machines the result can differ by 1 mmol/ l.
also if you test two different fingers you may get two different levels as blood is not homogeneous.
DVLA look for a reading above 5 for driving and consider anything below 4.0 as hypo. Hospitals say that’s a low and proper hypo below 3.
I know you are Type 2 and I’m going off Type 1 figures but they look fairly good to me.
what do others on site think?

Remember that BG machines can read higher or lower. If I test on two different machines the result can differ by 1 mmol/ l.
also if you test two different fingers you may get two different levels as blood is not homogeneous.
DVLA look for a reading above 5 for driving and consider anything below 4.0 as hypo. Hospitals say that’s a low and proper hypo below 3.
I know you are Type 2 and I’m going off Type 1 figures but they look fairly good to me.
what do others on site think?
Hi thanks,
I agree, though I am fairly thorough with the testing. If I get an abnormal reading then I do another test from another site. I've been doing a lot of testing of meters and cross comparison. I find that my current meter starts to over-read as it gets higher than 5, so if a spike shows 11 it may read 8 on another meter. As the mmol/l gets closer to 5, the readings from different meters are more aligned. I also did a side by side with an extended trial of Libre2 CGM, it was below the meters by 1 mmol/l at around 5, and by 2 at around 8. I will see eventually, as I will use all the data to produce an estimated A1C, and see how this compares to the lab test, and use that reference to calibrate.

That abnormal 6.3 was a strange evening, because after my meal I didn't see it go above 7 the whole evening, I had a long flat curve, instead of a spike up to 8 and a fairly swift fall back to below 6, which is more normal for me. I'm going to have to start doing integrals on the curves to see if they relate.

Daughter going to come and shave my legs when she has a spare hour - has to be done and she’s the one to do it lol.
Your daughter shaving your legs!
Forgive me for a longish story, but it is funny.

My nephew, wife and 2 girls came around for a bbq two Sundays ago. Their first daughter Erin is nearly 22. She was complaining about some tablets she’d had to take as a youngster. She has CF and has had to take tablets all her life. But these tablets were so big she wouldn’t take them and she hid them away. I joked that they should have given them to her as suppositories. She was “No Way!”

So, her mother told us that when Erin was born she was delivered by C-Section. Apparently they delivered the baby and then “shoved everything back in” and sewed her up. She was very uncomfortable for some time afterwards. I was losing concentration by then and can’t remember why, but she had to have a suppository inserted.

Apparently my nephew, Gary, told her that his mother would do it as she used to be a nurse. She reluctantly agreed and the deed was done.

Gary then said, “Actually I’ve never told you, but my mother was never a nurse.” 😱😱😱 doesn’t cover her reaction. “I let my mother in law stick a suppository up my bum and you tell me 20 years later that she wasn’t a nurse!!!!!”

How we laughed.

@HenryBennett well that sounds like a very amusing bbq!!!
Legs all done now and like a baby’s bum lol x

4.8 here.

A dreadful day yesterday. I discovered that my wife had been hiding my things to kerp them safe from intruders. I wondered where things were going. Not a good scene when I found out and asked her to just leave my stuff alone. Real anger and upset from her for hours. Despair from me. I ended up eating nothing for my tea, and missed taking my other meds which are vital to life. I don't think I died.

Not too hopeful for today sadly.

Back